Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637383940 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Go Excercise

Quote Originally Posted by dydzio0614 View Post
    It is really boring to see people shouting everywhere because they cannot play online game for day or two. You guys really do not have anything else to do? And so many people keep spam threatening about cancelling their vip subscription and leaving game. Well most old players do not want to lose all what they achieved and they won't leave gamebecause it is offline for couple of days. If you want to leave game because you have nothing to lose as you didnt go too far / did not spend too much time on it then do whatever you want. You wont gain anything by moaning, especially with fact that nowadays more worthy customer is more paying customer. And these customers are mostly hardcore gamers who do not leave game easily. I know it is frustrating if you have a not working product but we all already know this.

Instead of complaining you could show your understanding and patience. Turbine team is not bunch of amateurs, you can check career section on turbine.com and check the requirements for every job. If you say "i have no more patience, turbine should focus more on bug fixing", then you should know that DDO must have messy and big code and it is not so easy to do fix a bug in 5 minutes because nothing is perfect. And when they fix a bug then something else can be screwed because of dependencies, and there are a lot of things to do for every developer. And complaining makes them to work on even bigger pressure. I would not be happy as a developer if people would keep writing bad things about (partially) my job, he is also a human. Also Turbine is part of Warner Bros, and it is not company that focuses only on creating games, it is not World of Warcraft made by Blizzard that does nothing else but produce games. Maybe I also should mention shadowfell release date was 19th august few months before so they had to create working version of the game in limited time, really you expected that to be bug-free?

I also appreciate Turbine's customer support, sometimes very nice people help with issues and explain the details how to avoid them in future. Bug caused I bought items in bigger quantity than I wanted and also my turbien points got under 0 and became bugged. I kept items and they refunded my Turbine Points and I never was a VIP.

I appreciate what Turbine does, it must be stressful for them, maybe im not satisfied with all that Turbine does but I am only a player, a mere snack for Turbine dragon, I would like to see epic restless isles with epic titan raid, epic vision of destruction raid and tier 4 alchemical crafting to make LoB raid worth doing and rebalacing old epic items. But as a player I have to accept what Turbine offers, they are not here to work on everyone's personal wishlist.

yea agree and not only is ddo experiencing this problem but all major MMOS are all unable to log

Im in Illinois here

well, Im in. thank u peeps.

Default Thanks Vattocrazy

Now this is the technical, mumbo jumbo, jargon is was talking about! I am officially appeased.

Community Member

Talking Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    UPDATE 2:16 PM Eastern: The game worlds have reopened! Thank you for your patience, and we'll see you in-game.

UPDATED
    : We continue to work with our vendors to resolve the current issues. Web services are beginning to be restored fully, but in the event that you have difficulty accessing the site we recommend visiting the official Facebook page for updates.

Work continues and we will update as more services are restored. Thanks for your patience!
    Thanks for all your hard work guys! Sorry it had to impact everyone's, including yours, labor day weekend.

Thanks to Turbine for managing/correcting the issue. As an IT professional I'm quite familiar with having personal plans cancelled due to work issues. Wish I could mitigate it, but this is the life we have chosen.

Postings about first amendment rights??? ROFLMFAO! Some of you posters need to put on your big boy pants... REALLY!!
    Toons on most every server. Love this game.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

FYI: We brought the servers up as soon as possible, so it's possible that your guild airship amenities will take a little while before they reappear. Thanks!
    Did you remember to turn the loot boost back on? (And could you leave it on for the rest of the week?)

FYI Cordovan...

The Pando Announcement does impact new players installing your game. While it may not be the issue to those of us with the game already installed, it does affect Turbine and DDO very much. This is the file linked in the top Nav Bar leading to http://www.ddo.com/en/game/download.

Hey Jerry,

Sorry you guys had to work over the holiday. That has to suck.

But anyway...By my count, this is now the third time we've had a major outage due to this same internet backbone issue in the last month or so. While I appreciate that in a lot of ways, that kind of thing is totally out of Turbine's hands, can you say if there has there been any consideration/discussion/implementation of a plan to fix this problem on a more permanent basis?

Can you guys permanently route around these people/company/whoever it is causing the problem? They don't seem to be very reliable. Whatever the cause is, it's affecting you guys (and of course the players, many of whom pay to play this game). Is it time to look for an alternative solution to whatever their issue is?
    The locus of my identity is totally exterior to me.
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

DDO Character Planner (Version 04.28.01) (Preview Screenshot) - Now with Warlocky goodness!
    Let's Play DDO!! - My attempt to video document a FULL runthrough of DDO, completionist style (Currently working through level 3 quests)

Community Member Shados_Draconioas's Avatar

Default Confession...

ok, so I have to confess.
    I didn't mow the grass. So I'm sure the neighbor paid off someone to shut down ddo until I had the lawn mowed.
    It's been done for an hour. So they agreed to turn the servers back on.

to those who were so stressed out it was like a withdrawal from crack, I saved your life.

You're welcome.
    "Dumazz!! OPEN THE DOOR!" ~famous last words before the wraiths killed him when Dumazz accidently locked him out of the shrine~
    Master Kylanos, Second in Command of Humorous Dumazz Deaths

Community Member

Smile Two comp but not two comp.

Not stressing but curious: comp on my left will access and play both of my Subscription(one account). The comp in front of me, the nice high tech one, seems to lose the launcher after a second trying to enter a world as though it never existed. Are launcher updates currently being done in clumps of "subscriptions". Suppose you can't really answer that but should I just hold tight, play lowLow res for now and let the day progress? An apple, a pill and call support in the morning? :-)

Luedwig Bait H'oven

Community Member

Hmm. Been stuck in a loading screen for about two minutes now. On Orien.

Although I probably won't be playing tonight. I still wanted to say thanks for fixing this ( it was no doubt a holiday too normally for you guys)
    For the shouters. You really think they don't want this fixed as fast as they can, and have some peace ( and a nice beer and such) themself.. Sure it is very frustrating when you planned your free time in (any) way and it doesn't happen to go that way. But let it ruin your whole day..... You can bet it was frustrating for them too. And not only for the dev/sup teams. These are the days that normally a lot more cash flow is made on. They missed that too no doubt.

Community Member

Default One computer on, the other not getting in.

Quote Originally Posted by Katie_Seaglen View Post
    Hmm. Been stuck in a loading screen for about two minutes now. On Orien.
    So my wife is on playing, however, I am unable to connect. go through login screen, and then timer icon, and then nothing. Any clues?

UPDATE 2:16 PM Eastern: The game worlds have reopened! Thank you for your patience, and we'll see you in-game.

UPDATED
    : We continue to work with our vendors to resolve the current issues. Web services are beginning to be restored fully, but in the event that you have difficulty accessing the site we recommend visiting the official Facebook page for updates.

Work continues and we will update as more services are restored. Thanks for your patience!
    Thanks a lot to the turbine staff for resolving this so fast, I imagine it was difficult and stressful. Great job, much appreciated!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phenomenon View Post
    Copied Directly from PANDO FB
    ================================================== ============================================
    Pando shared a link.
    August 5
    We have some bittersweet news.

On August 31, we will be shutting Pando down.

Please visit our main site to learn more.

It's been an amazing ride thanks to you all. Thanks for sharing!
    Pando.com
    www.pando.com
    Like · Comment · Share

Amynath Xy-na Mo'hd, Liran Cohen, Sungok Lim and 3 others like this.
    Michele Nell NO! I love Pando!!
    August 5 at 9:09am · 4
    Dezzi Lu oh man!! This is horrible!
    August 5 at 9:15am · 2
    Shellie Zaleta Sorry to hear this. A program I've used and loved for years.
    August 5 at 9:15am · 2
    Rhonda Smith
    August 5 at 9:25am · 1
    John Bailey This news really sucks.
    August 5 at 9:26am · 2
    Jacob Evans So is this Microsoft doing the rebranding thing?
    August 5 at 9:35am · 1
    Tamar Elderton Sad to hear this, as I loved Pando, although since discovering WeTransfer I just use that these days.
    August 5 at 9:39am · 1
    Troy Binnebose I think you everyone an explanation on why your shutting down!!!! If its Microsoft buying it or what ever everyone deserves a reason why
    August 5 at 9:43am via mobile · 3
    Juani Rodriguez Sanchez I don't like thies I love Pando!
    August 5 at 12:57pm · 1
    Lorraine DiVitale Herwig Cassini Hate to see you go Pando!!!
    August 5 at 1:15pm · 1
    Mike Piccirillo that stinks, back to burning a cd rom then hand delivering it - sneaker net is back! where the heck are my floppy diskettes? lol
    August 5 at 1:38pm · 1
    Kari Peterson
    August 5 at 9:39pm · 1
    Kari Peterson what a shame
    August 5 at 9:40pm · 1
    Denis-bruno Romand Noooo *** why ????????
    August 6 at 3:44am · 1
    Jean Transcene very sad with that bad news
    August 6 at 8:37am
    Vaping Crazyhorse this stinks.. what bs closing such a useful program.. nothing sweet about this news just lots of bitter!!!!
    August 7 at 1:24am · Edited
    Rodrigo Antón Bad news. Why?? I dont understand
    August 8 at 3:36pm
    Rodrigo Antón What is the sweet part of the news??
    August 8 at 3:38pm
    Taimoor Raza can we know the reason of shutting down???plz
    August 15 at 3:22am
    Frank DeVos So, when did you tell those that rely on Pando? Those that have contracted with Pando
    2 hours ago
    ================================================== ============================================

Sorry to say, but WB and Turbine are responsible for this downtime. PANDO gave notice at least "27 DAYS" prior (By the date(s) shown above) that they were shutting down their services! So, if this was the case, then why in the hell were there no corrective actions taken by WB or Turbine prior to this!!
    Looking over that i failed to see the whole story.. which was linked to a few pages prior on Pando official website. In it it mentioned the Pando services would be available for about 2 more weeks beyond September 1st. Service isn't dead yet so unless they had some kind of hiccup they are not at fault, and you cannot blame Turbine seeing as the service should still be there for the time being.

Default ahhh

great to be able to rape pillage and plunder again

Quote Originally Posted by Ghoulstorm View Post
    You, sir, just won all the internets.

Community Member Mephisto-Helix's Avatar

Please feel free to down the servers again as the lag has us stuck in place so bad, they may as bloody well be down. What is wrong with you that you can break so much of this game so often gd it.

Last edited by Mephisto-Helix; 09-02-2013 at 05:30 PM.

Community Member HernandoCortez's Avatar

I'm not going to complain or make a negative post. I just want to thank you guys @ Turbine and ask you for another compensation as you guys been giving us lately. A XP bonus during this week (not weekends only, plz) would be most appreciated.

Thanks.
    EXTREME PREJUDICE™ - by Turbine.
    GHOSTBANE™ - by Turbine.
    LMAO! M...D...? Seriously? - You have received an infraction...

Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637383940 LastLast