Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default I can't Blame Turbine any longer

Like the title say's Folks, Time after time after time I %^$%^ about the service I get. I can't ^%^% any longer this is all on me. I stuck it out and now only have my self too blame for paying for this God cursed company.. who just a few yrs back " I voted" one of the Best company's .... Yep it's all on me this time.
    Kahzadoom~Xzr~Irondoom~Doomlord~XvKing DoomHammer~
    Xoriat Born~Doompriest~Doom~DoomTusk~Legion of Doom~Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by die View Post
    Like the title say's Folks, Time after time after time I %^$%^ about the service I get. I can't ^%^% any longer this is all on me. I stuck it out and now only have my self too blame for paying for this God cursed company.. who just a few yrs back " I voted" one of the Best company's .... Yep it's all on me this time.

We've got Kubler-Ross in full effect on the forums tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by jalont View Post
    We've got Kubler-Ross in full effect on the forums tonight.
    Nice I learned something tonight..http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K%C3%BCbler-Ross_model

Thanks
    Xoriat Born~Doompriest~Doom~DoomTusk~Legion of Doom~Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

Default I can't blame Turbine because

The outage was not their fault. It was once again the ISP they use. In most cases you don't get a choice in ISP when you run that many servers. If you want to nerd rage. Rage at their ISP.

Community Member FlaviusMaximus's Avatar

"Haha! Sounds like you got "Tur-boned." They are so consistently good at getting their player base all "Tur-bent" out of shape. No wonder so many players are going "Tur-bye-bye." Maybe it's time they threw this game in the "Turd-bin!"

I should probably let off before I get "Tur-banned." My posts are usually so "Turbane." It's possible that the "Tur-berculosis" is affecting my "Tur-brain." That's what I get for sipping all this "Tur-brine."

Maya Angelou
    Last edited by FlaviusMaximus; 09-01-2013 at 11:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FlaviusMaximus View Post
    "Haha! Sounds like you got "Tur-boned." They are so consistently good at getting their player base all "Tur-bent" out of shape. No wonder so many players are going "Tur-bye-bye." Maybe it's time they threw this game in the "Turd-bin!"

I should probably let off before I get "Tur-banned." My posts are usually so "Turbane." It's possible that the "Tur-berculosis" is affecting my "Tur-brain." That's what I get for sipping all this "Tur-brine."

Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by EnziteBob View Post
    The outage was not their fault. It was once again the ISP they use. In most cases you don't get a choice in ISP when you run that many servers. If you want to nerd rage. Rage at their ISP.
    No Rage here. Just the simple realization that it's my fault and I forgive my self.

Like the title say's Folks...(edited)...Yep it's all on me this time.
    Well fix it, man!

And hurry up about it!

Community Member

Nice I learned something tonight..http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K%C3%BCbler-Ross_model

Thanks
    For a perfect illustration of said effect:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_Z3lmidmrY

Oh? Where was this mentioned? Linky? I must have missed that in all the posts here...

Thanks.

Nah, it don't work like that. We rage at the company we do business with. They can rage at their providers and they should do so. Just imagine how many folks have now downloaded NWO who weren't (I know of 4 people just from last night in NWO newbie land).

This is a bad situation for DDO....already struggling to hold the attention and respect of their player base coming off a huge update....and now servers down for half of a long holiday weekend (that is generally spent at home). They are bleeding big time you can rest assured.

So whether or not they are to blame they are blamed and will bleed from their base over it.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kalimah View Post
    Nah, it don't work like that. We rage at the company we do business with. They can rage at their providers and they should do so. Just imagine how many folks have now downloaded NWO who weren't (I know of 4 people just from last night in NWO newbie land).

This is a bad situation for DDO....already struggling to hold the attention and respect of their player base coming off a huge update....and now servers down for half of a long holiday weekend (that is generally spent at home). They are bleeding big time you can rest assured.

So whether or not they are to blame they are blamed and will bleed from their base over it.
    I think people trying out NWO is a plus. The horrible design and exploits of that game, along with more random outages than DDO, may put things in perspective for them.

Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar

Default Not Turbine's ISP

Tracing route to 74.201.102.13 over a maximum of 30 hops

8 13 ms 11 ms 11 ms 0.ae10.BR3.CHI13.ALTER.NET [204.255.168.165]

9 * * * Request timed out.

10 37 ms 35 ms 36 ms 0.xe-8-2-0.GW15.BOS4.ALTER.NET [152.63.24.34]

11 43 ms 43 ms 43 ms internap-gw.customer.alter.net [152.179.134.214]

12 37 ms 38 ms 38 ms border1.te7-1-bbnet1.bsn003.pnap.net [63.251.128.43]

13 44 ms 44 ms 46 ms turbine-7.border1.bsn003.pnap.net [64.95.76.202]

At this point we are inside Turbine machines

14 40 ms 44 ms 36 ms 74.201.102.106

15 60 ms 48 ms 46 ms 74.201.102.166

This should be the TURBINE game server, but it is not. It's completely dead.

16 * * * Request timed out.

17 * * * Request timed out.

18 * * * Request timed out.

19 * * * Request timed out.

20 * * * Request timed out.

21 * * * Request timed out.

22 * * * Request timed out.

23 * * * Request timed out.

24 * * * Request timed out.

25 * * * Request timed out.

26 * * * Request timed out.

27 * * * Request timed out.

28 * * * Request timed out.

29 * * * Request timed out.

30 * * * Request timed out.

Trace complete.

Turbine is completely at fault for this.
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

Your are assuming that just because it says turbine, that in fact it is turbine's machine? I know that is most commonly not the case. Our global network has our name on routers that don't belong to us and are run by our provider.

Non, no no you're not getting this right. It's not Turbine's fault, because it was supposedly the hardware that broke. So it maybe was the technicians' fault who installed it. But he can't be blamed neither. Because he couldn't do anything to prevent it from breaking. So maybe it's the Chinese worker's fault who built the hardware? But no, he just did his job and wasn't actually know what he was doing or what he should pay attention to. He was forced to do this job! So it's the system's fault? Yes, it's capitalism guys! Capitalism! Western white man! Mankind, abusing Gaia! So eventually it's our fault! Turbine is not guilty! Why would you think it's Turbine's responsibility to make the game accessible? It's OUR fault! I feel so guilty...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    People are absolutely working on it at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by moomooprincess View Post
    Tracing route to 74.201.102.13 over a maximum of 30 hops

8 13 ms 11 ms 11 ms 0.ae10.BR3.CHI13.ALTER.NET [204.255.168.165]

9 * * * Request timed out.

10 37 ms 35 ms 36 ms 0.xe-8-2-0.GW15.BOS4.ALTER.NET [152.63.24.34]

11 43 ms 43 ms 43 ms internap-gw.customer.alter.net [152.179.134.214]

12 37 ms 38 ms 38 ms border1.te7-1-bbnet1.bsn003.pnap.net [63.251.128.43]

13 44 ms 44 ms 46 ms turbine-7.border1.bsn003.pnap.net [64.95.76.202]

At this point we are inside Turbine machines

14 40 ms 44 ms 36 ms 74.201.102.106

15 60 ms 48 ms 46 ms 74.201.102.166

This should be the TURBINE game server, but it is not. It's completely dead.

16 * * * Request timed out.

17 * * * Request timed out.

18 * * * Request timed out.

19 * * * Request timed out.

20 * * * Request timed out.

21 * * * Request timed out.

22 * * * Request timed out.

23 * * * Request timed out.

24 * * * Request timed out.

25 * * * Request timed out.

26 * * * Request timed out.

27 * * * Request timed out.

28 * * * Request timed out.

29 * * * Request timed out.

30 * * * Request timed out.

Trace complete.

Turbine is completely at fault for this.
    might be to do with this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We continue to work with our vendors to resolve the current issues. To prevent further frustrations to players who were logging in only to be disconnected, we have disabled the ability to log into the game for the time being. You may also find that attempts to ping or trace route during this time may fail.
    from here: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...-03-AM-Eastern
    AUREON/ KEEPER 2006-2009 | CANNITH 2010 -
    Anaplian, Csimian, Tengram, Hackworth, Memenah, Helekye, Nabberfleish
    Brotherhood of the Wolf

Quote Originally Posted by Inoukchuk View Post
    For a perfect illustration of said effect:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_Z3lmidmrY
    That is funny as Hell , Nice find +1 rep

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

Oh. All the traceroutes I've seen all say it's Turbine's fault this time...

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus-Hawkeye View Post
    Your are assuming that just because it says turbine, that in fact it is turbine's machine? I know that is most commonly not the case. Our global network has our name on routers that don't belong to us and are run by our provider.
    Check the IP addresses... The 74.201.102/24 is registered by Turbine Inc.

As a rule, if the IP/DNS is registered by a company the servers in that range belongs to that company, unless it is an ISP that provides hosting service. Last time I took the pain to check Turbine servers are hosted by PNAP in a Boston Data Center ( not sure which one of the two ), and not the reverse, so it's safe to assume that it's Turbine's hardware that went wonky... Either it's a dutifully owned hardware or a leased hardware is another matter...

Edit :
    In the meantime and to spend time :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBWhzz_Gn10
    Last edited by Flavilandile; 09-02-2013 at 10:36 AM.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Default NWO Down too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalimah View Post

Just went to NWO and here is what is on their site, 'New World Order is Currently experiancing technical problams. Should be back up soon. Will send an Email to everyone with re-opening Thanks for your patience NWO MANAGEMENT" They can't even spell correctly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast