Default Neg LVL's after killing mobs!!

I know Deathward, Deathward, Deathward........

When soloing or 2 manning with no one that has deathward it seems when kill a mob you randomly get neg lvl'ed.

Yes I use tangleroot clickies, but as a lot know you get going and until get negged you don't realize it is gone.

Noticed the other day when 2 manning with a guildie and it was a area effect around a mob that just died. Used clickie immediately.

It did get me thinking and tested it. Mobs randomly, when die, put out a aoe enervate of sorts. Only 1 lvl but still. Yes, before say something happened MULTIPLE times and only when mob dies.

Just curious if this is intentional or not? If I missed something in notes or lam land? Or if it is just another bug(reported it)?

I know deathward prevents so before say "should always have" read post first and understand I know this.

So has anyone else noticed this?
    Last edited by Bilger; 09-01-2013 at 08:34 PM.
    Proud Officer of The Madborn

Nope, I think someone is playing a monk near you though.

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    Nope, I think someone is playing a monk near you though.
    So why would someone playing a monk near me neg lvl me when a mob dies?

I must not know of some new class feature!

BTW the character I was on was a monkcher and was happening to me and guildie!

Quote Originally Posted by Bilger View Post
    So why would someone playing a monk near me neg lvl me when a mob dies?

I must not know of some new class feature!

BTW the character I was on was a monkcher and was happening to me and guildie!
    dark finishers do an aoe neg level that effects you and the mobs.

<snip>
    This is currently caused by 3 things. 2 of which are from a monk. The Henshin Mystic has a T5 ability for light monks that causes 1d2 neg levels in an AoE, and the more easily obtainable one is Waves of Despair from Ninja Spy which enhances your Dark Finisher move and causes 1 neg level in a rather large AoE on a failed save.

The third being Shiradi Champion and their Double Rainbow (ALLL THE WAAAAY! YEAH!) which has a chance to proc any magical effect/ability in the game to my knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by RyonsAlt View Post
    This is currently caused by 3 things. 2 of which are from a monk. The Henshin Mystic has a T5 ability for light monks that causes 1d2 neg levels in an AoE, and the more easily obtainable one is Waves of Despair from Ninja Spy which enhances your Dark Finisher move and causes 1 neg level in a rather large AoE on a failed save.

The third being Shiradi Champion and their Double Rainbow (ALLL THE WAAAAY! YEAH!) which has a chance to proc any magical effect/ability in the game to my knowledge.
    That would be fine if any actually applied to the 2 of us in group at time and when tested. 1. Light monk so dark don't apply. 2. No henshi at all so that isn't it. Monkcher so monk actual attacks don't apply!

As for Shirardi thought of that, but was in furry half the time and was happening then.

Any other ideas. Sorry took so long to reply couldn't connect to forums for a lil while there.
    Last edited by Bilger; 09-01-2013 at 09:37 PM.

Hero

I believe there is a Shiradi proc that does this too. When the Xpack first dropped I was running around the Stormhorns solo. No hire, just myself. I usually use my goggles for DW but then forget to refresh it. It happened a couple times and I looked in my Combat log and it said somethings along the line of "You were hit with Dark Shadow effect" or something similar. Each time it gave me neg levels. And I know it wasn't an enemy since I had cleared most the map and was killing deer for the poacher rare.

*your ninja edit got me* Doh

That would be fine if any actually applied to the 2 of us in group at time and when tested. 1. Light monk so dark don't apply. 2. No henshi at all so that isn't it. Monkcher so monk actual attacks don't apply!

As for Shirardi thought of that, but was in furry half the time and was happening then.

Any other ideas. Sorry took so long to reply couldn't connect to forums for a lil while there.
    In that case it was a conspiracy of dark elves and underpants gnomes out to get you.

Thanks all I don't know shirardi could be partially to blame, but still don't explain the times in fury and frequency of it. Also it only happening when something dies. Will just mark it as a bug and try to not forget my DW clickies.