Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: With Benifits

  1. #1
    Community Member Darkstar1996's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    295

    Default With Benifits

    Hi,

    I am wondering of some different Classes or Class Combos. Ive always wanted a class that is in there face melee but can cast spells (Cast not potions, and spells as buffs or damage.) Ive tried some classes that are interesting but idk. Ive tried a Lord of Blades Cleric that is a Radient Servant, its cool cause ur a Melee Cleric and if u go dark u get Negative Burst which is cool. I also have Arti (Repeater > Sword) that i play every now and then which there cool but alot of people said they need gear to be powerful, there spells seem cool the Blade Barrier and Tact Detonation. Last is i havnt tried but Bard, they seem powerful but they dont feel powerful i had a 5 bard/ 2 fighter with great axe and know im thinking with Otto's Dance that would make it soooo awesome. So my quistion is, which one is the less gear starved thats powerful and is easy to make with 28pt. Idk if cleric or arti will be powerful cause idk what spell damage is off and if i will even hit at higher levels, just like bard Otto's will it just save or will it hit.

    Thank you for ur time and help.
    #TheReturn!
    Turbine Please do the Following and alot of people would come back:
    -Make 1 mega server so at night its still very populated
    -MAKE ALL QUESTS FREE (On Original Game not Expansions so F2p can get to TR3 and be powerful)

  2. #2
    Community Member Darkstar1996's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    295

    Default

    Some more quistions i thought of:

    -Is WF a good race for Battle Cleric cause greatsword or pick another class?
    -Are any of the Arti spells good at endgame?
    -If i go melee bard will i be able to cast Sphere of Dancing and have it hit?
    -Which will be easier for 28pt?

    Thanks

    (Also I am F2p, Only things i have bought are WF, Monk, Arti, (Drow Unlocked) and thats it, i dont have the Epic things and expansions.)
    Turbine Please do the Following and alot of people would come back:
    -Make 1 mega server so at night its still very populated
    -MAKE ALL QUESTS FREE (On Original Game not Expansions so F2p can get to TR3 and be powerful)

  3. #3
    Community Member Charononus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,345

    Default

    28 pt it's rough to do a battle caster because you start running into stat point limitations for feats. Also battle casters tend to have to use no save spells which limits most casting to buffs and if available dots.

    Bard is pretty strong imo, just go for something like 17bard, 2 fighter, 1 cleric. Max Str, 14-16 con, 12-14 cha. Pick buffing spells like blur, invis, displacement, rage, haste. Pick up stunning blow on your fighter levels. You'll have the buffs, fascinate, high str for melee damage. Just make sure to get the warchanter line for skaldic rage, fighter for tactics dc's, and cleric for divine might.

    Juggernaut builds are based on the arti, and are 16 arti / 2 monk / 2 ranger or pally. They are extremely high dps at cap and can do it all. However you really need at least 32 point builds and some +3 tomes at minimum to make them work.

  4. #4
    Community Member Darkstar1996's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    28 pt it's rough to do a battle caster because you start running into stat point limitations for feats. Also battle casters tend to have to use no save spells which limits most casting to buffs and if available dots.

    Bard is pretty strong imo, just go for something like 17bard, 2 fighter, 1 cleric. Max Str, 14-16 con, 12-14 cha. Pick buffing spells like blur, invis, displacement, rage, haste. Pick up stunning blow on your fighter levels. You'll have the buffs, fascinate, high str for melee damage. Just make sure to get the warchanter line for skaldic rage, fighter for tactics dc's, and cleric for divine might.

    Juggernaut builds are based on the arti, and are 16 arti / 2 monk / 2 ranger or pally. They are extremely high dps at cap and can do it all. However you really need at least 32 point builds and some +3 tomes at minimum to make them work.
    Was kinda thinking it will be Bard or Cleric. With bard will I be able to use ottos dance? Also will I be able to use heavy armor and greatxe? Jw. Thank you for all the advice. Maybe if I tr a lil ill do the arti combo u mentioned.

    Thanks.
    Turbine Please do the Following and alot of people would come back:
    -Make 1 mega server so at night its still very populated
    -MAKE ALL QUESTS FREE (On Original Game not Expansions so F2p can get to TR3 and be powerful)

  5. #5
    Community Member Charononus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkstar1996 View Post
    Was kinda thinking it will be Bard or Cleric. With bard will I be able to use ottos dance? Also will I be able to use heavy armor and greatxe? Jw. Thank you for all the advice. Maybe if I tr a lil ill do the arti combo u mentioned.

    Thanks.
    For bard you won't be using heavy armor, you'll start out in light and eventually be able to use medium as an enhancement in the warchanter tree. As a bard you don't get greataxe prof right away but you can take a spell called masters touch that will give it to you for the time between shrines. When you eventually take your fighter levels (I'd wait till you have haste) you'll have greataxe prof.

    The problem with heavy armor btw is that you'll get arcane spell failure.

    As far as otto's dance, no resistable dance and sphere of dancing will not work as you won't have the dc's but then again as a pure bard you won't anyways most likely because of how bard spells are set up. Leave the dc casting to the wizards and stick with fascinate for your cc on a bard.

    As far as battle clerics, some like them and hopefully when warpriest comes out next update it'll be better but it's not my thing.

  6. #6
    Community Member Darkstar1996's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    For bard you won't be using heavy armor, you'll start out in light and eventually be able to use medium as an enhancement in the warchanter tree. As a bard you don't get greataxe prof right away but you can take a spell called masters touch that will give it to you for the time between shrines. When you eventually take your fighter levels (I'd wait till you have haste) you'll have greataxe prof.

    The problem with heavy armor btw is that you'll get arcane spell failure.

    As far as otto's dance, no resistable dance and sphere of dancing will not work as you won't have the dc's but then again as a pure bard you won't anyways most likely because of how bard spells are set up. Leave the dc casting to the wizards and stick with fascinate for your cc on a bard.

    As far as battle clerics, some like them and hopefully when warpriest comes out next update it'll be better but it's not my thing.
    New class warpriest? Cool. So the bard would b a fighter who buffs? N heals?
    Also will the cleric spell damage be the same with DC?
    Turbine Please do the Following and alot of people would come back:
    -Make 1 mega server so at night its still very populated
    -MAKE ALL QUESTS FREE (On Original Game not Expansions so F2p can get to TR3 and be powerful)

  7. #7
    Community Member Theolin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    789

    Default

    If you wanted to go Melee with a cleric you can do 19/1 fighter, 18/2 fighter, or 17/2ftr/1wiz (I do not know if I would do the wiz version since the enhancement pass)
    The non cleric levels are mostly for the feats (both granted & chooseable) and a little bit from the goodies you get from the "class" stuff

    Either way your DC's will probably suffer as stat allocation is an issue

    Either of these take some planning and prep work to make work correctly

  8. #8
    Community Member Charononus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkstar1996 View Post
    New class warpriest? Cool. So the bard would b a fighter who buffs? N heals?
    Also will the cleric spell damage be the same with DC?
    The warpriest isn't a new class but a new tree that's going to be added to cleric and fvs.

    Yeah the bard plays as a fighter that buff's and heals, but the healing is mostly self healing rather than party healing, except in an emergency, as bards don't have the greatest sp pool to play party healer and don't have the effiecient spells of heal and mass, heal that clerics and fvs get.

    Cleric you won't typically have a good dc on a battle cleric style build. This limits your casting to buffs, heals, blade barrier in some lower level quests, and divine punishment. The big draw there is divine punishment because it's a no save light damage, damage over time spell.

    If you go cleric, as a new player with no tomes atm put 13 points into wisdom, 14-16 con, and then max str and put all level ups into str. As far as class split I like the 17 cleric 2 monk 1 fighter variant of battle clerics as they get evasion and plenty of feats. But as a new player this might not be the best as you won't have the gear right away to get your reflex saves high enough for evasion to do much for you.

  9. #9
    Community Member Darkstar1996's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Theolin View Post
    If you wanted to go Melee with a cleric you can do 19/1 fighter, 18/2 fighter, or 17/2ftr/1wiz (I do not know if I would do the wiz version since the enhancement pass)
    The non cleric levels are mostly for the feats (both granted & chooseable) and a little bit from the goodies you get from the "class" stuff

    Either way your DC's will probably suffer as stat allocation is an issue

    Either of these take some planning and prep work to make work correctly
    So either or my spells (Damage and CC) Will not hit, So far i think i might go 18/2 Cleric Fighter Drow. (TWF Scimmy?). So Battle Cleric at lower levels BB and some spells will hit, as so Bard? How bout Otto's Irresistable Dance. Cause that can be a game changer I love that spell. Probally whatever class Ill go drow for boost to some stats if its worth it or if any of u can reccomend a race (perfer not WF they look bad to me.)

    Thanks
    Turbine Please do the Following and alot of people would come back:
    -Make 1 mega server so at night its still very populated
    -MAKE ALL QUESTS FREE (On Original Game not Expansions so F2p can get to TR3 and be powerful)

  10. #10
    Community Member Darkstar1996's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    The warpriest isn't a new class but a new tree that's going to be added to cleric and fvs.

    Yeah the bard plays as a fighter that buff's and heals, but the healing is mostly self healing rather than party healing, except in an emergency, as bards don't have the greatest sp pool to play party healer and don't have the effiecient spells of heal and mass, heal that clerics and fvs get.

    Cleric you won't typically have a good dc on a battle cleric style build. This limits your casting to buffs, heals, blade barrier in some lower level quests, and divine punishment. The big draw there is divine punishment because it's a no save light damage, damage over time spell.

    If you go cleric, as a new player with no tomes atm put 13 points into wisdom, 14-16 con, and then max str and put all level ups into str. As far as class split I like the 17 cleric 2 monk 1 fighter variant of battle clerics as they get evasion and plenty of feats. But as a new player this might not be the best as you won't have the gear right away to get your reflex saves high enough for evasion to do much for you.
    Are the spell dc gunna be all the same? Or will arti be better cause augment damage? Or if there all the same I just pick on what buffs and what armor n weapons I want.
    Turbine Please do the Following and alot of people would come back:
    -Make 1 mega server so at night its still very populated
    -MAKE ALL QUESTS FREE (On Original Game not Expansions so F2p can get to TR3 and be powerful)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload