Page 15 of 40 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Iann View Post
    You totally misunderstood what I said. I have no problem helping new players and in fact I often have and do. The people I have a serious problem with are not these people but the ones who whine and complain that Turbine sux and they should fix this and fix that and do it this way and do it that way and who almost always within a few sentences prove they understand nothing of the mechanics involved in the game. I am very easy going with people who are not constantly telling everybody how bad the game is and how bad turbine is and how Turbine is constantly messing them up personally. If someone has a problem with something I do not mind if they mention it, none at all, it is the people who will not shut up about it and say the same things over and over till you want to puke. I once joined a Hound and there was a jerk who talked the entire way to the quest about how poorly turbine was ran and how badly they did things and just rehashed it over and over and over even when people around him were busy trying to stay alive (cap was 16 then) this very rude jerk had an open mike so he could do his thing and not stop whining the whole time. Now if you want to run with people like this be my guest but I choose more adult company myself. Not to say I don't have friends who are teens who play. In facts some of the teens are much nicer than the 'so called' adults who constantly bytch and moan. I am not the kind of person who puts things in their LFM's that say no new players wanted. There plenty out there who do this and that is another type of group I avoid. I make mistakes just like any other human being and I don't get upset if someone makes one. I usually run with friends and guildies and so I don't usually have any problem finding a group for whatever Quest we want to run. There are some guilds out there I enjoy running with for the very reasons you mention. They are easy going and offer instruction to those new to a quest or raid. I have also joined groups where someone makes a mistake and heard people curse them soundly and even kick them from the group. If this happens I usually leave also I play to have fun and be with people who are there to have fun also. I am an adult I realize not everything will go my way. I understand that these people who make threats about leaving DDO probably are just blowing off steam and won't leave. I just understand that their childish words won't help get the game up one second faster and see no reason for their abuse, to turbine or to those who try to tell them they are not helping even a little bit. You want to say you are disgusted, you can't get your game fix, fine, say so and move along, being childish just proves you are childish, doesn't make you cool, doesn't impress anyone, just the opposite in fact. And by the way I am not saying you are any of those things, I just wish to clear up your apparent misunderstanding with my post.

I stand corrected sir, and take back any and all malicious statements made on my part towards you. Sorry i misunderstood.

Quote Originally Posted by riskyraines View Post
    FREE OTTO'S BOXES

That's the only thing that will keep me playing this game come 9/03/2013.
    So let me get this straight, you miss playing the game so much that the only thing that will make you happy after the subsequent downtime would be having the ability to not play the game some more.

Decidedly illogical Captain.

Quote Originally Posted by ppsm09 View Post
    *you're

And you're correct. If they want to whine and make idiots of themselves in front of people like me, then they should continue to do so. Heck, let's cheer them on. Bring on the nerd rage, and make sure it's inappropriately directed at Turbine, everyone! /cheer2
    What the hell are we suppose to read while we eat our popcorn?

Community Member

Default If i do get an ottos box you can have it

I'm an atheist. But I'm sincerely praying that they never give you an Otto box, sir. Good day.
    to whom should I send the box to? Buzz killington?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by AzB View Post
    So let me get this straight, you miss playing the game so much that the only thing that will make you happy after the subsequent downtime would be having the ability to not play the game some more.

Or perhaps that time that he lost not being able to quest, he potentially lost that much in XP by not being able to play.

Don't be so ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    What the hell are we suppose to read while we eat our popcorn?
    Read these! I wrote them. Cause I'm freaking awesome!

http://www.scribd.com/collections/3169817/Excerpts

Oh, hey, the corner of shame is calling again. *hangs head*

Quote Originally Posted by Guindon View Post
    I actually enjoy the down time. It allows me to come here and mess with upset people, =P
    I'm thinking of dubbing the term "Reverse-Trolling". What do you think? ^_^ It's a fantastic hobby, I'm quickly discovering!

~Does the Reverse-Troll dance!~

Quicklie, on Thelanis, if you would my good man.

Community Member RapkintheRanger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shawnvw View Post
    Yeah, I know, I'm not starving or homeless, should maintain my perspective, blah blah blah. But it's 9pm and there's nothing on TV. I only have one other game and I'm not sure I remember how to play it. So between now and bedtime sounds pretty deadly.
    sadly. i ended up doing work tonight
    cleaned my desk

filed ****

night all. see u tomorrow i hope

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shmuel View Post
    Its hard to thank someone for something they are not actually providing. My patience, especially with vague, one liner comments 4 hours after the issue was well known to us, about the game being down on a holiday weekend, is nil.

Give us a real ETA, a description of the problem and an explanation of what, exactly is being done about it.
    QFT

and, +1

Pity the US is a decaying banana republic.

Community Member

Default I think you need to reroll your life...

Quote Originally Posted by AzB View Post

I think you should reroll your life...you quite obviously started this life with a 6 intel (half-orc) How does an ottos box make you play less? I still go back through and get the favor. Decidedly inconceivably maroonic petty officer

guess i will give Star Wars: The Old Republic a go while DDo is back
    Ekcz - Retired Gimp ...

Oh, no no. He was implying that he'd quit playing if he didn't get an Otto box. Which is why I'm praying he doesn't get one. That would make my week, to see someone quit for not getting $60.00 worth of virtual merchandise for losing $1.50 worth of game time. ^_^

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by zados View Post
    or perhaps that time that he lost not being able to quest, he potentially lost that much in xp by not being able to play.

Don't be so ignorant.
    you got served !!

Again, as has been mentioned earlier in this thread, the last time this happened, Turbine - who had no reason to do this, and no responsibility to do this, according to the User Agreement WE clicked 'Accept' on - reimbursed those 3 days to our VIP accounts. F2P and Premiums did not lose anything. There will always be gaming days. There will always be days we cannot game, due to our own lives, or do to computers not being perfect. Complaining and attacking someone when they're down is a very childish thing. As I said before, if you don't like it, and it butt-hurts you spiritually so much, why don't you go try some other MMOs? There's plenty out there. Star Trek online, EverCrack (EverQuest), heck, even NeverWinter, which takes place in the Forgotten Realms (Dungeons & Dragons). Either way, I'm VIP, my wife is VIP, we love the game, and we support it. Even when we're upset we can't play. All you people who are attacking Turbine, you have to realize, whether you're VIP or F2P, Turbine makes their money off of this and other games. They want it working just as much as we do. They're going to have it fixed the moment it's possible. And also again, if you don't like it, please go find something else to play, that's more 'stable' and better suited to your wants and needs in life. Because this obviously is not it. Feel free to make room for players of higher quality personalities for my wife and I to play with. That is all.
    Well said!

Default Let's have a sing along

Hold the pickles, hold the lettuce, No DDO will upset us. All we ask is that us let play it today!

Community Member

Default Where Are The Servers Located ?

The only reason I can think of that DDO.COM is still up whilst TURBINE.COM is down, even though these two servers appear to be on the same IP Netblock, is that the they are physically in different datacenters. Would one or more Internet tech(s) with thoughts/data care to comment, please ?
    Michael "TheSneakster" Hobson
    Argonessan (Bringers of Darkness): Zenke (Wiz 26) - Ardaniel (Ranger 17) - Zhaneeka (Bard 20) - Benzakil (Arti 25)
    Khyber (Crusaders of Heaven): Melvynn (Bardcher 15) - Finwynn (Arti 25)

Community Member

Default 1.50 $ of game time to a VIP

Oh, no no. He was implying that he'd quit playing if he didn't get an Otto box. Which is why I'm praying he doesn't get one. That would make my week, to see someone quit for not getting $60.00 worth of virtual merchandise for losing $1.50 worth of game time. ^_^
    If one spends 400$ in one month on this game what is 3 missing days smart guy?
    VIPs contrary to popular belief are NOT the players keeping this game afloat. They are typically transient players who aren't committed to this game. Few renew a VIP subscription after 1 year. In fact most of the premier players that I know are rent free VIPs . Which is a lot more expensive than vip is. So maybe think before you post there socrates

Community Member Aspect_of_Wolf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tonowanda View Post
    oh well,maybe tomorrow theyll have the bugs sorted out and the hamsters back to work,calling it a day
    How come there is always maintenance or problems when I have free hours to kill. Last time I was home sick from work, maintenance. Now a three day weekend and problems. Timing sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Iann View Post
    You totally misunderstood what I said. I have no problem helping new players and in fact I often have and do. The people I have a serious problem with are not these people but the ones who whine and complain that Turbine sux and they should fix this and fix that and do it this way and do it that way and who almost always within a few sentences prove they understand nothing of the mechanics involved in the game. I am very easy going with people who are not constantly telling everybody how bad the game is and how bad turbine is and how Turbine is constantly messing them up personally. If someone has a problem with something I do not mind if they mention it, none at all, it is the people who will not shut up about it and say the same things over and over till you want to puke. I once joined a Hound and there was a jerk who talked the entire way to the quest about how poorly turbine was ran and how badly they did things and just rehashed it over and over and over even when people around him were busy trying to stay alive (cap was 16 then) this very rude jerk had an open mike so he could do his thing and not stop whining the whole time. Now if you want to run with people like this be my guest but I choose more adult company myself. Not to say I don't have friends who are teens who play. In facts some of the teens are much nicer than the 'so called' adults who constantly bytch and moan. I am not the kind of person who puts things in their LFM's that say no new players wanted. There plenty out there who do this and that is another type of group I avoid. I make mistakes just like any other human being and I don't get upset if someone makes one. I usually run with friends and guildies and so I don't usually have any problem finding a group for whatever Quest we want to run. There are some guilds out there I enjoy running with for the very reasons you mention. They are easy going and offer instruction to those new to a quest or raid. I have also joined groups where someone makes a mistake and heard people curse them soundly and even kick them from the group. If this happens I usually leave also I play to have fun and be with people who are there to have fun also. I am an adult I realize not everything will go my way. I understand that these people who make threats about leaving DDO probably are just blowing off steam and won't leave. I just understand that their childish words won't help get the game up one second faster and see no reason for their abuse, to turbine or to those who try to tell them they are not helping even a little bit. You want to say you are disgusted, you can't get your game fix, fine, say so and move along, being childish just proves you are childish, doesn't make you cool, doesn't impress anyone, just the opposite in fact. And by the way I am not saying you are any of those things, I just wish to clear up your apparent misunderstanding with my post.
    I'll take you at your word that you don't have a problem with helping new players; clearly your problem is finding the ENTER key.

Pardon my childish response to your very sincere and thought out comments. But why can't rants be divided into manageable sized paragraphs? Is this written in the Internet rule book somewhere?

Page 15 of 40 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast