Community Member

Default While the games down, an attaboy to turbine devs/management, seriously.

Im usually VERY critical of turbine, especially since all the astral shard stuff has started taking over the game and development resources, but there was one change this late update that i consider very well thought out and appears to be well intentioned(as in not an obvious money grab that hurts the game).

The new quest ransack system, at first i was wary, just the idea of a ransack system for the limited number of quests in this game set off some red flags, but as far as i can tell the new system is superior to the old one in every way.

1. No more permanently xpless quest due to having to run 30 times looking for named loot, by the time the chests reset youll be getting full xp for the quests again, and decent xp as you reransack the chests.

2. Don't need to worry about running epicable quest too many times at mid lvl or even at 20 so that they'll give full xp at 25, for mid levels itll be reset before you likely get to 20, and at 20 you just run a few times then switch to something else til it goes back to high xp.

3. If i see a von 3 in my lvl range(pre-epic), even if ive ran it a few times recently, i can join and help the group out without screwing my xp later. Ive turned down MANY groups asking for my help in the past on quests that i like to farm at 25, so this helps pugs out a bit who need a vet.

4. People who cant stand rerunning the same quests over and over and have problems with going to higher difficulties(like my son) have an easier time with this system since you don't have to change difficulties to get full xp, you can just wait a day and run again.

5. Overall i would think people running more quests would mean more lfms, but maybe not. I admit i rarely put up lfms any more.

Yeah, not being able to ED farm one quest as efficiently kinda sucks, but overall seems like a great change to me.

P.S. If we see Astral shard option to reset quest ransack to full xp then i take back every kind word in this thread.

The bad side is even on a tr it means you can't farm the quests you like, you now have to run everything to level including quests you may despise, this is a bad thing and makes the whole system horrible. It has killed most the fun from tr'ing for me and since motu killed endgame..... really hope they pull something out with u20 or this games time is numbered.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    The bad side is even on a tr it means you can't farm the quests you like, you now have to run everything to level including quests you may despise, this is a bad thing and makes the whole system horrible. It has killed most the fun from tr'ing for me and since motu killed endgame..... really hope they pull something out with u20 or this games time is numbered.
    Yeah, I can see where youre coming from, but I really think people not running the same quests over and over from x level to x level will make the game healthier in the long term.

You may despise more quests than i do, but I definitely haven't had to run any of the ones I dislike personally. Im VIP tho, so maybe I have access to a lot more stuff than you do, cant say.

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    lolwut?

even on a tr it means you can't farm the quests you like
    This the the part I have a big problem with. Why can't you farm? If you are one of the level-on-a-10th-life-TR-from-1-to-20 in a weekend crowd, I could almost understand. But that comes with the territory. If you're going to be on the fringe 1% of players, don't be upset when a change that benefits 99% of players changes the way you do things.

I'm leveling a TR right now semi-casually. I'm actually leveling faster and gaining more XP with the new ransack mechanics. I used to run all my elites one day, and save my farming quests for a day or two when I felt like mindlessly grinding. Now, I can do half my elites and half my farming one day, and do the other half the next day. It's more XP, and I don't do all my grinding in one day. I don't see how this hurts farming.

My epic level toons are benefiting too. I was not one of those who ground out all their EDs farming House of Broken Records or whatever. Now I solo 1-3 eVoN3s and a Wiz-King on EN/EH before I do my TR stuff. Doesn't take me but an hour to do that for one toon, and I've been making substantial ED progress without even thinking about it.

The days of grind-it-into-the-ground just to semi-quickly hit 20 after a TR are gone. Now you are truly free to quest however you want. Just because another way is more optimum now doesn't mean you are no longer permitted to use the old method.
    Honkin * Diaari * Bazongas

Community Member

Default bump

devs should see this, I probably wont post anything like this for a year.

Maybe balances out my ranting slightly.