Im usually VERY critical of turbine, especially since all the astral shard stuff has started taking over the game and development resources, but there was one change this late update that i consider very well thought out and appears to be well intentioned(as in not an obvious money grab that hurts the game).
The new quest ransack system, at first i was wary, just the idea of a ransack system for the limited number of quests in this game set off some red flags, but as far as i can tell the new system is superior to the old one in every way.
1. No more permanently xpless quest due to having to run 30 times looking for named loot, by the time the chests reset youll be getting full xp for the quests again, and decent xp as you reransack the chests.
2. Don't need to worry about running epicable quest too many times at mid lvl or even at 20 so that they'll give full xp at 25, for mid levels itll be reset before you likely get to 20, and at 20 you just run a few times then switch to something else til it goes back to high xp.
3. If i see a von 3 in my lvl range(pre-epic), even if ive ran it a few times recently, i can join and help the group out without screwing my xp later. Ive turned down MANY groups asking for my help in the past on quests that i like to farm at 25, so this helps pugs out a bit who need a vet.
4. People who cant stand rerunning the same quests over and over and have problems with going to higher difficulties(like my son) have an easier time with this system since you don't have to change difficulties to get full xp, you can just wait a day and run again.
5. Overall i would think people running more quests would mean more lfms, but maybe not. I admit i rarely put up lfms any more.
Yeah, not being able to ED farm one quest as efficiently kinda sucks, but overall seems like a great change to me.
P.S. If we see Astral shard option to reset quest ransack to full xp then i take back every kind word in this thread.