Community Member

Default Why is there no time window to cancel bids?

I was browsing through the Shard Exchange today and found a +3->+4 skill upgrade tome at 15 AS. I selected it, expecting that it would update my bid amount to the minimum bid (as it usually does, on a good day). Instead, after bidding, I find out that it carried over the minimum bid from a previous item I'd selected - I'd just wasted 525 astral shards (3000 TP worth, *sigh*).

So why is there no time window to cancel bids? Most games have this. I don't think it's too much to ask, especially since AS are bought with real money and the UI is so buggy. Even if not through the ASAH UI, I should be able to have my bid canceled by a DM in these types of situations (I got the usual, "Players are responsible for all their transactions" nonsense).

I don't mean to be just another complainer; I was actually quite impressed by the quests and enhancement system this expansion. Just my two cents.

Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar

Default This bug has been there forever

You have to be very careful with the AH. Turbine has deemed this annoyance as a non-event.

Your only hope is that someone comes in and outbids you so you can cancel. But it sounds like your bid is so far out of bounds that you have no hope of being outbid.

Caveat Emptor.
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

Community Member

Ouch yeah I hate that bug, I've had it happen to me on the plat AH before, but I dont shop on the ASAH, thankfully.

I'm surprised the GM couldnt help you, it really is the game's fault. You click on a listing, and it should update your bid to the proper min bid, but it doesnt. That's a broken functionality they should fix.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Ouch yeah I hate that bug, I've had it happen to me on the plat AH before, but I dont shop on the ASAH, thankfully.

I'm surprised the GM couldnt help you, it really is the game's fault. You click on a listing, and it should update your bid to the proper min bid, but it doesnt. That's a broken functionality they should fix.

theres not a cheaper buy out option is there? still wont be great but it might save you some AS

Yet another reason for a wise player to not buy or use any Astral Shards. For anything. At all. Ever.
    All that is wrong with DDO, life, taxes, poltics, religion, music, fast food, education, the criminal justice system, the weather, society, the universe, and previously-discontinued-but-now-on-their-way-back snack cakes, is all the fault of Wizards of the Coast. I know this because Fred told me so, and Mind Flayers are smart.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Demarill View Post
    theres not a cheaper buy out option is there? still wont be great but it might save you some AS
    I dont think the AH lets you bid more than the buyout...cuz, you know, the AH is looking out for you