Default Final Straw, I'm out...

...until the servers are back up. I just bought (for, I think the third time, first time digitally) Planescape: Torment...I tried playing Arkham City, but I needed something more D&D than Batman can offer. So, the best single player D&D game ever made is my choice, with mods to make it look better, then, DDO once it's back.

Farewell, brothers and sisters, until we meet again...
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

Leader of The Dark Creed

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shorlong View Post
    ...until the servers are back up. I just bought (for, I think the third time, first time digitally) Planescape: Torment...I tried playing Arkham City, but I needed something more D&D than Batman can offer. So, the best single player D&D game ever made is my choice, with mods to make it look better, then, DDO once it's back.

Farewell, brothers and sisters, until we meet again...
    I can haz yer stuffs?

Community Member

Planescape: Torment
    WHAT a game. One of my all-time favorites.

Aes.

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey1 View Post
    I can haz yer stuffs?
    Sure, but in the 20 minutes I played Planescape, I was only able to gather 6 bandages, a scaple, a zombie arm, some need and thread and embalming fluid. Not sure how to send that to you.

But hey, DDO is back up, so, back to Eberron....yay!
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

Leader of The Dark Creed

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey1 View Post
    I can haz yer stuffs?
    No, because some antisocial dipstick thought it would help the bottom line for everything to be BTA and BTCoE

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by 2pleasegimmie View Post
    some antisocial dipstick thought it would help
    Masterfully worded. MASTERFUL.

Community Member

Sure, but in the 20 minutes I played Planescape, I was only able to gather 6 bandages, a scaple, a zombie arm, some need and thread and embalming fluid. Not sure how to send that to you.

But hey, DDO is back up, so, back to Eberron....yay!

That is a great game.
    I was never able to finish it though.
    I will have to buy another copy.

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

I'm sorry you have to keep buying that game! I hate that, when my games go poof somewhere in the netherworld never to be seen again, or as I liked to call it my son's room back in the day. LOL I feel your pain.

But I didn't like Torment so much, preferred Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale. Never been a big Planescape fan.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by TrinityTurtle View Post

But I didn't like Torment so much, preferred Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale. Never been a big Planescape fan.
    Blasphemy! (I loved Baldur's Gate, Icewind was ok, but Planescape: Torment is the best RPG ever made.)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel_666 View Post
    Blasphemy! (I loved Baldur's Gate, Icewind was ok, but Planescape: Torment is the best RPG ever made.)
    I loved all those games.

Quote Originally Posted by TrinityTurtle View Post
    I'm sorry you have to keep buying that game! I hate that, when my games go poof somewhere in the netherworld never to be seen again, or as I liked to call it my son's room back in the day. LOL I feel your pain.

I actually know where each one of mine has gone. My very first copy, bought it when it was brand new, just came out. Back when computer games still came in these overly huge boxes....I loaned it to a friend over the summer....friend never came back to school.

Second copy was a small jewel case copy that I got at walmart for like..9 bucks I think? Anyway, it was sitting on a shelf with the rest of my games....and my VHS collection (yeah, I still have those....) anyway, this was around...2006ish? Went to move the shelf just a little, it started to tip, few things came crashing down, one of which was planescape. Then, a VHS fell, right on it, just the right way, and cracked it.

This copy I bought off of GoG. Hopefully, it will last awhile lol.

Leader of The Dark Creed

...until the servers are back up. I just bought (for, I think the third time, first time digitally) Planescape: Torment...
    Best PC RPG I´ve ever played (and I´ve played a lot). Icewind Dale (the first one) is my second pick. Glad to see some DDOers love/remember those games.

Last time I played Planescape: Torment was 2005. I´d love to play it again, but it is still too fresh in my memory (I´ve played it like 4 times). I heard there´s a second part coming someway into the future but, as they say, sequels are always sequels.

Quote Originally Posted by Nahiz View Post
    Best PC RPG I´ve ever played (and I´ve played a lot). Icewind Dale (the first one) is my second pick. Glad to see some DDOers love/remember those games.

Last time I played Planescape: Torment was 2005. I´d love to play it again, but it is still too fresh in my memory (I´ve played it like 4 times). I heard there´s a second part coming someway into the future but, as they say, sequels are always sequels.
    It's a sequel in spirit only. It doesn't follow the story, the setting, none of it. It's just made by the same team with a similar (if not identical) design.

Leader of The Dark Creed

I wonder how many people fired up old games during the downtime...

After a little bit of searching I found a modified installer which let me install X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter on my 64bit Win7.

Nothing like a few hours of vaping eyeballs and squints to kill the time.....
    Argonessenn -Officer of Storm Shadow-
    Olen Anteres

It's a sequel in spirit only. It doesn't follow the story, the setting, none of it. It's just made by the same team with a similar (if not identical) design.
    Well, I think the develpment team (Black Isle, that is) is even more important thant the story or the setting. That is good news!

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

I actually know where each one of mine has gone. My very first copy, bought it when it was brand new, just came out. Back when computer games still came in these overly huge boxes....I loaned it to a friend over the summer....friend never came back to school.

Second copy was a small jewel case copy that I got at walmart for like..9 bucks I think? Anyway, it was sitting on a shelf with the rest of my games....and my VHS collection (yeah, I still have those....) anyway, this was around...2006ish? Went to move the shelf just a little, it started to tip, few things came crashing down, one of which was planescape. Then, a VHS fell, right on it, just the right way, and cracked it.

This copy I bought off of GoG. Hopefully, it will last awhile lol.
    Ouch...Torment indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by BurnerD View Post
    I wonder how many people fired up old games during the downtime...

Fired up Fallen Earth and clubbed mutant stink bugs with my hub cap axe. Bonus, they spawn near the auctioneer, so could still shop while bug whacking. win/win.

CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies ____ Monster Manual

Community Member

Tried Neverwinter. It renewed my respect for DDO.

Community Member

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by wonko_the_sane View Post
    Tried Neverwinter. It renewed my respect for DDO.
    I try out the competition during each extended outage. Last time it was WoW, where I could not play for more than 45m each attempt. This time it was nwo, and was really disappointed. The DM was so over the top I wanted to scream there just seemed to be no PvE or elements of roleplay at all.