Community Member

Default Best Shiradi WF docent?

I know - best is subjective - but which docent do you consider the best for a Shiradi WF?

None of the new stuff seems particularly impressive that I have seen. If you disagree then please post the stats of something that you think is good.

Blue Dragon Docent is decent but nothing really cool. The crit rate is down and nothing else is really hot except for the set bonus.

Green Dragon Docent has the 10% reduction is spell cost which could be attractive.

But - what do you think?

Community Member

Blue set. Green doesn't affect SLAs.

Green scale is best.

Green is slightly better now, but blue is a lot cheaper and just as good until you can get your end game gear set (e.g., EE nether orb + red slot 144 spellpower lootgen). Before, blue set was getting you a higher percent increase in DPS AND DPS efficiency, thanks to the increased crit over twilight. Now, blue doesn't get you increased crits and the increased spellpower is a smaller increase overall percent-wise.

Community Member

Thanks for the replies.

I had not considered that a 10% reduction in SP cost for SLA that cost less than 10 SP will do nothing. Thats worth having in mind. I wonder - is the reduction 1sp or 2sp for a spell that cost 15sp?

I am curious. Why a Nether Orb + a 1 hander rather than a Quarterstaff with Recon+Impulse+Potency+Kinetic Lore?

Community Member

Now endgame wise, a white set will do.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicMew View Post
    Green is slightly better now, but blue is a lot cheaper and just as good until you can get your end game gear set (e.g., EE nether orb + red slot 144 spellpower lootgen). Before, blue set was getting you a higher percent increase in DPS AND DPS efficiency, thanks to the increased crit over twilight. Now, blue doesn't get you increased crits and the increased spellpower is a smaller increase overall percent-wise.
    Does the Orb allow a monk to remain centered? If so that + a Kama might be nice or what would you suggest?

Quote Originally Posted by mikarddo View Post
    Does the Orb allow a monk to remain centered? If so that + a Kama might be nice or what would you suggest?
    Get a cheap orb on the AH and test it out. I'm pretty sure it does not let you remain centered, though as it's basically a shield.

Unfortunately, gearing on a monk splash is and always will be more difficult, which is why I try to avoid it.

Community Member

I have a Qstaff with 138 impulse, 138 recon, potency and 19% Kinetic Lore - which I consider pretty good - so I am not terribly worried about that. Obviously still looking for the 144 / 20% version but the difference is small. Still, having both 20% Kinetic and 10% generel crits would be even better.

Community Member

Green does not affect SLAs at ALL. I still think blue is better for the spell power alone. Do you use meta'd missiles or non meta'd? Also do you really run out of SP with just reward now..... Moar DPS is better DPS.
    Last edited by kalaka; 09-04-2013 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kalaka View Post
    Green does not affect SLAs at ALL. I still think blue is better for the spell power alone. Do you use meta'd missiles or non meta'd? Also do you really run out of SP with just reward now..... Moar DPS is better DPS.
    If you aren't out of mana by the end of the quest, you aren't going as fast as you can. More SP savings = chances to throw a meteor swarm instead of magic missile and more chances to turn on metamagics for non-SLAs = more DPS.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by kalaka View Post
    Thank you. My split is 17/2/1 so I dont have just rewards. I should have posted that in the OP obviously.

Community Member

White is what I wear...+50HP is nice.