Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jjflanigan View Post
    I mainly wanted to post that because some people are going all torches and pitchforks saying that the Pando shutdown is the reason for this outage, but it makes 0 logical sense that the two could be related in any way once you understand what Pando actually did for the game and what the issue right now is.
    -JJ
    Frankly, JJ, I know the theory in which Pando was supposed to be used for, but I have zero clue of how implementation was done.

I've seen too many cases at my own work were the theory is sound and by design that is how it looks, but once you dive into implementation also sorts of a mess is found.

Add in their billing screw ups and then the apparent lack of code management process and well... I rate it at about a 10% likelyhood myself of pando having a relation to the issues at hand.

Community Member

Angry so much for awesome weekend

all i know is,this communication blackout is very frustrating,i just renewed mine and my gf's monthly subscription.
    now we can't get to the game,have no indication what so ever,and begin to wonder if they're just going to end the game and players be damned.

this problem is annoying,but the total lack of any official news is inexcusable!

Quote Originally Posted by Arnez View Post
    THIS.

Fine it's not Pando, but sad thing is due to past mistakes/ideas/shadowfails- it's easily believable.
    Except that I completely removed Pando from my PC months ago, and was still able to play. In fact, I followed instructions on how to found on these forums. Source

So I don't see how a program that can be completely disabled or removed can be the culprit.

Ok so the Pando theory was shot down on the LoTRO Twitter page...still no explanation why the game goes down for 24 hours with no ETA in sight. Especially brutal for those who expected to use their holiday to enjoy LoTRO/DDO and definitely not earning Turbine a lot of fanpoints.
    Member and owner of "The Mad Midgets" of Khyber.
    Characters; Skrangle, Eileenia, Thyrantraxus, Clonkstar, Eilert, Nidvisa, Sellyse, Lobotobias, Crimsoneye, Whimpsy, Meeep, Maszter, Andromansis etc

Community Member

Default The real questions are!

Are the techs back from the keggar yet?
    And expected downtime to get over their hangovers?
    How much will prices go up on sovereign xp's to cover their headache meds?
    Why weren't we invited to said keggar?
    Will we see any of those "priceless" pics with a tech facedown in a pool of their own vomit while wearing a tinfoil Minos legion?
    And when from a "live moderator" not the bs "Serverdown.exe" macro function reply that is currently in use will we get some eta's, possible workarounds.

Ok, so it's the ISP. Wild guess:

31.08. The peer to peer service is shout down, all downloads are from the Turbine servers now
    01.09. ISP can't handle direct downloads + Players loging in on a Sunday evening
    02.09. Hollyday in the US.. servers down
    Please DOOOOOM!!!!!11111!!!!! early and often.

how about free world transfers for everyone when this comes back on. That way whats left of ddo can huddle together around their fire and protect it when other people come to steal their fire.

Through avarice, evil smiles; through insanity, it sings.

Community Member

Lol's, a tech's behind the server switchin 10/100's and yelling at another tech "Can you ping me now?".

oh wait, was pando's fault?!?!

damm!! i should haven't uninstalled it right after i downloaded ddo!(that was april 1st 2012) wonder how i could have been playind, downloading, updating, etc since then

bad pando!!bad guy!!
    psykopeta - hoarding pl, for the sake of hoarding, the day i become ubercompletionist will be because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS i'm not a pro, maybe if i reincarnate in RL...

Community Member

so with no word or eta in sight,what form of recompense can we "expect"?

i have already gotten my maximum stack of sorry for the inconvienence quotes, so no more of them please.

the problem was caused by......

1) brinky and the pain finally suceeded in taking over the world last night.
    2) the tech's didn't turn away from the screaming medusa
    3) the launcher failed to use it's +20 heart of wood after the update.
    4) the shadar kai have rebelled and the tech division is now the site of a massacre.
    5) we all failed on our teleport spell into the game and it went pear shaped

Default Seeing I always remove Pando can't be.

Since 2008 I have always removed Pando. I have been able to play the game fine.
    Of the 4 systems in my house with DDO on them 0 have Pando on them and until last night all could log into DDO.
    A better theory would be the office kobolds heard cookout and went into hiding and took the hamsters with them.
    Not all who wander are lost. I am not lost, I am just exploring.
    Smigit F25 (Leg Dread 5), Xappit w20 (tr), Tamix C20,Smigitjr Tmp R 22, Tamik 14 P (3rd life,) , Xsong bard 20, Smigit5 arti 21, Xappet 20 AA, Smigit6 D22 (fw2), Tamok Fvs 20 Smoxfeat monk 16 Taggem Wf Pally 14 others. Leader Circle of Destruction Argonnessen

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    Frankly, JJ, I know the theory in which Pando was supposed to be used for, but I have zero clue of how implementation was done.
    Yes, but it'd be nice if people would have at least a vague clue what they are talking about before making wild allegations.

You do not need to know how Pando was integrated into DDO/LotR to know it is not an integral part of /every/ web browser and signal tracking software; yet both cannot reach either game or Turbine.com.
    Characters on Sarlona: Ungnad (Morninglord, Wizard 17 / Favored Soul 2 / Fighter 1) -- Baerktghar (Dwarf, Paladin 18 / Fighter 2) -- Simulacruhm (Bladeforged, Artificer 16 / Paladin 3 / Wizard 1)

No matter what side of the argument you are on, you always find people on your side that you wish were on the other.
    -- Jascha Heifetz

Default Vacation Time

The true problem, it's Labor Day in the United States and all of the computer hamsters ran off to take a vacation.

I'm sure they'll be back Tuesday.

...That poor bear trying to dig through all the Labor day weekend mess they left behind.

Argonesson Server
    Math Guild
    Emmile Varsalle - Rogue, Allivue Varsalle - Arcane, Devonette Varsalle - Divine, Merulei Varsalle - Melee

Community Member

Hehe.

Default Everybody calm down!

I'm sure Turbine has a perfectly good and reasonable explanation for all this...

Carry on.
    Last edited by ddo.rsmo.pt; 09-02-2013 at 12:40 PM.
    ~ Gaeryus (Sor14/FvS4/Pal2) Firebrand ~ ~ Phlegma (12Fgt/6Rog/2Pal)(L13)(eTR2) van Moyst ~
    ~ Hakashe (Pal14/Monk6)(L3)Nurigatu ~ ~ Koergan (Cle17/Brb2/Fgt1)Flamebeard ~
    Ex-Captain of the Flying Funk ~ ~ Ascent ~ ~ Epic Farming Videos ~ ~ New and Exciting Bugs

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arnhelm View Post
    Note - Wikipedia is NOT an authoritative source.
    This isn't true we all know your not allowed to lie on the internet.

Community Manager

Pando's announcement has no impact on our game, and was not in any way related to the outage.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12