Page 16 of 40 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Default More sing Along

How about, NO, No, No DDO, gently we get peeved, merrily, merrily this is not a dream.

uh

Quote Originally Posted by riskyraines View Post
    I think you should reroll your life...you quite obviously started this life with a 6 intel (half-orc) How does an ottos box make you play less? I still go back through and get the favor. Decidedly inconceivably maroonic petty officer
    He's right. The XP stone alone in the Otto box will jump you from lvl 8 to lvl 19.3, if you use all the max XP boosts. (50% pot, Voice, 5% XP shrine, VIP bonus, whatevs) So that's 11 levels worth of gaming he'll be skipping, 11 levels of gameplay he'll never experience. 11 levels of opportunities to meet new friends, have fun adventures solo or with friends or with random strangers or with hires. Heck, he could miss that one chance of meeting that one person who knows the meaning of 'his' life. So much possibility, wasted...

Quote Originally Posted by Guindon View Post
    I pay for the game, VIP for 2 years, and bought the updates. There hasn't been unscheduled down time for months, and they reimbursed us for that time. So your "investment" is safe.

I actually enjoy the down time. It allows me to come here and mess with upset people, =P
    I love this....it is so true, carry on ward.....LOL

If one spends 400$ in one month on this game what is 3 missing days smart guy?
    VIPs contrary to popular belief are NOT the players keeping this game afloat. They are typically transient players who aren't committed to this game. Few renew a VIP subscription after 1 year. In fact most of the premier players that I know are rent free VIPs . Which is a lot more expensive than vip is. So maybe think before you post there socrates
    I didn't realize I was in a minority. I've had a paid subscription, monthly, for several years now. Honestly, even with the problems they occasionally have, this is the only game I've ever paid a subscription for. I do it gladly, too, even when I don't have time to play for a week or more at a time due to real life.

Or is that another reason I'm not all the put out by this?

Quote Originally Posted by SchrödingersKat View Post
    If anyone on Khyber gets mad enough to quit can I have your stuff?
    Lmao! This thread is full of fun!

I call dibs on all the other servers! If anyone on any server BUT Khyber is quitting, can I have your stuff? I'm greedy! I want more! Gimmie!

There, I'm done now. Carry on, nothing to see here.

Look! A Pony!

Quote Originally Posted by grodon9999 View Post
    This game has been such an absurd grind that I’d rather stick my junk in a beehive than make another toon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    An expansion . .. with a set of packs for each plane to come out every month or two . . . it'll be like crack to Whitney Houston.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleTimb View Post
    I'll take you at your word that you don't have a problem with helping new players; clearly your problem is finding the ENTER key.

Pardon my childish response to your very sincere and thought out comments. But why can't rants be divided into manageable sized paragraphs? Is this written in the Internet rule book somewhere?
    Its deeply buried in a massive wall of text in the book.

If one spends 400$ in one month on this game what is 3 missing days smart guy?
    VIPs contrary to popular belief are NOT the players keeping this game afloat. They are typically transient players who aren't committed to this game. Few renew a VIP subscription after 1 year. In fact most of the premier players that I know are rent free VIPs . Which is a lot more expensive than vip is. So maybe think before you post there socrates
    I actually spend a few hundred bucks a month just on turbine points, and that's just for my account. Add in my wife's account, and Turbine is making money off of us. The 500 free monthly points just isn't enough for our style of play. So maybe you should think before you assume that just because someone's vip, they don't spend money. :P

Community Member

Default Um NO

Quote Originally Posted by ppsm09 View Post
    He's right. The XP stone alone in the Otto box will jump you from lvl 8 to lvl 19.3, if you use all the max XP boosts. (50% pot, Voice, 5% XP shrine, VIP bonus, whatevs) So that's 11 levels worth of gaming he'll be skipping, 11 levels of gameplay he'll never experience. 11 levels of opportunities to meet new friends, have fun adventures solo or with friends or with random strangers or with hires. Heck, he could miss that one chance of meeting that one person who knows the meaning of 'his' life. So much possibility, wasted...
    You obviously have never used an ottos box there noob....Yous till have to go back and get all the favor IE bank slots Bags etc...the slayer boosts only help you reach your goal faster, they don't take gaming away. With no slayer boost id run only 400 slayer with the boost I can get to 750 which is extra xp. Don't forget one still has 9 levels to go before 28 not to mention filling epic destiny trees so the box in no way takes away gaming time. Don't be foolish.

I'll take you at your word that you don't have a problem with helping new players; clearly your problem is finding the ENTER key.
    Enter Keys for sale 10as

I actually spend a few hundred bucks a month just on turbine points, and that's just for my account. Add in my wife's account, and Turbine is making money off of us. The 500 free monthly points just isn't enough for our style of play. So maybe you should think before you assume that just because someone's vip, they don't spend money. :P
    $15 a month, for two accounts. Me and my girlfriend. Total of $30 a month. That's money spent.

Still, not freaking out about a little downtime.

You know, I remember my old PnP days, when downtime was called weekdays. Or on the rare occasion, a month or more because someone went out of town.

Internet age kids. They don't know what downtime is.

Community Member

Default Where in any post did I say VIPs dont spend money?

learn to read before you repost Admiral smart guy

Community Member

Well the US is a free country (not really, but it is a nice sentiment) and within it you have the right to freedom of speech (not really either but that's also a nice sentiment), so you should be able to vent as outrageously as you want and say whatever you want (well within bounds and pc-ness and propriety and blah blah blah), even if you are not in the US actually.

By all means, do say whatever you feel like. That's your only connection to us who wander the forum halls in search of age old wisdom and fleeting bits of intellectual knowledge. It is not likely we will ever meet IRL. So your writing is all I will ever receive from you (read it and either remember it or discard it), so this should be your moment to shine and leave behind some hints of your true personality. At least this is free.

You want to defend Turbine? go ahead. You want to rant and express your anger? go ahead. At the very least, it will be entertaining and help past the time waiting for them to finally reboot the servers.

Pardon my childish response to your very sincere and thought out comments. But why can't rants be divided into manageable sized paragraphs? Is this written in the Internet rule book somewhere?
    Sorry, I have gotten lost in 'The Pit' and 'Coal Chamber' before too. Sometimes I just get lost...LOL.

Unhappy uhh

I wish this wouldn't happen on my days off....

You obviously have never used an ottos box there noob....Yous till have to go back and get all the favor IE bank slots Bags etc...the slayer boosts only help you reach your goal faster, they don't take gaming away. With no slayer boost id run only 400 slayer with the boost I can get to 750 which is extra xp. Don't forget one still has 9 levels to go before 28 not to mention filling epic destiny trees so the box in no way takes away gaming time. Don't be foolish.
    Prior to gaining Completionist, I used 7xp stones for my final 7 lives. It was fun. Wife and I gave each other a crapton of turbine points for Christmas. So we took advantage of it. And you know what? My rogue is the most fun character I've played in any mmo. Since then, I've gotten a few more past lives, without stones. And I have two more stones now. I think you missed some of the conversation from the other posts from other people. But go ahead and keep attacking me. ((Hey Turbine, my intim is working! Go ahead and focus on fixing the servers while I keep him distracted! Ha! Even rogues can tank!!!))

Default Does this have anything to do with why I couldnt buy points all week?

Desperately tried to give you money, but you wouldn't take it. Not a good business model.

Now center of a 3 day weekend, no game love.

Not good. After 8 years, I'd think beta would be over.

Community Member

Default Yes rogues can tank

Prior to gaining Completionist, I used 7xp stones for my final 7 lives. It was fun. Wife and I gave each other a crapton of turbine points for Christmas. So we took advantage of it. And you know what? My rogue is the most fun character I've played in any mmo. Since then, I've gotten a few more past lives, without stones. And I have two more stones now. I think you missed some of the conversation from the other posts from other people. But go ahead and keep attacking me. ((Hey Turbine, my intim is working! Go ahead and focus on fixing the servers while I keep him distracted! Ha! Even rogues can tank!!!))
    No doubt rogues can tank. Tanked stormreaver Ehard FOT 2x today before server crashes/ Risk Raines Lords of Legend Wayfinder. Akando with back up healz MY DOG !!

Quote Originally Posted by GreyBlaze View Post
    $15 a month, for two accounts. Me and my girlfriend. Total of $30 a month. That's money spent.

Still, not freaking out about a little downtime.

You know, I remember my old PnP days, when downtime was called weekdays. Or on the rare occasion, a month or more because someone went out of town.

Internet age kids. They don't know what downtime is.
    You misunderstood Grey. I was pointing out that despite the fact that I spend so much money, and that we hate not being able to play, I still love Turbine. Excellent game. Excellent company. We're waiting, and willing to continue to wait. I just love reverse-trolling people who are raging against Turbine.

Default In other words...

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We continue to work with our vendors to resolve the current issues. To prevent further frustrations to players who were logging in only to be disconnected, we have disabled the ability to log into the game for the time being. You may also find that attempts to ping or trace route during this time may fail.
    We are having internets issues again, the Wild wild web has bucked us and we are trying to get back up on the horse. we can't point any fingers but someone that maintains the internet back bones that tells your puter how to find our puter has miss directed you to a place unexpected (such as the fugue plane or possibly shadovar). We think it is linked to the attempt to reactivate the Mythal from Undrentide....
    Ohlanis: AA Virtuoso | Mortemiir: Longsword Kensai-Monk | Fudou: Greatsword Kensai | Hucklebarri: Cleric | Bucaroo: Artificer
    Of Khyber

Page 16 of 40 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast