Page 18 of 40 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy4U View Post
    Ummm just curious but how is it a vendors fault if your launcher (which is your software) is not downloading...doesn't that make it your fault?

I have been waiting for 4-5 hours..I just TRed and relogged because of that darned zoom bug (you can't zoom out after logging into a few characters) and bang I'm stuck..I also reinstalled etc etc..I wish they had a page that was easy to find that explained what the heck was going on...cause this lot was down too...have to rely on 3rd parties to get any info...that is not very cool.

Can you please give us a darned estimate of when it will be fixed? Jeez what Customer Service teachers did you have? Don't you know you have to tell your customers something other than...we won't tell you, but it's not our fault...I mean jeez.
    I would rather guess they are still checking the waste bin from their vendor for spares.

Quote Originally Posted by Guindon View Post
    BUT, With all that said, even if they are down till Tuesday morning, its still not 3 days down on a long weekend. The game has only been down for 6 hours or so, So you had all day Saturday and most of Sunday to get your fix (my time anyways GMT-5).
    A lot depends on time zone as you noted. Move farther west and you too could be losing and entire day of Sunday playtime. In my case my playtime began just after the servers stopped allowing logins. I'd play another two or three hours still tonight. I'd call that a whole day of play (which I was looking forward to.) My coming week is packed and I'll prolly not get to play at all Tuesday through Friday, so again, its pretty relative.

I'm not saying they wanted it to crash on a 3-day weekend. I'm just saying that I agree is sucks.
    /sigh

Quote Originally Posted by ppsm09 View Post
    Hello Storm Lord. How's Thelanis doing? My first server. Played there back when Legion got banned for forcing people to pass the renown to them in the chests. Anywho, you missed my followup post, when I mentioned I used 7 XP stones back to back to gain Completionist status. :P

we r doing good, i only used 1 exp stone and that was becuz i wanted to cap completionist b4 the new content was released, but after doing a barb life on a monk type toon i cudnt bare to do bard next, last 2 then back to monk.
    Officer of STORM LORDS

KREYLIA/TRAPSIN/DEZINIGOMOH/FREEHEALER/SMECKZY/IMDEADLY

Community Member

Default of course you would want cameras...

If you have invested 400 dollars a month then I would be very very surprised to see you walk, even if they didn't give you a damn cent. It would seem that if you are spending that kind of money on this game it must consume a large part of your life, and you are most likely addicted to it just as much as someone is addicted to coffee or cigarettes.

BUT, With all that said, even if they are down till Tuesday morning, its still not 3 days down on a long weekend. The game has only been down for 6 hours or so, So you had all day Saturday and most of Sunday to get your fix (my time anyways GMT-5). I hope for down the time to be covered and I am more than happy for that, because if they give me 2 days back i probably would have only played 4-6 hours in those two days, so I'm really getting a bonus. Its like getting a whole day of free movies at the movie theater because they cancelled the show i was going to....

On a side not I wish i had cameras in your house the day they cancel DDO. I would love to see you loose your **** because you lost all your virtual stuff. They money you spent was for entertainment(and i agree they should make right for time you couldn't play)... you are entertained at the moment, afterwards they owe you nothing.
    you sound like the type of weasel that would hide behind a camera. If you were in the same room with any of us your mouth would be zipped closed...your tailend puckered shut...your hands tucked deeply between your thighs nervously twitching...with your lips not spewing a single word....you type a big game which means in RL you are weasly

Quote Originally Posted by rohmer View Post
    In game, or on web? I finally gave up and spent 50 on the web (Not quite as good of a deal as 59.95 for 6250, but I wanted the points)

Every time I tried in game I got "Service Unavailable, try again later"
    I bought in game friday night around 8 pm eastern.

Well get back in your corner! :P

Yeah, my longest pnp battle lasted 17 weeks. 17! just over 4 months long! And I was the DM! :'( On the upside, the barbarian snatched a magical earring out of the reward chest, and...

Barbarian: I put it on!!!

DM: You do?

Barbarian: YESH!!!

DM: Okay, roll a fortitude save.

Barbarian: What?

DM: Roll a fortitude save.

Barbarian: ... okay? ...

*Barbarian rolls a 2. Fails fortitude save.*

Barbarian: Uhm?

DM: You scream like a little girl and pass out from the pain of shoving an earring into your unpierced ear.

... THAT was a fun night!
    Bwhahahaha!!!!

I remember those days.

Oh, just go read about it. http://cainslatrani.blogspot.com/201...carnating.html

Fun times.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleTimb View Post
    I'll take you at your word that you don't have a problem with helping new players; clearly your problem is finding the ENTER key.

Pardon my childish response to your very sincere and thought out comments. But why can't rants be divided into manageable sized paragraphs? Is this written in the Internet rule book somewhere?
    Probably eloped with the ESCAPE key

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    Whats that saying? You know love is blind? Doesn't your girlfriend/wife get you know jealous? Or are you both in love just not really with each other?
    Actually, not to be too graphic, but while my wife is healing a raid, that's when I love to fool around. The rule is, I stop if she lets anyone die. We met in DDO, and so DDO is a huge part of our life together. She knows we're getting divorced if they ever shut the game down permanently. Unless they have a new game for us to play together. Nothing by Sony or Blizzard, though. Has to be Turbine or we won't play and we'll get divorced.

DDO actually keeps our romance alive and well. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    So just some special notes regarding this patch...

We're breaking our usual pattern here a bit with today's update. Normally we like to give more advanced notice for "patches", but we are trying to get the bug fixes/crash fixes out ahead of the holiday weekend for players. Apologies for the short notice. Release notes will be available very shortly.
    Does anybody else find this quote from Thursday's downtime ironical? Is that the right word? Or is it just me? Probably just me. Carry on.

Default ...

let them work on the connection, go do something else, sitting here getting mad because you cant log into a game. go watch a movie or something, its not like there really worried about how we feel, for now, they will just focus on getting it back online and most likely give a week-ish of exp bonus or a sale in the ddo store. we will never know unless u let them get to work. when they feel the time is right, they will notify us.
    Officer of STORM LORDS

KREYLIA/TRAPSIN/DEZINIGOMOH/FREEHEALER/SMECKZY/IMDEADLY

Uber Completionist

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainPurge View Post
    Clearly Syria is preempting a US military strike by initiating cyber war on Turbine...the first victims of course are DDO players. We're dangerous.
    Thanks for clearing things up, now I understand!

Default Hey!

Apparently DDO is broken!

Supernatural powers.

Educated superiority!!

Vast comprehension of philosophic relevance!!!!

I am now stronger by a fraction! My hooked fingers are more fierce than the vicious claws of a rabid lobster ;D

Yeah, my longest pnp battle lasted 17 weeks. 17! just over 4 months long! And I was the DM! :'( On the upside, the barbarian snatched a magical earring out of the reward chest, and...

DM: You scream like a little girl and pass out from the pain of shoving an earring into your unpierced ear.

Damn that barbarian makes me feel tough, I remember standing on a big circle tuna hook it went right through and out the otherside, I grabbed my pliers snipped off the barb and pulled it through, bandaged it and kept fishing, I was only 12. Only time I passed out is when ive been knocked out, and ive had some things broken, or stuck through me, stung. It just seems silly a big warrior type passing out because of a pin sized object being poked though his ear lobe. Though I can see how its funny as hell, damn he must of been the biggest wimp and wet blanket in the party.

This is why con is not a dump stat especially on a barbarian.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by riskyraines View Post
    you sound like the type of weasel that would hide behind a camera. If you were in the same room with any of us your mouth would be zipped closed...your tailend puckered shut...your hands tucked deeply between your thighs nervously twitching...with your lips not spewing a single word....you type a big game which means in RL you are weasly
    I type big? I'm just throwing my opinion in on the matter, with fair intelligence and composure. I've always spoke my mind in game or IRL and If you read over my posts i don't think I actually insulted anyone, I just disagreed with you and some others. You are the one here acting tough and trying to intimidate.

Although, more importantly why would i have to keep my "tailend puckered" around you and your kin? =P

PS, I only misspelled "tailend" because it was a quote.

Quote Originally Posted by riskyraines View Post
    You're probably happy they don't have cameras in your place. You seem like the kind of person who'll one day be caught on the news being arrested for having kidnapped kids in your basement for 10 to 15 years, who you fed generic walmart brand chicken nuggets for sustenance, and who you forced watch you do nothing but rant about the servers being down just to have someone, anyone, listen to your desperate cries of what was truly loneliness, that you disguised as 'tough-guy' attacks against fans of a truly great game and gaming company.

^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Shorlong View Post
    Hey look, another a$$. I love the "I buy everything ala carte so I pay more than VIPs" mentality. I know a LOT of VIPs, in game and on the forums, and most of them spend around 10 bucks a month for two or more accounts, plus a good 15-20 bucks a month extra per account. I know I, myself, plop down the $15 a month for my wife and I, plus I usually buy myself the $20 points package, and I usually get her one as well. Let's not forget that, since I didn't buy myself the expansion (it was gifted by a fellow forumite, bless them), I have since bought four more expansions. I have also purchased five of the MotU expansion, and the rare points for my guildmates if they needed some (or, for christmas, I buy my guildies each the $20 points cards)

In four years, I have spent somewhere in the neighborhood of $1,320 on monthly subscriptions (did have four months of no VIP at one point), $199.95 for MotU, $189.95 for Shadowfell (one Collector's with the Legendary, 3 standards), $40 in points a month, so $1,680....and the odd points here and there (ranging between $7 and $30, one time the $50)....I would say that I have spent more on this game than you have...and I continue to support it, and I WILL continue to support it, as I love the game and feel my money is well spent.

So shut your mouth about things you know nothing about.
    Wait, you're being harsh. He read something on the internet one time that lead him to believe VIPs were the devil. It cant be on the internet if its not true.

I type big? I'm just throwing my opinion in on the matter, with fair intelligence and composure. I've always spoke my mind in game or IRL and If you read over my posts i don't think I actually insulted anyone, I just disagreed with you and some others. You are the one here acting tough and trying to intimidate.

Although, more importantly why would i have to keep my "tailend puckered" around you and your kin? =P

PS, I only misspelled "tailend" because it was a quote.
    You do NOT want to know what he does to unpuckered tail ends, Guindon!

*Hides under the covers* I wish my wife was healing a raid right now. I need comforting!!!

LOL Absolutely classic! I started DMing just as AD&D came out back in I think it was 78. My core group played till 2011 when due to circumstances I was forced to move due to problems with my Father's health. I will never forget some quests that lasted over a year due to various factors such as holidays and health issues that caused some delays of a week or two.
    One of my fondest memories is from the original Tegal Manor Quest where my group was terrified by the mobile pink fluffy rug with the bug antennas. The brave warriors and wizards ran like little bunnies from that 'horrible Monster' just sure it would do something profoundly terrible to them.LOL

Community Member

Default Relax

It isn't like Turbine is making off like a bandit here. It's just bad business not to be running on labor day weekend. So I'm sure they're busy as they can be trying to get ddo back up and running. They've been good to players on other major outages ( which don't occur that often ), no reason to suspect they won't on this one.

Page 18 of 40 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast