Default Prediction: Outage not fixed until Tuesday

Place your bets!

Holiday weekend in the US.

You might be an optimist.
    There is no free lunch.

Default Way to go Nostrodamus!

You're about three hours late and $2 short on that prediction.

Hopefully it's fixed by the time I get home tonight, lol.

Would be nice to have a downtime during times that aren't Aussie peak playing time

Quote Originally Posted by Postumus View Post
    You're about three hours late and $2 short on that prediction.
    You mean by the guy who no one can find a profile online on who states they actually work for Turbine, or a data center?
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Community Member

Lol, ffirst weekend ive had in months were I was off and had time planned for gaming, if they don't have it running until tues I might have to stop my monthly bills and go f2p.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    You mean by the guy who no one can find a profile online on who states they actually work for Turbine, or a data center?
    Wait... were people actually taking that post as serious? And were they actually looking for the dude online?? (Okay, maybe I admit I googled his name. once. but I never REALLY believed it)

Even though it's a US holiday, if this down time costs the ISP money (honestly no idea how these corporate service contracts work) the way it (potentially) costs their clients money, it may be getting worked on. I doubt Turbine had to sign a "there is no guarantee of product/service availability" eula like we did...
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

17/2/2013. Soulfurance still remembers.

Hm.. At least I have time to plan out my next life!
    Rogue with 2x Agony, or rogue/monk using q-staves?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfurnace View Post
    17/2/2013. Soulfurance still remembers.

Hm.. At least I have time to plan out my next life!
    Rogue with 2x Agony, or rogue/monk using q-staves?
    Henshin - Rogue split looks very interesting these days. It is definitely partially me, cause I love staves and they finally got hugely buffed, but I would still recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by viktorserak View Post
    Henshin - Rogue split looks very interesting these days. It is definitely partially me, cause I love staves and they finally got hugely buffed, but I would still recommend it.
    I've got a cleric/monk/ranger atm, running around with Sireth. With only two monk, it can only get parts of Mystic tree, but I like what I'm getting - Fists of Iron (it's useful.. ish), and 12.5% doublestrike (on average).
    And it's a master of earth, for +1 crit multiplier on 19-20.

As it stands, I'm leaning towards mostly rogue, with some monk on the side. Focus on sneak attack, spend some feats for master stances (again), take the best parts of both trees..

Any other classes that'd help? And no, I won't be using wooden staves at cap (Sireth), so I can skip shilly-something from druid level(s).

I've got a cleric/monk/ranger atm, running around with Sireth. With only two monk, it can only get parts of Mystic tree, but I like what I'm getting - Fists of Iron (it's useful.. ish), and 12.5% doublestrike (on average).

As it stands, I'm leaning towards mostly rogue, with some monk on the side. Focus on sneak attack, spend some feats for master stances (again), take the best parts of both trees..

Any other classes that'd help? And no, I won't be using wooden staves at cap (Sireth), so I can skip shilly-something from druid level(s).
    I'm going 14 paladin for zeal, saves, divine might, exalted smite, divine sacrifice (very nice on the 14-20 weapon that the sireth will be)/5monk/1rogue for my currently leveling up sireth TR, but I strongly suspect that I will regret not going 12 fvs/6 monk/2 rogue for the stronger self healing and defense (shadow fade).

I guess there are a lot of classes that can make sense next to rogue and monk on a staff build. Those enhancement points go pretty fast though.

Community Member FlaviusMaximus's Avatar

I'm going 14 paladin for zeal, saves, divine might, exalted smite, divine sacrifice (very nice on the 14-20 weapon that the sireth will be)/5monk/1rogue for my currently leveling up sireth TR, but I strongly suspect that I will regret not going 12 fvs/6 monk/2 rogue for the stronger self healing and defense (shadow fade).

I guess there are a lot of classes that can make sense next to rogue and monk on a staff build. Those enhancement points go pretty fast though.

Accidently just posted this under my screened account. If they decide to post it, there will be a double.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Place your bets!

Holiday weekend in the US.
    Well considering they need to sign up for a new account with someone to replace Pando, which shut down operations Aug. 31, I wouldn't be surprised - its hard enough for a customer to get emergency support on a holiday, its probably impossible to set up new service when all the vendors are closed.

"If you are looking for a Pando Business or Game Download solution, or if you are an existing Pando Game Download solution customer, then please contact RELOADED TECHNOLOGIES. Reloaded is currently upgrading Pando’s customers to its proprietary “Super Node Delivery™” system to handle large, reliable and scalable download operations."

So we probably have to wait until Reloaded is back in the office and can turn their patch-hosting servers on, so our clients can convince themselves they're properly up-to-date

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Well considering they need to sign up for a new account with someone to replace Pando, which shut down operations Aug. 31, I wouldn't be surprised - its hard enough for a customer to get emergency support on a holiday, its probably impossible to set up new service when all the vendors are closed.

"If you are looking for a Pando Business or Game Download solution, or if you are an existing Pando Game Download solution customer, then please contact RELOADED TECHNOLOGIES. Reloaded is currently upgrading Pando’s customers to its proprietary “Super Node Delivery™” system to handle large, reliable and scalable download operations."

So we probably have to wait until Reloaded is back in the office and can turn their patch-hosting servers on, so our clients can convince themselves they're properly up-to-date
    This looks like yet another spectacular fail by Turbine. When they failed to renew the domains in time was really an epic fail. Without any in-depth information it now looks like they were taken by surprise that Pando shut down. If that is the case then I suspect DDO and LoTRO will be down for a few days until they can sort through the codes and set up a new service provider. Turbine needs to be upfront if this will take more than a few hours as people will be more and more ****ed off the longer it takes without any substantial info about the problems. Extremely amateurish is what I would say, mildly put.
    Member and owner of "The Mad Midgets" of Khyber.
    Characters; Skrangle, Eileenia, Thyrantraxus, Clonkstar, Eilert, Nidvisa, Sellyse, Lobotobias, Crimsoneye, Whimpsy, Meeep, Maszter, Andromansis etc

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeEyedBob View Post
    This looks like yet another spectacular fail by Turbine. When they failed to renew the domains in time was really an epic fail. Without any in-depth information it now looks like they were taken by surprise that Pando shut down. If that is the case then I suspect DDO and LoTRO will be down for a few days until they can sort through the codes and set up a new service provider. Turbine needs to be upfront if this will take more than a few hours as people will be more and more ****ed off the longer it takes without any substantial info about the problems. Extremely amateurish is what I would say, mildly put.
    Amateur hour at Turbine.

First the borked raid lists, as the result of a new system that was not needed, and now this. They are doing their best to kill the game. They really are.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post

The problem with that is not just about the transfer of the proprietary, but actually the contract that comes with it. Turbine had a long term contract with Pando which involve a specific cost... Reloaded Technologies take that to their advantage and upgraded the cost so for the last 2 months, Turbine have been trying to find another alternative. It's not easy to find a world-wide high volume file sharing hosting service that allow everything needed for a client that relies heavily on multiple systems all centered around that single hosting service.

Also, what Pando's website doesn't say is that this transfer comes at a HUGE price. (It's not some pocket money)

Have you ever changed your IP? You know all those costs that come from installing, changing some hardware and stuff? Imagine that on the scale of a company's products structure. It's not the kind of stuff you can just randomly choose and try each month. Turbine have to make a choice and that choice might end up as a bad one... and if it comes to that, it will cost even more to Turbine just to fix the problem.

That's the reason why Turbine can't gives an ETA on the return as they are not sure themselves about which alternative to take. In the worse case scenario, they make the wrong choice could result in their own closedown due to all the cost related to changing the hosting service. They are taking this really seriously as, everyone know, if nobody can login in the game, they only "make" money from subscriptions which might close down as players can't access the game. As long as the game is not back online, they can't make any money from selling TP. Even worse, if things don't come back soon enough, players who have bought TP and didn't uses them have legal access to a refund. People who have bought the last expansion but didn't have access to at lest 5 hours to it can legally get a refund too. (5 hours Is the minimum amount of hours required for a software to be considered as "opened" or "used". It's the amount of time considered as necessary for a consumer to be able to see if a software is broken or not.)

Not to mention the people who decide this is the last straw and quit the game because of this.