Community Member

Default Turbine why cant we edit any of these forums?

Turbine,

Why when I try to edit any of the DDO forums on 3 different computers does it not work, its keeps timing out?

Community Member

This is case in point, if we make a mistake in post and see it, then quickly try to change edit it, the forums simply keep acting like its trying to edit but nothing happens every time?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glithanes View Post
    Turbine,

Why when I try to edit any of the DDO forums on 3 different computers does it not work, its keeps timing out?
    I can edit just fine. Not sure what's going on for others.
    Last edited by jalont; 09-03-2013 at 02:56 PM. Reason: just to prove I can

Must be something that's only happening to some people, cause I can edit my posts.

Although, I have noticed, that when I visit the forums through Internet Explorer, for some reason, I can't. I click on the "Edit" button and it acts like it's trying to load, but it does nothing. But when I'm using Chrome, I have no problems at all editing. If you're using IE as your browser, try using Chrome of Firefox. Might help.

{{for those wondering...why don't I use Firefox? Cause far as I can tell, from their website, it hasn't been released for Windows 8 yet.}}
    All that is wrong with DDO, life, taxes, poltics, religion, music, fast food, education, the criminal justice system, the weather, society, the universe, and previously-discontinued-but-now-on-their-way-back snack cakes, is all the fault of Wizards of the Coast. I know this because Fred told me so, and Mind Flayers are smart.

Community Member

This is case in point, if we make a mistake in post and see it, then quickly try to change edit it, the forums simply keep acting like its trying to edit but nothing happens every time?
    Clearing internet cache memory and spyware/cookies in general could possibly be a solution to the problem you are facing. Not sure that is your case, but it can definitely help. Other than that, nothing's really under your control.
    Kal Vas Flam... Corp Por... Corp Por

...And then there was silence

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Philibusta View Post
    Must be something that's only happening to some people, cause I can edit my posts.

Although, I have noticed, that when I visit the forums through Internet Explorer, for some reason, I can't. I click on the "Edit" button and it acts like it's trying to load, but it does nothing. But when I'm using Chrome, I have no problems at all editing. If you're using IE as your browser, try using Chrome of Firefox. Might help.

{{for those wondering...why don't I use Firefox? Cause far as I can tell, from their website, it hasn't been released for Windows 8 yet.}}
    This is exactly what happens to me in internet explorer in windows 8 on all 3 of my pcs?
    Last edited by Glithanes; 09-03-2013 at 03:09 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Azarddoze View Post
    Clearing internet cache memory and spyware/cookies in general could possibly be a solution to the problem you are facing. Not sure that is your case, but it can definitely help. Other than that, nothing's really under your control.
    I have tired that too.

I guess I will have to start using chrome to post lol.

Community Member

This is Extactly what happens to me in internet explorer in windows 8 on all 3 of my pcs?
    Internet Explorer is ****, but beyond that, many systems no longer support it. They build for Firefox and Chrome, and it's a crapshoot whether it works for IE or not. These forums are vBulletin. I'm not sure whether they support all browsers or not, but that could be it.

Community Member

Well I can edit now all but only in chrome on all 3 pcs.

So guess I will post in chrome from now on.

ty

Lol poor Turbine, not only do they suffer from their own software woes, but from Micro$haft's as well... fwiw I do all my foruming from my iPhone, and have no issues beyond an occasional black text on dark grey background when replying.
    I would still like to see... Something that tests character versatility and player adaptability rather than character focus strength and quest knowledge.
    I play the quests for the content of the quests not just as an XP/min merry-go-round.
    Actual play experience is worth infinitely more than theorycrafting...

Right click on the edit button and select open a new tab. When the new tab opens up you will be able to edit the post.

Had to edit this post lol
    Last edited by Theboz; 09-03-2013 at 06:11 PM.
    Member of Mythical

Quote Originally Posted by Theboz View Post
    Right clock on the edit button and select open a new tab. When the nnew tab opens up you will be able to edit the post.
    AHA! This works, Thank you Boz!!