Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Community Manager

Default Login and Launcher Issues: September 2nd, 2013 Last Updated 1:42 PM Eastern

UPDATE 2:16 PM Eastern: The game worlds have reopened! Thank you for your patience, and we'll see you in-game.

UPDATED
    : We continue to work with our vendors to resolve the current issues. Web services are beginning to be restored fully, but in the event that you have difficulty accessing the site we recommend visiting the official Facebook page for updates.

Work continues and we will update as more services are restored. Thanks for your patience!
    Last edited by Cordovan; 09-02-2013 at 02:17 PM.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Thank you for acknowledging on your official forums.

Good luck. And tell them to put down the chicken leg, and fix it!

Default Glad I am not the only One...

Glad I am not the only one trying to get on. The launcher gets to installing pre-reqs and stops. any clue as to when this will be handled? My son in Ohio is having the same issue

This implies that some people are able to get in. How?

Quote Originally Posted by geoffhanna View Post
    Indeed, I'm surprised as well.
    The exact trap DCs in EE HH, A guide for DDO-ML, Unknown Heroes: 3rd place, TR Cache Button, Loot Design, Welcome to Orien: /joinchannel Titan
    Quote Originally Posted by Certon View Post
    This is the most perfect suggestion in the history of suggestions, and it is full of upsides for both players and servers.

Quote Originally Posted by geoffhanna View Post
    If the problem is with their ISP, I would assume Turbine uses mutliple ISPs in order to provide redundancy. It is likely that some people would, by default, use the other ISP. Unfortunately, like most systems designed to provide high availability, it only really fails over-reliably when one completely dies.

And, before someone asks, turning off the problem ISP is not as simple as it sounds.
    Bogenbroom's DDO Wishlist.......Tolero's guide to actionable feedback
    Bogenbroom's legion... 83 characters, 3 accounts, and 1 irate wife.

Community Member

Red face ????

Quote Originally Posted by Bogenbroom View Post
    If the problem is with their ISP, I would assume Turbine uses mutliple ISPs in order to provide redundancy. It is likely that some people would, by default, use the other ISP. Unfortunately, like most systems designed to provide high availability, it only really fails over-reliably when one completely dies.

And, before someone asks, turning off the problem ISP is not as simple as it sounds.
    can I use ur telescope?

2016 DDO Players Council Stoner81's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RotR View Post
    Glad I am not the only one trying to get on. The launcher gets to installing pre-reqs and stops. any clue as to when this will be handled? My son in Ohio is having the same issue
    I'm in the UK so this is worldwide and will take a while to fix (I dare say) so I would not expect to be playing for the next 6-12 hours probably longer with it being a bank holiday weekend. If it comes back sooner then awesome but I am certainly not expecting a quick fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Shmuel View Post
    Give us a real ETA, a description of the problem and an explanation of what, exactly is being done about it.
    LOL this sort of thing takes a lot of time to fix be patient. Yes it's frustrating (myself included) but there is nothing we can do about it.

Stoner81.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoner81 View Post
    I'm in the UK so this is worldwide and will take a while to fix (I dare say) so I would not expect to be playing for the next 6-12 hours probably longer with it being a bank holiday weekend. If it comes back sooner then awesome but I am certainly not expecting a quick fix.

Stoner81.
    same status here going to bed...
    Argonnessen: Hilmir - Purkilius - Jinu - Vignir @ Blood Assassin´s

Community Member

any clue as to when this will be handled?
    Read the OP. he said they are working on it. In other words, it is being handled.

Community Member Aspect_of_Wolf's Avatar

My son in Ohio is having the same issue
    He's not the only one in Ohio having this problem. No work tomorrow and planned to have a good gaming night, but I can flush that idea.

Community Member

you do know they explained that it is going on world wide right?

Past the pre req stage, now getting this error message:
    Failed to read authentication response[err:unexpected end of file][line:1][col:1]
    ne one know what this means?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sregis-Quickfoot View Post
    Past the pre req stage, now getting this error message:
    Fialed to read authentication response[err:unexpected end of file][line:1][col:1]
    ne one know what this means?
    This is what you get when the logon server is down. I'm sure they've taken it down for the time being, and this isn't related to the actual problem.

Sometimes doo doo happens. No reason to rage but I am starting to understand the point some folks are making about communication. Copy/Pasting the same statement every few hours and calling it an update is not terribly impressive customer service.

That said, take a look at it from Turbine's perspective. If you ever went on a road trip with your folks as a kid did asking "are we there yet" ever get you to your destination any faster? Well maybe if you ****ed your dad off and he put his right foot on the floor, but other than that not likely.
    Dontbleed----Velvetelvis----Bleedout----Whatsina
    Synergia
    Argo

Community Member

WOW.... I thought I was the only one. I had problems for 2 days and I just started to redownload DDO. Sad part is my boyfriend was able to get on DDO with no problems, ugh, some people just have all the luck.

The true turbine haters are not raging over this they are dancing a jig of joy..........people raging over stuff in DDO can be annoying, and if your in love with turbine I guess it can be very upsetting to read all these people complaining and dissing your beloved but I think well at least they *care* *like* the game enough to get all worked up over it being off line, or having bugs, or lag. When we *don't* see posts complaining or raging then I would be really really worried because that would mean the end is nigh..............DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

Community Member HernandoCortez's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    The true turbine haters are not raging over this they are dancing a jig of joy..........people raging over stuff in DDO can be annoying, and if your in love with turbine I guess it can be very upsetting to read all these people complaining and dissing your beloved but I think well at least they *care* *like* the game enough to get all worked up over it being off line, or having bugs, or lag. When we *don't* see posts complaining or raging then I would be really really worried because that would mean the end is nigh..............DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!
    Troo Turbine Haters and Troo Turbine Fanbois are all busy right now playing the game.
    EXTREME PREJUDICE™ - by Turbine.
    GHOSTBANE™ - by Turbine.
    LMAO! M...D...? Seriously? - You have received an infraction...

Meridia Suburb of Stormreach, Xen'Drik. But have a vacation home in Cordova, Tennessee

Thanks for the update!

I'll start drinking now and hopefully the servers will be back on before I'm so sauced I become non-kosher.
    -Khyber- Loreseekers, Guild Leader
    Hordorabbi ~ Hordiva ~ Hordazzle ~ Hordorc ~ Hordeau ~ And dozens of other HordoToons™!
    High Rabbi of DDO
    Loreseekers Guild ~ H.o.r.d.o.'s How-To Guides @Loreseekers

Community Member

ty. been over an hour so far. had issues buying in the store things. then game crashed and cant get back in. had to bbq for family anyways. but itching to get back in

lol. lol. lol guess can't play lotro eigther. must be all turbine..

world of tanks it is till up. or a bit more wurm online.

taking a break from other games to re try ddo. and loving every min of it.
    Last edited by validate; 09-01-2013 at 09:06 PM.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast