Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 130
  1. #41
    Founder Firepants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Yidland
    Posts
    297

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ungood View Post
    Don't hold back man.. tell us how you really feel.
    What would be the point in holding back? We'd end up with idiotic houses and no game in a year because everyone left and/or is putzing around in their new "house" instead of playing a game.

  2. #42
    Community Member Philibusta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    'Murica!
    Posts
    1,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Firepants View Post
    THEN GO PLAY SKYRIM IF YOU DO NOT WANT PEOPLE MESSING UP YOUR GAME. Seriously. Get that poisonous mindset the fuq out of a multiplayer game. You do not belong here, move along. Here's the link to Barbie's Home Makeover again: http://www.barbie.com/activities/friends/myhouse/
    Show me a better D&D-based game, and I'll be gone in an instant.

    And stop making assumptions about other peoples' lives because you lack the intellect to fill the spaces in your post with anything better than empty insults.
    All that is wrong with DDO, life, taxes, poltics, religion, music, fast food, education, the criminal justice system, the weather, society, the universe, and previously-discontinued-but-now-on-their-way-back snack cakes, is all the fault of Wizards of the Coast. I know this because Fred told me so, and Mind Flayers are smart.

  3. #43
    Founder Firepants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Yidland
    Posts
    297

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmanis View Post
    I want raids. I like raids, I want more and more raids.

    Make 5 raids, each incredibly difficult (actually require teamwork, impossible to solo) one for each different element. The Fire raid would give special Fire weapons (the best of which would be something like an upgraded EXuum), which in turn make the Ice raid easier because everything is vulnerable to fire. But make all the powerful weapons super hard to pull, like the drop rates in CITW right now. And make them that way from the beginning, don't make it easy then take it away from us later.

    Also, I want to see Amrath expanded upon. MAKE US FIGHT THE FALLEN ARCHON!!!! Give us 2 raids for that, actually. 1 to fight the fallen Archon and the other one like the old tank and spank raids for the thing kept in the Dungeon on the Amrath island. Give demonic loot, stuff with curses and high dps with drawbacks. Sword that does as much dps against any other weapon in the game, but does greater vicious damage and increase damage taken by 5%? Mmmm smexy.

    Then give us a 6 man quest where we have to fight off waves of the demon armies. Don't make it like DA though, make it so it doesn't end until we die. Then keep a record of who got the farthest per server. You KNOW that would make for some extreme competition among players which I think would liven up the game for a bit. Don't give it a difficulty, just make the waves get ever so stronger.
    HELL YES

    Or expand on the other planar options, we can ask about going to Mabar or Lammannia but get no love in actually going there to do something awesome. Instead we have a debate over which unnecessary class to add or whether or not Barbie's Home Makeover should be adapted to DDO. Insanity.

  4. #44
    Community Member Charononus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Philibusta View Post
    Show me a better D&D-based game, and I'll be gone in an instant.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ns_video_games

    leave out a few of them because they're bad, but that's a pretty complete list, and many are better than DDO.

  5. #45
    Community Member Charononus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ericrd View Post
    report the posts that violate forum rules ...some people are I.T.G.s....the forum mods exist to pull thier cards
    You mean like his where he calls those that disagree with him parasites and trolls? Done.

  6. #46
    Community Member PermaBanned's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,574

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Firepants View Post
    <a whole bunch of nastiness>
    Dude, I'm with ya on the questing over nesting, but there's no need to be a phallus about it...
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

  7. #47
    Community Member Philibusta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    'Murica!
    Posts
    1,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ns_video_games

    leave out a few of them because they're bad, but that's a pretty complete list, and many are better than DDO.
    how many of em have a combat system similar to DDO, AND the variety in character creation (rather than playing some jacked-up premade character made for the game) AND arent so old they'll still actually work?
    All that is wrong with DDO, life, taxes, poltics, religion, music, fast food, education, the criminal justice system, the weather, society, the universe, and previously-discontinued-but-now-on-their-way-back snack cakes, is all the fault of Wizards of the Coast. I know this because Fred told me so, and Mind Flayers are smart.

  8. #48
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    You mean like his where he calls those that disagree with him parasites and trolls? Done.
    yyyeeaahhh.....like his post is the one thats violating the most rules...did you even read this thread ?

  9. #49
    Founder Firepants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Yidland
    Posts
    297

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Philibusta View Post
    Stop making the assumption that you're right, when in this case there is no right or wrong, cretin.
    No, there's a clear wrong here. Wrong: player housing Wrong: A new class. Right: Better and more epic epic content. Right: Add new feats to the game, not classes. Give us new ways to envision what we've already mastered (you know, like how D&D does it for the most part). Give us a long overarching all raid questline (like 6+ quests in the chain, all raids) where we go against a freakin enclave or city of Mindflayers in the Underdark. Or where we traverse the planes working to reinstate the Goddess of Magic, Mystra, also known as Ana Brabner, as the Goddess of Magic. SOMETHING. Not toolin around on a mountainside fighting some orcs and giants and insanely beefy wolves. I will admit that I do enjoy the Wheloon stuff so there is that.

  10. #50
    Community Member Charononus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Philibusta View Post
    how many of em have a combat system similar to DDO, AND the variety in character creation (rather than playing some jacked-up premade character made for the game) AND arent so old they'll still actually work?
    Some of them, I don't know.

    I still play
    Neverwinter Nights
    Neverwinter Nights 2
    Baldur's Gate
    Baldur's Gate 2

    probably once a month though.

    Btw for those that haven't seen this yet

    http://store.steampowered.com/app/228280/

    Redo of Baldur's Gate on Steam

  11. #51
    Community Member NaturalHazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    8,866

    Default

    well from what I saw looks like housing is on the books and raids down the toilet lol. Raid completions already been stuffed up....and it must be a big headache trying to fix and deal with all the other stuff, and raids have been steadily dying off due to a lot of things, looks like its been given the coup de grace. Hope everyone enjoys decorating their new home..............

  12. #52
    Community Member Philibusta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    'Murica!
    Posts
    1,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Firepants View Post
    No, there's a clear wrong here. Wrong: player housing Wrong: A new class. Right: Better and more epic epic content. Right: Add new feats to the game, not classes. Give us new ways to envision what we've already mastered (you know, like how D&D does it for the most part). Give us a long overarching all raid questline (like 6+ quests in the chain, all raids) where we go against a freakin enclave or city of Mindflayers in the Underdark. Or where we traverse the planes working to reinstate the Goddess of Magic, Mystra, also known as Ana Brabner, as the Goddess of Magic. SOMETHING. Not toolin around on a mountainside fighting some orcs and giants and insanely beefy wolves. I will admit that I do enjoy the Wheloon stuff so there is that.

    And just because that stuff is what YOU think is right for the game (and some of it I do agree with)...doesn't mean it IS right. You have a very overinflated opinion of yourself if you think YOUR perspective is always the RIGHT one.
    All that is wrong with DDO, life, taxes, poltics, religion, music, fast food, education, the criminal justice system, the weather, society, the universe, and previously-discontinued-but-now-on-their-way-back snack cakes, is all the fault of Wizards of the Coast. I know this because Fred told me so, and Mind Flayers are smart.

  13. #53
    Community Member Charononus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ericrd View Post
    yyyeeaahhh.....like his post is the one thats violating the most rules...did you even read this thread ?
    It's a those in glass houses thing. He's done it too so it's not like he's a clean lil angel.

  14. #54
    Founder Firepants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Yidland
    Posts
    297

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Philibusta View Post
    And just because that stuff is what YOU think is right for the game (and some of it I do agree with)...doesn't mean it IS right. You have a very overinflated opinion of yourself if you think YOUR perspective is always the RIGHT one.
    Well, the only real problem I see here is that you have an under-inflated opinion of my opinions. My opinions are correct man, that's just how it is. Sorry.

  15. #55
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Alt-pletionist
    IronClan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,142

    Default

    I'm not going to bother defending the concept of player housing in MMO's in here as the people who like the idea have tuned out 7 or 8 threads back because of the amount of sheer flack one guy and his imagination have gotten. The only people who are reading these are the ones who are getting their jollys picking on someone.

    I'll just say that for those who don't understand why anyone would like houses in a game like this; being able to own a house in an RPG is older than computer role playing games, as many a PnP campaign had even keeps and castles for the PC's. It's for immersion, frankly not something the "XP per minute, Raid loot only" forum posters care about. "playing house" and other attempts to denigrate the concept are just silly... you're playing a fantasy game, stop pretending you're less nerdy than anyone else who's playing it.

    The gang up/pile on here is disturbing.

    I will say that I hope Turbine doesn't over value the extremes of opinion offered up in threads like this. I like having more than just questing to do in MMO's, because it gives something to do when you don't have a solid or predictable block of free time to devote to joining a group. Crafting if they hadn't abandoned it was something... Houses would also be something, in the case of houses it would be something that can't be made obsolete by their inattention to it. Al la abandoning crafting completely has made it largely pointless.

    I think the vast majority of people who are emotionally extreme in their opinions about player houses in these threads should be ignored by Turbine... the simple fact is very few NORMAL players are going to read a thread like this, and have the willpower to "brave the ess storm" against what can in many cases best be described as infantile insulting emotional abuse being spewed at the OP because he's got an opinion you don't like.

    These threads are a little like watching a bunch of school kids attack the one kid that doesn't fit in... it's ugly and needless and you wonder sometimes how far removed people REALLY are from animals...
    You guys filibustering a new mode have already succeeded in scaring the Dev's into not doing it the right way and re-scaling the existing settings, why in the world are you still filibustering? Drunk on your success? Schadenfreude? Spitefulness?

  16. #56
    Community Member Philibusta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    'Murica!
    Posts
    1,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Firepants View Post
    Well, the only real problem I see here is that you have an under-inflated opinion of my opinions. My opinions are correct man, that's just how it is. Sorry.

    But unless your opinions coincide with my opinions, they are simply irrelevant to anything, because they are wrong.
    All that is wrong with DDO, life, taxes, poltics, religion, music, fast food, education, the criminal justice system, the weather, society, the universe, and previously-discontinued-but-now-on-their-way-back snack cakes, is all the fault of Wizards of the Coast. I know this because Fred told me so, and Mind Flayers are smart.

  17. #57
    Community Member Philibusta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    'Murica!
    Posts
    1,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IronClan View Post
    I'm not going to bother defending the concept of player housing in MMO's in here as the people who like the idea have tuned out 7 or 8 threads back because of the amount of sheer flack one guy and his imagination have gotten. The only people who are reading these are the ones who are getting their jollys picking on someone.

    I'll just say that for those who don't understand why anyone would like houses in a game like this; being able to own a house in an RPG is older than computer role playing games, as many a PnP campaign had even keeps and castles for the PC's. It's for immersion, frankly not something the "XP per minute, Raid loot only" forum posters care about. "playing house" and other attempts to denigrate the concept are just silly... you're playing a fantasy game, stop pretending you're less nerdy than anyone else who's playing it.

    The gang up/pile on here is disturbing.

    I will say that I hope Turbine doesn't over value the extremes of opinion offered up in threads like this. I like having more than just questing to do in MMO's, because it gives something to do when you don't have a solid or predictable block of free time to devote to joining a group. Crafting if they hadn't abandoned it was something... Houses would also be something, in the case of houses it would be something that can't be made obsolete by their inattention to it. Al la abandoning crafting completely has made it largely pointless.

    I think the vast majority of people who are emotionally extreme in their opinions about player houses in these threads should be ignored by Turbine... the simple fact is very few NORMAL players are going to read a thread like this, and have the willpower to "brave the ess storm" against what can in many cases best be described as infantile insulting emotional abuse being spewed at the OP because he's got an opinion you don't like.

    These threads are a little like watching a bunch of school kids attack the one kid that doesn't fit in... it's ugly and needless and you wonder sometimes how far removed people REALLY are from animals...
    Very well said.

    Extremely well said.

    ^Firepants, READ THIS!!!!^
    All that is wrong with DDO, life, taxes, poltics, religion, music, fast food, education, the criminal justice system, the weather, society, the universe, and previously-discontinued-but-now-on-their-way-back snack cakes, is all the fault of Wizards of the Coast. I know this because Fred told me so, and Mind Flayers are smart.

  18. #58
    Community Member Charononus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IronClan View Post
    you wonder sometimes how far removed people REALLY are from animals...
    Not at all.

    Pretty much every single bit of human nastiness that exists (war, greed, thievery, etc) comes from territorial behavior. This is a behavior from our primate ancestors that is beneficial in the animal world but not in ours but we still do it.

  19. #59
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Alt-pletionist
    IronClan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    It's a those in glass houses thing. He's done it too so it's not like he's a clean lil angel.
    Glass player houses would rule
    You guys filibustering a new mode have already succeeded in scaring the Dev's into not doing it the right way and re-scaling the existing settings, why in the world are you still filibustering? Drunk on your success? Schadenfreude? Spitefulness?

  20. #60
    Founder Firepants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Yidland
    Posts
    297

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IronClan View Post
    I'm not going to bother defending the concept of player housing in MMO's in here as the people who like the idea have tuned out 7 or 8 threads back because of the amount of sheer flack one guy and his imagination have gotten. The only people who are reading these are the ones who are getting their jollys picking on someone.

    I'll just say that for those who don't understand why anyone would like houses in a game like this; being able to own a house in an RPG is older than computer role playing games, as many a PnP campaign had even keeps and castles for the PC's. It's for immersion, frankly not something the "XP per minute, Raid loot only" forum posters care about. "playing house" and other attempts to denigrate the concept are just silly... you're playing a fantasy game, stop pretending you're less nerdy than anyone else who's playing it.

    The gang up/pile on here is disturbing.

    I will say that I hope Turbine doesn't over value the extremes of opinion offered up in threads like this. I like having more than just questing to do in MMO's, because it gives something to do when you don't have a solid or predictable block of free time to devote to joining a group. Crafting if they hadn't abandoned it was something... Houses would also be something, in the case of houses it would be something that can't be made obsolete by their inattention to it. Al la abandoning crafting completely has made it largely pointless.

    I think the vast majority of people who are emotionally extreme in their opinions about player houses in these threads should be ignored by Turbine... the simple fact is very few NORMAL players are going to read a thread like this, and have the willpower to "brave the ess storm" against what can in many cases best be described as infantile insulting emotional abuse being spewed at the OP because he's got an opinion you don't like.

    These threads are a little like watching a bunch of school kids attack the one kid that doesn't fit in... it's ugly and needless and you wonder sometimes how far removed people REALLY are from animals...
    No man, that's just not right at all. Ignoring the reaction against such an inane departure from a game otherwise completely geared and focused on providing an excellent storytelling and heroic experience is completely ill-advised. We have MMOs where you can spend all day messing around with mundanity, almost all of them in fact, here we have the chance to say "no man, we want FUN and ADVENTURE" not "hey man, let me own a home because the economic policies of the last quarter century have ensured that I, as a middle class American unwilling to enter into extreme amounts of debt, am never going to have one". It makes no sense in regards to the whole scheme of the game at this point and would only serve as a transparent cash grab by Turbine to 1: avoid hiring some creative staff to make things fun to do and 2: drive away the population that only wants to log in after a day of work and make something bigger and cooler than reality. Yeah, in reality I can't afford a castle, but hell, even if I could I seriously would not be interested in furnishing and decorating the thing. Maybe you would be, but even then, how is the mundanity of home ownership something to strive for in a game that has, for the most part, only been about epic heroism? It makes zero sense.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload