Page 17 of 40 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by FynWarFyn View Post
    Well the US is a free country (not really, but it is a nice sentiment) and within it you have the right to freedom of speech (not really either but that's also a nice sentiment), so you should be able to vent as outrageously as you want and say whatever you want (well within bounds and pc-ness and propriety and blah blah blah), even if you are not in the US actually.

By all means, do say whatever you feel like. That's your only connection to us who wander the forum halls in search of age old wisdom and fleeting bits of intellectual knowledge. It is not likely we will ever meet IRL. So your writing is all I will ever receive from you (read it and either remember it or discard it), so this should be your moment to shine and leave behind some hints of your true personality. At least this is free.

You want to defend Turbine? go ahead. You want to rant and express your anger? go ahead. At the very least, it will be entertaining and help past the time waiting for them to finally reboot the servers.
    Very well said.

If I may be so bold as to tack a small thought onto the end of yours, I'd suggest (to both sides and all in the middle) that we do, in fact, have the right (whether or not it's observed by those "in power") to say whatever we like. The question is, does the fact that we have the right to say "...", make it the right thing to say?

Quote Originally Posted by ppsm09 View Post
    I'm an atheist. But I'm sincerely praying that they never give you an Otto box, sir. Good day.
    Two full days holiday playing might be equivalent to levels 8-16... just saying.
    /sigh

Quote Originally Posted by rohmer View Post
    Desperately tried to give you money, but you wouldn't take it. Not a good business model.

Now center of a 3 day weekend, no game love.

Not good. After 8 years, I'd think beta would be over.
    I bought points friday with no problem so its probably not connected.

Quote Originally Posted by riskyraines View Post
    No doubt rogues can tank. Tanked stormreaver Ehard FOT 2x today before server crashes/ Risk Raines Lords of Legend Wayfinder. Akando with back up healz MY DOG !!
    I was almost ready to be impressed till you said 'Wayfinder'. Now I'm far from impressed. Playing on Wayfinder - a dead server - is like Goku training in the gravity chamber. You have no choice BUT to play solo, 9 out of 10 times. Learn to solo, move to another server, or quit the game. :P

Community Member

That's the only thing that will keep me playing this game come 9/03/2013...I mean its fake digital stuff its not like the trucks have to drop more ottos boxes at WB headquarters here in Sunny Southern Cali. They have an absolute unlimited supply. Ottos Box or Cya . Nothing besides that , you could offer me to stick around for 3 day outages on holiday weekends. And all those people who keep saying its not turbines fault its an outside source. If a contractor hires a plumber to come to your house and the plumbers work is *****....Who do you think is responsible for that fock up? The contractor or in this case turbine. They hired the company that is responsible for the outage...so they are most definitely responsible for the outage. Also the people crying for a refund on your missed 3 days, Don't worry they will make sure you get everyday refunded. Its only absolutely free to them. Truth is they will offer xp, loot and renown boosts for 5 days or so and that's what we will get. The vips will get their money refunded. And the servers will be as empty as they were last time this occurred. Don't drop the soap if you are in the shower with DDO
    If you have invested 400 dollars a month then I would be very very surprised to see you walk, even if they didn't give you a damn cent. It would seem that if you are spending that kind of money on this game it must consume a large part of your life, and you are most likely addicted to it just as much as someone is addicted to coffee or cigarettes.

BUT, With all that said, even if they are down till Tuesday morning, its still not 3 days down on a long weekend. The game has only been down for 6 hours or so, So you had all day Saturday and most of Sunday to get your fix (my time anyways GMT-5). I hope for down the time to be covered and I am more than happy for that, because if they give me 2 days back i probably would have only played 4-6 hours in those two days, so I'm really getting a bonus. Its like getting a whole day of free movies at the movie theater because they cancelled the show i was going to....

On a side not I wish i had cameras in your house the day they cancel DDO. I would love to see you loose your **** because you lost all your virtual stuff. They money you spent was for entertainment(and i agree they should make right for time you couldn't play)... you are entertained at the moment, afterwards they owe you nothing.

He's right. The XP stone alone in the Otto box will jump you from lvl 8 to lvl 19.3, if you use all the max XP boosts. (50% pot, Voice, 5% XP shrine, VIP bonus, whatevs) So that's 11 levels worth of gaming he'll be skipping, 11 levels of gameplay he'll never experience. 11 levels of opportunities to meet new friends, have fun adventures solo or with friends or with random strangers or with hires. Heck, he could miss that one chance of meeting that one person who knows the meaning of 'his' life. So much possibility, wasted...

off topic a bit.......

so what if some1 wants to skip 11 lvls of running with pugs, they might be testing a build that gets full play at lvl20-28. theres different kinds of players: get to cap ASAP, make a new toon everyday, stay capped and run raids for the rest of life, get back to lvl1 from 20 ASAP. i used a otto box to get thru a 2 lives i didnt want to learn on the toon i was playing, when i want to learn a class ill make that class to learn. its the VIP/P2P and all these nifty exp potions, otto/bigby boxes, that keep this a going game for the future VIP/P2P from F2P.

some ppl just buy a new car instead of spending the time to make one.

Spend a lot of time to save a little money, Spend a little money to save a lot of time, the choice is yours.
    Officer of STORM LORDS

KREYLIA/TRAPSIN/DEZINIGOMOH/FREEHEALER/SMECKZY/IMDEADLY

Community Member

Default yes a reasonable soul you are :)

Quote Originally Posted by redoubt View Post
    Two full days holiday playing might be equivalent to levels 8-16... just saying.
    agreed can level 1-20 in 4 days no xp stone

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeNoctu View Post
    Very well said.

If I may be so bold as to tack a small thought onto the end of yours, I'd suggest (to both sides and all in the middle) that we do, in fact, have the right (whether or not it's observed by those "in power") to say whatever we like. The question is, does the fact that we have the right to say "...", make it the right thing to say?
    No.

But in that discretion lies the variation between adults and children.
    /sigh

Angry Any progress there???

One hour passed since last info update (from facebook)... Any progress? An ETA at least???

Quote Originally Posted by Iann View Post
    I bought points friday with no problem so its probably not connected.
    In game, or on web? I finally gave up and spent 50 on the web (Not quite as good of a deal as 59.95 for 6250, but I wanted the points)

Every time I tried in game I got "Service Unavailable, try again later"

You misunderstood Grey. I was pointing out that despite the fact that I spend so much money, and that we hate not being able to play, I still love Turbine. Excellent game. Excellent company. We're waiting, and willing to continue to wait. I just love reverse-trolling people who are raging against Turbine.
    My bad. I didn't make it clear I was agreeing with you. Sorry about that.

I'm with you on the waiting. I've made similar comments all evening on this and another thread similar to it.

My intent was to show people how old school PnP players know three days of downtime is not that bad, and the wait is always worth it.

See? This is what happens when I come out of my corner of shame!

Community Member

Default or im fkn rich

Quote Originally Posted by Guindon View Post
    If you have invested 400 dollars a month then I would be very very surprised to see you walk, even if they didn't give you a damn cent. It would seem that if you are spending that kind of money on this game it must consume a large part of your life, and you are most likely addicted to it just as much as someone is addicted to coffee or cigarettes.

BUT, With all that said, even if they are down till Tuesday morning, its still not 3 days down on a long weekend. The game has only been down for 6 hours or so, So you had all day Saturday and most of Sunday to get your fix (my time anyways GMT-5). I hope for down the time to be covered and I am more than happy for that, because if they give me 2 days back i probably would have only played 4-6 hours in those two days, so I'm really getting a bonus. Its like getting a whole day of free movies at the movie theater because they cancelled the show i was going to....

On a side not I wish i had cameras in your house the day they cancel DDO. I would love to see you loose your **** because you lost all your virtual stuff. They money you spent was for entertainment(and i agree they should make right for time you couldn't play)... you are entertained at the moment, afterwards they owe you nothing.
    it could be what you said or I could be fkn rich

Community Member

Thumbs down Not happy

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We continue to work with our vendors to resolve the current issues. To prevent further frustrations to players who were logging in only to be disconnected, we have disabled the ability to log into the game for the time being. You may also find that attempts to ping or trace route during this time may fail.
    Ummm just curious but how is it a vendors fault if your launcher (which is your software) is not downloading...doesn't that make it your fault?

I have been waiting for 4-5 hours..I just TRed and relogged because of that darned zoom bug (you can't zoom out after logging into a few characters) and bang I'm stuck..I also reinstalled etc etc..I wish they had a page that was easy to find that explained what the heck was going on...cause this lot was down too...have to rely on 3rd parties to get any info...that is not very cool.

Can you please give us a darned estimate of when it will be fixed? Jeez what Customer Service teachers did you have? Don't you know you have to tell your customers something other than...we won't tell you, but it's not our fault...I mean jeez.

Quote Originally Posted by kerupted View Post
    off topic a bit.......

so what if some1 wants to skip 11 lvls of running with pugs, they might be testing a build that gets full play at lvl20-28. theres different kinds of players: get to cap ASAP, make a new toon everyday, stay capped and run raids for the rest of life, get back to lvl1 from 20 ASAP. i used a otto box to get thru a 2 lives i didnt want to learn on the toon i was playing, when i want to learn a class ill make that class to learn. its the VIP/P2P and all these nifty exp potions, otto/bigby boxes, that keep this a going game for the future VIP/P2P from F2P.

some ppl just buy a new car instead of spending the time to make one.

Spend a lot of time to save a little money, Spend a little money to save a lot of time, the choice is yours.
    Hello Storm Lord. How's Thelanis doing? My first server. Played there back when Legion got banned for forcing people to pass the renown to them in the chests. Anywho, you missed my followup post, when I mentioned I used 7 XP stones back to back to gain Completionist status. :P

I was almost ready to be impressed till you said 'Wayfinder'. Now I'm far from impressed. Playing on Wayfinder - a dead server - is like Goku training in the gravity chamber. You have no choice BUT to play solo, 9 out of 10 times. Learn to solo, move to another server, or quit the game. :P
    As long as you do not know anything from Wayfinder, go play where it is crowded and laggy.

Risk at least can fill a raid from within his guild. And you?

You misunderstood Grey. I was pointing out that despite the fact that I spend so much money, and that we hate not being able to play, I still love Turbine. Excellent game. Excellent company. We're waiting, and willing to continue to wait. I just love reverse-trolling people who are raging against Turbine.
    Whats that saying? You know love is blind? Doesn't your girlfriend/wife get you know jealous? Or are you both in love just not really with each other?

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeNoctu View Post
    Very well said.

Those who say they have free speech and the right to say whatever they want whenever they want are very misinformed. It went to the Supreme Court once that you do NOT have the right to shout "FIRE!!!" in a crowded theater. When you go to work for someone you voluntarily give up your right to free speech. And none of this has anything to do with Turbine being down but I am getting bored I guess and I really did want to get a chunk of that last 400K I needed to recap my Barb. I went from 25 to 26 in the first 6 days after the update and to 27 (400k short of 28) in the next 7. Dang it I was on a roll!!!...lol.

Community Member

it could be what you said or I could be fkn rich
    Maybe, but I'm going to go with my instincts.

Quote Originally Posted by Runeskald71 View Post
    We are having internets issues again, the Wild wild web has bucked us and we are trying to get back up on the horse. we can't point any fingers but someone that maintains the internet back bones that tells your puter how to find our puter has miss directed you to a place unexpected (such as the fugue plane or possibly shadovar). We think it is linked to the attempt to reactivate the Mythal from Undrentide....
    See what happens when you log out in the Forgotten Realms?

Quote Originally Posted by GreyBlaze View Post
    My bad. I didn't make it clear I was agreeing with you. Sorry about that.

I'm with you on the waiting. I've made similar comments all evening on this and another thread similar to it.

My intent was to show people how old school PnP players know three days of downtime is not that bad, and the wait is always worth it.

See? This is what happens when I come out of my corner of shame!
    Well get back in your corner! :P

Yeah, my longest pnp battle lasted 17 weeks. 17! just over 4 months long! And I was the DM! :'( On the upside, the barbarian snatched a magical earring out of the reward chest, and...

Barbarian: I put it on!!!

DM: You do?

Barbarian: YESH!!!

DM: Okay, roll a fortitude save.

Barbarian: What?

DM: Roll a fortitude save.

Barbarian: ... okay? ...

*Barbarian rolls a 2. Fails fortitude save.*

Barbarian: Uhm?

DM: You scream like a little girl and pass out from the pain of shoving an earring into your unpierced ear.

... THAT was a fun night!

Page 17 of 40 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast