Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Angry Time to Change Service Provider

It's becoming quite obvious that the current Service Provider can't handle problems on their end. It's High Time to cut them out of the profit sharing and make a switch to one that can handle the multitude of player's without any hitches. Don't give into their demands, we pay enough as it is. This seems to occur every time a US Holiday comes around, what gives???

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Woot! Spoke too soon, was able to get to the launcher. Progress?
    Nope, Nothing...

I can get to launcher also. still getting stopped at Installing Pre-reqs.

Quote Originally Posted by enochiancub View Post
    Maybe it's a language barrier issue, but why would we need be reimbursed for this?
    If you are VIP we are technically paying for time to play and we can't play. Therefore they have to reimburse us something or extend our VIP subscription for the time we cannot get on.

Community Member

We are working with our provider to mitigate an external connection issue that is preventing some players from logging in. Thanks for your patience!
    This is a funny response guys. We know there is an issue already and its nice to know your working on it however if this were a game like LoL we would know exactly what is going on and when to expect the issue to be fixed. Do you guys literally not care about your players or are you guys joking with us by giving us this response? In the last 2 months i have seen a decline in players in my server and i'm sure this is a good reason why. We would like to respect you guys as a solid team that cares about us as players, you guys would have no jobs without us and to be honest yes your game is a free to play game however im sure since your player base is generally older aged players somewhere down the line they have spent money in the game such as myself and all we ask for in return is more details on issues such as these that may come up since these are unexpected for you and all of us im sure. To much to ask for a detailed response? For example look at the response i have left for your response. It is detailed in showing my point and its giving you information on how me and 100s of other players probably feel right now. I've literally only took 2 minutes out of my time to write a paragraph explaining my feelings on the issue yet you guys took 2 seconds to write a petty sentence that gives us nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by jalont View Post
    erm, both facebook and twitter were updated... and the response was posted 100 times on these forums. What are you talking about?
    Oh you mean the one 3 hours ago that said there was an issue. I was under the impression there was some kind of update. Seeing as they weren't able to access the forums during that entire time, I can see why a 3 hour old message would suffice. Especially if they were trying hard to get an update out to everyone but just couldn't get to the forums. I'm sure twitter and facebook were not reachable that whole time too.

And yes, that's heavy sarcasm.

Community Member

Default You can bet

your sweet sasafrass this is in their megabuck contracts...Us peasents wont see a bit of it..
    that is all..
    yours truly
    a discruntled vip

Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    If this is indeed an issue with another provider, it is time to renegotiate the contract adding a interruption of service for <X> amount of time fines or find another provider. Even though it may not be directly Turbines fault, Turbine's reputation is the one taking the hit.

Community Member LucasMacKinnon's Avatar

well at least it's progress. don't know how well of progress, but it's progress

Quote Originally Posted by kwbonin View Post
    I can get in. Stays stuck at the launcher screen saying "Installing Pre_Reqs".
    Can't. I can't get in...
    Thanks,
    Bachlagore

Quote Originally Posted by RedDw4rf View Post
    If you are VIP we are technically paying for time to play and we can't play. Therefore they have to reimburse us something or extend our VIP subscription for the time we cannot get on.
    Well, do a quick number crunch. Where would like the 6cents cheque mailed?

Community Member

Default I'm paying for this?

I usually don't post, but I am really getting fed up with all the issues. I've been a paid subscriber for about 3 years now and I don't see any real progress in quality control. New changes, content, and loot is all cool. However,the seriousness of the breaks, for example - 15 heroic VoNs / 1 epic; app crashes mutilple times a day after last update (before maybe once a week). How about the silly airship exit dialog still appearing? I am seriouly debating my future with DDO.

Community Member

We are working with our provider to mitigate an external connection issue that is preventing some players from logging in. Thanks for your patience!
    I know one thing, i am vip and would like my LR timer to be reset now instead of 6 more days then i'll be happy.

Sorry, clarity fail on my part. I should have said, "Woot! I am now able to get to the system that allows me to post a message to the launcher news feed, and have now done so."
    Last edited by Cordovan; 09-01-2013 at 08:35 PM.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Community Member

Unhappy ty ty

Quote Originally Posted by Chaimberland View Post
    I don't do either of these (face book or twitter). I was on earlier today but now can't get past loading pre-reqs. I've been playing this game for a long time now and have always defended it. But I must admit that the quality seems to be getting worse. Can't log in, quests being broken, a mountain of bugs. Remind me again what I'm paying for?
    my boyfriends been on facebook via twitter

Unhappy

Humm... At least the downtime can enjoy the +2 weekend =(

Quote Originally Posted by BOgre View Post
    Well, do a quick number crunch. Where would like the 6cents cheque mailed?
    Did you come up with that on your own?

Community Member

i am having problems logging in from australia, hope that they get resolved quickly.

Default Still no DDO in Denver

Not here as of 7:28 Mt. Doooooooom
    Kahzadoom~Xzr~Irondoom~Doomlord~XvKing DoomHammer~
    Xoriat Born~Doompriest~Doom~DoomTusk~Legion of Doom~Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rynehawk View Post
    Oh you mean the one 3 hours ago that said there was an issue. I was under the impression there was some kind of update. Seeing as they weren't able to access the forums during that entire time, I can see why a 3 hour old message would suffice. Especially if they were trying hard to get an update out to everyone but just couldn't get to the forums. I'm sure twitter and facebook were not reachable that whole time too.

And yes, that's heavy sarcasm.
    I don't understand what type of update you're looking for. They've already said it's an outside problem and they are waiting for the outside people to fix the outside problem. What were you expecting, the exact same comment with a fresher timestamp?

Community Member

Unhappy WoW is UP & Jammin

Quote Originally Posted by jalont View Post
    This is incorrect, since the early August problems were experienced by a wide-variety of MMO players, including those from WOW. Unless you're claiming some vast conspiracy that Turbine owns WOW (which honestly, from what I've been seeing from some people here today, you may ACTUALLY BE claiming this), then the early August problems had nothing to do with Turbine, but something internet-wide.
    This is becoming the standard for US Holiday weekends

Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast