Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Community Member

I find it humorous that people keep referring to the money they have "invested" in this game. This is entertainment, not an investment. If you think its an investment you really need to re-look at the way you spend/make money. Is going to the movie and investment? How about a few laps with a go cart? Its a fun way to spend your time, and when you are done, all you will have are good/bad memories.

Eventually this game is going to go under, and I'm curious to know if you expect turbine to mail you your Red Scale armor, and the Treads of fallen snow that you "invested" time and money into obtaining. That would be awesome.... but im not going to hold my breath, lol.

Exclamation

I am still haveing the issue were the launcher hangs at intstalling pre req.. here is a tracet to 74.201.102.13
    Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6002]
    Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>tracert 74.201.102.13

Tracing route to 74.201.102.13 over a maximum of 30 hops

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.1.1
    2 9 ms 9 ms 9 ms 96.120.1.13
    3 7 ms 9 ms 8 ms ge-2-1-sr01.gallup.nm.albuq.comcast.net [69.139.190.85]
    4 10 ms 12 ms 13 ms te-5-4-ar01.albuquerque.nm.albuq.comcast.net [68.86.182.109]
    5 31 ms 23 ms 23 ms te-0-0-0-12-cr01.denverqwest.co.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.91.5]
    6 22 ms 19 ms 19 ms he-3-12-0-0-cr01.denver.co.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.89.33]
    7 35 ms 35 ms 36 ms 68.86.87.186
    8 34 ms 33 ms 33 ms be-14-pe02.1950stemmons.tx.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.83.110]
    9 36 ms 35 ms 35 ms 66.208.229.170
    10 32 ms 33 ms 33 ms 0.xe-3-0-4.XL4.DFW7.ALTER.NET [152.63.96.81]
    11 * * * Request timed out.
    12 72 ms 72 ms 92 ms 0.xe-11-1-0.GW15.BOS4.ALTER.NET [152.63.21.46]
    13 72 ms 74 ms 72 ms internap-gw.customer.alter.net [152.179.134.214]
    14 72 ms 71 ms 71 ms border1.te7-1-bbnet1.bsn003.pnap.net [63.251.128.43]
    15 72 ms 73 ms 72 ms turbine-7.border1.bsn003.pnap.net [64.95.76.202]
    16 71 ms 71 ms 71 ms 74.201.102.106
    17 72 ms 73 ms 71 ms 74.201.102.166
    18 * * * Request timed out.
    19 * * * Request timed out.
    20 * * * Request timed out.
    21 * * * Request timed out.
    22 * * * Request timed out.
    23 * * * Request timed out.
    24 * * * Request timed out.
    25 * * * Request timed out.
    26 * * * Request timed out.
    27 * * * Request timed out.
    28 * * * Request timed out.
    29 * * * Request timed out.
    30 * * * Request timed out.

Trace complete.

C:\Windows\system32>
    i hope they get it fixed soon!
    William L. DeAemond

Community Member

Default No I dont get your point...When you pay for something you should get that item....

Quote Originally Posted by Guindon View Post
    You get the point so the analogy is valid.
    Your analogy Golf Clubs 1000$ worth Vs DDo $. The golf clubs aren't ever gone they are still in the garage for you to clean up and put the cozies on and at least look at. At no point is your investment taken from you. If someone borrowed your clubs without telling you...and you went to get them and they weren't there and you spent 1000$ on them. You would be concerned that you might have been robbed. This my friend is what you call a good analogy

Community Member

on the bright side almost done downloading GW2 again. guess turbine / WB will not be getting my month sub fee anymore.

Community Member

Default You sound like a f2p player lol

I find it humorous that people keep referring to the money they have "invested" in this game. This is entertainment, not an investment. If you think its an investment you really need to re-look at the way you spend/make money. Is going to the movie and investment? How about a few laps with a go cart? Its a fun way to spend your time, and when you are done, all you will have are good/bad memories.

Eventually this game is going to go under, and I'm curious to know if you expect turbine to mail you your Red Scale armor, and the Treads of fallen snow that you "invested" time and money into obtaining. That would be awesome.... but im not going to hold my breath, lol.
    the investing of money or capital for profitable returns.

Category: Business

a particular instance or mode of investing.

a thing invested in, as a business.

something that is invested; sum invested.

the act or fact of investing or state of being invested, as with a garment.

a devoting, using, or giving of time, talent, emotional energy, etc., as to achieve something.

any covering or outer layer, as of an animal or plant.

Category: Biology

the act of investing with a quality, attribute, etc.

investiture with an office, dignity, or right.

a siege or encirclement.

Category: Military

Archaic. a garment or vestment.

there ya go that's why we call it an investment...live it love it learn it

Cool Ah well!!!!

As we used to say in the nave, Chit Happens where computers are involved... and superior officers.

Take the time to talk with your family this weekend, or play with your dog... he probably misses you, lol.

Enjoy the weekend, guys.

Quote Originally Posted by pnpsince83 View Post
    for all those sticking up for turbine, you make me sick
    I'm with Iann, go play something else. If you don't like it, go away. No one wants to hear you whine. I love the game. I hate the downtime. Can't do anything about it, so waiting it out. You sir, deserve the best Blizzard Games has to offer you. GL in your future gaming experiences away from here. That is all.

Well if this isn't the straw that broke the camel's back. I love this game but Turbine you are like the evil child that whilst i know i should love, i no longer can. A buglist that is longer than my mortgage, constant lag and dc's, the massive gear nerf that is U19 add to that i have seen politicians be more open to their community then turbine of late and now we cant even play at all and we are hearing (indirectly mind you, as you just don't give us any information that we don't already know), that we are down for 3 days. Well i for one am over paying for it, there is nothing left but frustration here, no i wont leave forever (but my $$ are gone forever) and no i wont be going to another MMO (don't like any others), but you have lost 3 subscriptions along with the ridiculous amount of money we spent on points.
    The Arms Of Orien
    Dokalfar - Jhanjra - Khlaryssa - XiaNYdE - Tammin Burfoot
    In a way, we are magicians. We are alchemists, sorcerers and wizards. We are a very strange bunch. But there is great fun in being a wizard. -Billy Joel

It seems to me Turbine and the DDO forums are in the same state as The Good Old USA today. There are those who will complain and stand up for what is right, and those who are completely happy to let Turbine (The US Government) go ahead and do as they please and defend every action along the way! Lol yea I know a far fetched analogy maybe but you get my point! To those of you who are OK with your money being thrown out the window and forgiving Turbine for YET ANOTHER DOWNTIME I have a suggestion. Simply send your monthly payments or DDO store purchase money to me and I'll simply tell you hey **** happens sorry you didnt get your stuff and your game don't work

Quote Originally Posted by xianyde View Post
    well if this isn't the straw that broke the camel's back. I love this game but turbine you are like the evil child that whilst i know i should love, i no longer can. A buglist that is longer than my mortgage, constant lag and dc's, the massive gear nerf that is u19 add to that i have seen politicians be more open to their community then turbine of late and now we cant even play at all and we are hearing (indirectly mind you, as you just don't give us any information that we don't already know), that we are down for 3 days. Well i for one am over paying for it, there is nothing left but frustration here, no i wont leave forever (but my $$ are gone forever) and no i wont be going to another mmo (don't like any others), but you have lost 3 subscriptions along with the ridiculous amount of money we spent on points.
    amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto-Helix View Post
    If there truly is going to be downtime until the 3rd of September, I want a refund for those 3 days or it's fraud, plain and simple.

P.S - Gosh there are enough fanboi chops sticking up for Turbines ****-ups ......... go play in traffic.
    Fraud for what? There is no fraud at all ..........None period. when you signed up for ddo you signed an agreement that states that they are not responsible for quality of play or amount of play basically(im drunk so I don't know the correct terminology, lol)

You don't pay the monthly fee for uptime.
    Member of Mythical

Where the heck do I get Treads of Fallen Snow?!? That sounds incredibly awesome for my elven rogue!!!

~ Drools! ~

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by riskyraines View Post
    Your analogy Golf Clubs 1000$ worth Vs DDo $. The golf clubs aren't ever gone they are still in the garage for you to clean up and put the cozies on and at least look at. At no point is your investment taken from you. If someone borrowed your clubs without telling you...and you went to get them and they weren't there and you spent 1000$ on them. You would be concerned that you might have been robbed. This my friend is what you call a good analogy
    You understand, you are just too angry to agree. Maybe you should look at my post a few up above this one. Really both of our analogies are wrong, DDO is not an investment at all, its a game, and we all know its worth nothing when we quit/the game ends. Not sure what a better analogy would be, I'll have to think about it.

PS, I normally don't post much but I'll stick around cause i have nothing better to do, lol.

3 and a half hours with out ddo and counting I'm running out of distractions @_@.

Quote Originally Posted by ppsm09 View Post
    I'm with Iann, go play something else. If you don't like it, go away. No one wants to hear you whine. I love the game. I hate the downtime. Can't do anything about it, so waiting it out. You sir, deserve the best Blizzard Games has to offer you. GL in your future gaming experiences away from here. That is all.
    WoW sucks, and frankly if any of the ppl here deserve WoW it's those of you who are ok with losing two days of something you payed for......now if you don't pay I understand why youre not bothered, even more remember those of us who do pay are the reason you don't have to

Community Member

Default Woops!!!

I just lessered my monk into a monkcher then i used adrenaline, many shot, and a slayer arrow, i hit the launcher for 8,494. Sorry guys it was unintentional and i hope they can fix that but then again i used pin soon after =[

Community Member

I suggest everyone that's whining about Turbine go play an NCSoft game for awhile... until they close it unceremoniously and leave you completely hanging. All MMOs have problems. It's the nature of the beast. Trust me, it could be a WHOLE lot worse.

Default Facebook feed

Dungeons & Dragons Online

about a minute ago.

We continue to work with our vendors to resolve the current issues. To prevent further frustrations to players who were logging in only to be disconnected, we have disabled the ability to log into the game for the time being. You may also find that attempts to ping or trace route during this time may fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I drove down to Mass to see what was really taking so long and was amazed at what I saw. I took a picture and apparently the hamsters have waged war against Turbine. they are demanding better wheels before they go back to work. its pretty intense down there right now.
    Are they fighting to get rid of Hamster Wheels with ball bearings?

Floating magnetic bearings, almost no friction. Smoother operation ---> less down time.

Quote Originally Posted by pnpsince83 View Post
    It seems to me Turbine and the DDO forums are in the same state as The Good Old USA today. There are those who will complain and stand up for what is right, and those who are completely happy to let Turbine (The US Government) go ahead and do as they please and defend every action along the way! Lol yea I know a far fetched analogy maybe but you get my point! To those of you who are OK with your money being thrown out the window and forgiving Turbine for YET ANOTHER DOWNTIME I have a suggestion. Simply send your monthly payments or DDO store purchase money to me and I'll simply tell you hey **** happens sorry you didnt get your stuff and your game don't work
    FYI: The massive amount of money I am out over a three day outage is a staggering $1.50.

Read that again. $1.50. For 3 days.

Now, you may consider that a rage worthy amount of money, but I really don't. Not when gas is $3.50 a gallon, and bread is $2.50 a loaf.

In other words, I spend twice that all the time, for something that provides me a great deal less enjoyment. Calm down, get a grip, find some perspective, and deal with the mishaps of living in the internet age. Your rage is wildly out of proportion to the actual event.

Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast