Community Member

Default Ruined Holiday Weekend? (Appreciation thread!)

Thank you to all the people who spent the last decent holiday of summer (U.S.) indoors in order to fix a silly game for us. I'm sorry you lost that precious time with your family and friends. Wish this hadn't have happened.

I appreciate your efforts.
    Last edited by Nilzone; 09-02-2013 at 01:25 PM. Reason: Altered title

Default What a Drag for every one .

Yea suck's all around.
    Kahzadoom~Xzr~Irondoom~Doomlord~XvKing DoomHammer~
    Xoriat Born~Doompriest~Doom~DoomTusk~Legion of Doom~Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

Default butthe underpantsfighting in neverwinter is fun

Quote Originally Posted by die View Post
    Yea suck's all around.
    butthe underpantsfighting in neverwinter is fun

Community Member

Wait? 3 day weekend, whats that? I've not had one of those in 6 years! Yay! Go union!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nilzone View Post
    Thank you to all the people who spent the last decent holiday of summer (U.S.) indoors in order to fix a silly game for us. I'm sorry you lost that precious time with your family and friends. Wish this hadn't have happened.

I appreciate your efforts.
    I know you mean well, but that is kind of offensive to me.

It may be a silly game to you or I, but for them it pays the bills. I was on call for years as a computer guy, if it stopped working at 3am on Christmas eve I went in and fixed it(it generally didn't because I made sure all the code was pristine that I wrote and I doublechecked everyone elses code). Have a friend that cant go anywhere without getting a call about a huge network he administrates every couple hours.

Its kind of like being a surgeon except unlike a surgeon if you are good enough you can make it a lot less likely this kinda stuff happens in the first place. But no matter what, it will happen occasionally.

Ive actually only had a couple jobs where I even got labor day off, lol.

Community Member

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend anyone. Just wanted to tell the people behind the scenes that I appreciated them. And I posted it instead of emailing because I assumed other people on here would want to also.

Sorry.

Blogger and Hatchery Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Texas - the most "MURICA!" part of 'murica! rawr

to us, it's a "silly game" that we shouldn't get so worked up over. to them, it may pay the bills, but it still sucks to work through the night and into what should be a holiday to fix an issue.

that being said... a big

to everyone who just pulled an all-nighter to fix our "silly game" that pays their bills.

much <3

the official home of LOLWUT

LONG LIVE R.O.G.U.E ! Pay2Win AND PROUD
    Q: how do you get me to instantly appear in a thread? A: ask a bard question!