Community Member muffins_cupcake's Avatar

Default And now for something completely different.

I am not much of a forum reader or poster, but I have been on them more and more lately. I've noticed a lot of posts complaining about the direction the game is taking or how people are fed up and hate the management, and all the rest of that stuff.

I wanted to do something completely different and say a big thank you to the people of Turbine. I really love your game and it holds a special place in my heart, as this is where I met my wife. She was one of the very first people I met when I started playing.

Several years ago in the Sands of Menechtarun, I first met Arysta. And on 27th June 2013 we got married. I wanted to do something in DDO for her on that special day (like maybe asking for her character to receive an in-game message saying congratulations or something) but I never got around to asking about if it was a possibility . Maybe next year on our Anniversary.

We still recall that day in DDO that we first met, and we can't ever see DDO not being part of our lives as it has played a huge part already.

Thank you for everything, and we'll see you in-game.
    Muffins & Cupcakes, which is the best?

Whether it's the heavier breakfast muffin or the light and sweet frosted cupcake, everyone loves Muffins and Cupcakes.

Quote Originally Posted by muffins_cupcake View Post
    I am not much of a forum reader or poster, but I have been on them more and more lately. I've noticed a lot of posts complaining about the direction the game is taking or how people are fed up and hate the management, and all the rest of that stuff.

I wanted to do something completely different and say a big thank you to the people of Turbine. I really love your game and it holds a special place in my heart, as this is where I met my wife. She was one of the very first people I met when I started playing.

Several years ago in the Sands of Menechtarun, I first met Arysta. And on 27th June 2013 we got married. I wanted to do something in DDO for her on that special day (like maybe asking for her character to receive an in-game message saying congratulations or something) but I never got around to asking about if it was a possibility . Maybe next year on our Anniversary.

We still recall that day in DDO that we first met, and we can't ever see DDO not being part of our lives as it has played a huge part already.

Very Cool! My husband and I didn't meet in DDO, but we have gamed together since right after the original launch. We still plan gaming nights together and still love the game. I'm not always in favor of the changes to the game, but after all this time our first characters are still viable and fun, so the changes can't have been that bad.

Congrats on finding that special person and may you both roll 20's on your new life together !
    "Some things have to be believed to be seen." Ralph Hodgson

Ciarra Stormbringer Cleric/Sorceror
    Darianna Dawnbringer Wizard
    Riasha Dawnbringer Rogue/Fighter

Rhavynheart Stormbringer Cleric
    Kestryl Stormbringer Sorceror

Community Member RavenStormclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 2pleasegimmie View Post
    /puke

Thats just rude..go troll elsewhere. To the OP...good for you. Many happy years to you.

masel tov
    ~~~ ~ ~~~ turning each thread into a p2w discussion since 2012 ~~~ ~ ~~~

Community Member HernandoCortez's Avatar

Oh man, thats really nice.
    I hope the devs or GMs can help you with some world announcement, that would be awesome.
    EXTREME PREJUDICE™ - by Turbine.
    GHOSTBANE™ - by Turbine.
    LMAO! M...D...? Seriously? - You have received an infraction...

Community Member

I really love your game and it holds a special place in my heart, as this is where I met my wife. She was one of the very first people I met when I started playing.

Several years ago in the Sands of Menechtarun, I first met Arysta. And on 27th June 2013 we got married.
    I hate to break it to you but I think she gave you a fake name

Woo! Congratulations to you, and best wishes to your lady. Nice to hear this kind of story.
    There is no free lunch.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by morkahn82 View Post
    Mazal Tov (or Mazel)
    fixed
    ~~ Adrunil - Rogue. Halfling, big guy you can't miss him. ~~
    ~~ Adrunel - Monkcher. (Moncher?) ~~
    Robodoc - FvS Evoker-Healer. Post 19: Ended up LRing into 13/7 forc
    Orien server.

Community Member muffins_cupcake's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by darkrhavyn View Post
    Very Cool! My husband and I didn't meet in DDO, but we have gamed together since right after the original launch. We still plan gaming nights together and still love the game. I'm not always in favor of the changes to the game, but after all this time our first characters are still viable and fun, so the changes can't have been that bad.

Congrats on finding that special person and may you both roll 20's on your new life together !
    Thank you very much. Glad to see there are other gaming couples out there.
    I agree with that. I might not agree with the changes, but I adapt and it works out in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenStormclaw View Post
    Thats just rude..go troll elsewhere. To the OP...good for you. Many happy years to you.
    Thanks for your comment and getting that troll for me, I had misplaced my acid/fire damage weapons for a moment

Quote Originally Posted by morkahn82 View Post
    masel tov
    I feel bad that I had to look it up, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by HernandoCortez View Post
    Oh man, thats really nice.
    I hope the devs or GMs can help you with some world announcement, that would be awesome.
    A world wide announcement might be asking for a little too much. Not sure that it would work. Not sure the community would care lol. But it would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by st0rmcr0vv View Post
    I hate to break it to you but I think she gave you a fake name
    But this is real life... so it's one of her real names! Not like this fake name she has out here in this game called 'the world' and it's sequel 'life'.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnhelm View Post
    Woo! Congratulations to you, and best wishes to your lady. Nice to hear this kind of story.
    Thank you!
    Last edited by muffins_cupcake; 09-04-2013 at 07:33 AM.
    Muffins & Cupcakes, which is the best?

Whether it's the heavier breakfast muffin or the light and sweet frosted cupcake, everyone loves Muffins and Cupcakes.