Thumbs up Thoughts on the new quests, prison and wilderness

What are your thoughts on the new quests and wilderness?

Here were my takeaways after playing the Prison chain once and playing a quest in the Stormhorns. I enjoyed the prison wilderness area and the quests. They seemed new. The graphics and quest designs were fun and differentiated enough from prior quests. The olde polluted London vibe was more steam punk to me than squeaky clean House Cannith. At times I could pretend I was Ezio. The addition of more favor and xp was a welcome relaxation of Progress Quest. I played a quest in the Stormhorns that involved a few big, tough fights that several people thought we couldn't win. We pooled together our crowd control tactics and won against some insanely dangerous mobs. The new content so far was fun and I encourage folks to play it.

I have been enjoying wandering around the Stormhorns and the the Wheloon prison wilderness areas with my 25th level rogue, but have yet to do any of the actual quests with in them.

I think the new wilderness areas are well designed and fun to explore, though, they rank up there with Vale of Twilight, and The High Road as some of my favorite wilderness areas so far.

Default new areas seem great

i do have concern about deeper in wheelon,where they cast the shadow purple crud....game laggs pretty bad when toon is under the effect.I have my detail and bloom settings low. Problem eases as the enemies thin out... but the negative spell effect ,is bad for smooth gameplay.any thoughts from the mases? i would like DDO to dump the shar spell effect;enemies are tough enough w/o it anyways.

don't forget the lovely lag in a lesson of deception (don't need a red alert, with yellow only u have a nice and crappy lag)

also the same in thrill of the hunter end fight, 2234 howlers at once

oh almost forgot the end fight in friends in low places, with 42342424 mobs at once, i mean, seriously, no DA, but easily more than 40 mobs (think was heroic elite, duo, no assassins luckily, but how? where? was that a "all wave spawn at once"?)

wait, isn't the fake difficulty messing these quests, so nice quests (because they are, at least they're new and easy lol) but fake difficulty is screwing em ALL, spawning mobs when u're in front of em is good idea, if u balance the spawning numbers (and they don't auto aggro XD), also could make em spawn once u're PAST em, so mobs don't get bukakked once they spawn and take that "second delay targetting aggro"
    psykopeta - hoarding pl, for the sake of hoarding, the day i become ubercompletionist will be because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS i'm not a pro, maybe if i reincarnate in RL...

I've played both chains now quite a bit. The wildernesses are really good, especially the storm horns, which has awesome vistas. I think higher direct x makes a big difference in the storm horns. I love the graphical take on the ice and up in the air in the later storm horns quests. I like the story line of the two chains. There was a sense of a lot at stake, via rumors of war, and nice building of tension through the quest stories and wilderness messages. At the same time it was a nice break from ginormous metaphysical battles with gods. The storm horns wilderness felt like D&D. They got EH right (close enough)!

-I wasn't a fan of having to manually search out where the quest entrances are in Wheloon. It told me a general area for Friends in Low Places and that is great, but A Lesson afterward just told me to go to the Warehouse District. I ended up clearing 80% of the wilderness before I realized I had to go west again near the first chain.... I don't enjoy mucking around in wildernesses by myself, I'd prefer if the quest NPC's could direct me in the general area at least...

-The thorn attacks of the Hound-type enemies in the Wheloon arc are freaking annoying. They tick for -1HP every second for a thousand freaking centuries, making it really hard to use doors, levers or chests in the meantime and forcing me to sit and wait for a minute until it's gone.

-The Shadar-Kai's chain swinging attacks are annoying and all, but in a good way. Can't wait to play on Epic levels vs. these NPC's.

-I found the Lesson quest extremely well thought-out. I love how some of the moral decisions are actually tied into gameplay decisions as well. Do I want to save this random prisoner or save an ally? = Do I want 3k XP or a bonus chest?

-The final quest in the chain is also nice, giving us a new mechanic. I think it's neat how DDO can still surprise us time and again with quests like Rainbow in the Dark, Red Fens finale and now this.

-Army of Shadow was really bland, basically a filler quest.

-The Wheloon Public area is a blast. It set the mood perfectly for someone like me who experienced the story and read the dialogue. Seeing the Shades crawl around in tuck away corners was a fun surprise. The Tavern has a bunch of great new soundtrack as well. A surprising number, even. They will probably be recycled for upcoming FR adventures/Taverns.

About to play the second part now, overall a pretty good pack.