Default The Pando shutdown has Nothing to do with the outage

From their twitter account: "Unrelated. Pando is not an ISP and does not handle internet routing. Only downloading for new players."

And, of course, no one will believe Turbine because they could just say something like that to cover up a mistake.

However, since the game will update and run even after removing all remnants of Pando from your system after the initial install (including all Pando dll files), it is virtually impossibly for it to be related to Pando.

The issue is related to internet traffic and routing, as was shown by multiple people with the tracert logs with connections timing out. Pando is JUST a way to share files easily (like dropbox), NOT an ISP, and not related to standard internet traffic handling in any way.

-JJ

Community Member

yup, not had pando on my system since i last installed DDO years ago. also we can now get DDO from steam.
    www.legendsguild.eu A light RP guild that's moved from Keeper in Europe to Thelanis
    Play DDO in 3D, for fweeeee! how to use coloured 3D glasses with DDO.
    East? West? Which way's that? Putting East and West back on the (mini)map
    Tired of chasing blue dots? Find a speed or striding item, vets are hooked on them and you will be too!

Community Member

I was more likely to believe the Syria theory I read somewhere than the Pando one. I kept seeing the word 'coincidence', don't things have to coincide to be a coincidence?

IF it were a problem related to the Pando systems closing, I'd STILL be more inclined to believe it had something to do with the new company's management of new files rather than that somehow Turbine forgot to change a line of code or find a new service in time.

I think too many people stayed up all night waiting and are starting to lose their ability to reason. Too many possibilities exist to begin to make conclusions.

But Syria though ....

Community Member

We have actually seen the precursors to this for a while.
    Remember all those posts about ALTER.NET that some fine fellow brought to our attention?
    I have been experiencing massive lag spikes for quite a while now... likely also related.
    Login twice issues... probably also related.
    Server Full messages... definitely related.

I am not sure who their ISP is, but they need to find a better one, and make this one pay the bill.

But it might be a case of nobody else available.
    Plenty of ISPs have a monopoly on their area.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by uncleblue View Post
    We have actually seen the precursors to this for a while.
    Remember all those posts about ALTER.NET that some fine fellow brought to our attention?
    I have been experiencing massive lag spikes for quite a while now... likely also related.
    Login twice issues... probably also related.
    Server Full messages... definitely related.

I am not sure who their ISP is, but they need to find a better one, and make this one pay the bill.

But it might be a case of nobody else available.
    Plenty of ISPs have a monopoly on their area.
    This makes the most sense, but the initial ALTER.NET problems only effected a few people and were spread across a shockingly large number of non-Turbine games. Everyone seemed to be effected by that. This seems to be a Turbine-only problem probably effecting everyone.

Could no more Pando cause problems for Turbines ISP? Because no more peer-to-peer downloads caused a lot more traffic on the Turbine servers?
    Please DOOOOOM!!!!!11111!!!!! early and often.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by jalont View Post
    This makes the most sense, but the initial ALTER.NET problems only effected a few people and were spread across a shockingly large number of non-Turbine games. Everyone seemed to be effected by that. This seems to be a Turbine-only problem probably effecting everyone.
    Crappy service reveals itself in all sorts of ways....

Like maybe Turbine complained about ALTER.NET, and so the ISP was trying to fix it just for Turbine, then cocked it up, just for Turbine.

But of course it's a holiday, so do not expect any resolution until at least 2PM EST Tuesday.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hephaistor View Post
    Could no more Pando cause problems for Turbines ISP? Because no more peer-to-peer downloads caused a lot more traffic on the Turbine servers?
    Does not having ketchup affect your ability to get fries?

Quote Originally Posted by uncleblue View Post
    Does not having ketchup affect your ability to get fries?
    May Turbine/the ISP have problems delivering ketchup and fries at the same time.
    Game Data + Download Data = to much Data?
    Please DOOOOOM!!!!!11111!!!!! early and often.

Community Member

If the problem isnt with Pando, but with their ISP, they should post the name and phone number of said ISP, so we can vent all our rage at THEM instead - and maybe they'll work a little harder next time to ensure continuity of service to the DDO servers