Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by enochiancub View Post
    Maybe it's a language barrier issue, but why would we need be reimbursed for this?
    Because people that pay monthly or annually for full access (VIP players) don't get the service they are paying for when DDO is down.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by mons View Post
    I don't expect a response from Turbine but isn't it kinda obvious that YOUR provider is the common denominator for these issues that have been occurring since the beginning of August? Will all this downtime over that period be reimbursed to those of us affected?
    This is incorrect, since the early August problems were experienced by a wide-variety of MMO players, including those from WOW. Unless you're claiming some vast conspiracy that Turbine owns WOW (which honestly, from what I've been seeing from some people here today, you may ACTUALLY BE claiming this), then the early August problems had nothing to do with Turbine, but something internet-wide.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    FYI: We apologize for the late notification of the forums, but until recently we have been unable to log into our admin accounts on the forums because of the issues being experienced. This same issue currently prevents us from updating the launcher as well.

Since our ability to keep people informed through the forums may be impacted, please make sure to get the latest information on Facebook and Twitter. No account or sign-up is required in order to view these messages. Thanks!
    I don't do either of these (face book or twitter). I was on earlier today but now can't get past loading pre-reqs. I've been playing this game for a long time now and have always defended it. But I must admit that the quality seems to be getting worse. Can't log in, quests being broken, a mountain of bugs. Remind me again what I'm paying for?

Hero

If this is indeed an issue with another provider, it is time to renegotiate the contract adding a interruption of service for <X> amount of time fines or find another provider. Even though it may not be directly Turbines fault, Turbine's reputation is the one taking the hit.

Quote Originally Posted by enochiancub View Post
    Maybe it's a language barrier issue, but why would we need be reimbursed for this?
    Because some of us are actual paying customers? Oh, did I say that out loud?

Quote Originally Posted by geoffhanna View Post
    This implies that some people are able to get in. How?
    If the problem is with their ISP, I would assume Turbine uses mutliple ISPs in order to provide redundancy. It is likely that some people would, by default, use the other ISP. Unfortunately, like most systems designed to provide high availability, it only really fails over-reliably when one completely dies.

And, before someone asks, turning off the problem ISP is not as simple as it sounds.
    Bogenbroom's DDO Wishlist.......Tolero's guide to actionable feedback
    Bogenbroom's legion... 83 characters, 3 accounts, and 1 irate wife.

FYI: We apologize for the late notification of the forums, but until recently we have been unable to log into our admin accounts on the forums because of the issues being experienced. This same issue currently prevents us from updating the launcher as well.

Since our ability to keep people informed through the forums may be impacted, please make sure to get the latest information on Facebook and Twitter. No account or sign-up is required in order to view these messages. Thanks!
    Not to be rude, but there hasn't been an update there either so I'm not ready to buy the reasoning.

Ummmm...wow!

Community Member

Don't worry fellas, Turbine is very well on their way to fixing these issues. I reckon they'll be giving out compensation for the time it went down, as for the compensations we can only speculate but I'm guessing another +2 loot weekend

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rynehawk View Post
    Not to be rude, but there hasn't been an update there either so I'm not ready to buy the reasoning.
    erm, both facebook and twitter were updated... and the response was posted 100 times on these forums. What are you talking about?

Woot! Spoke too soon, was able to get to the launcher. Progress?
    Nothing that is visible from here. Still stuck at "Installing Pre-Reqs".

Default Thanks...

Hope this gets worked out soon! Glad you finally acknowledged there was an issue on public forums.

Community Member

Heh, no luck .... still hanging on installing pre-reqs ...

Community Member

Angry blah blah blah fix it

no such luck still down did the launch of shadowfell mess it up that bad

In Michigan, USA. Still unable to login.

Wow several hours later and still nothing, wonder if someone did a D.O.S. on them or something. I was on a game,can't remember which one and it was brought down from some jerk hacker that did a D.O.S. and they had to work to get it back up.

nope still broken keep trying though don't give up!!!
    "Do not meddle in the affairs of cats for they are vengeful and will pee on your keyboard"

I can get in. Stays stuck at the launcher screen saying "Installing Pre_Reqs".
    Thanks,
    Bachlagore

Default Thx........well sort of

Thx for an update, kind of an update anyway. Maybe some details? Like what exactly is the problem? Why didn't you have a back up plan in case this problem ever arose? How long do you anticipate this to last? Will you be giving some sort of reimbursement? Do you appreciate those who pay for your game or do you figure "eh heck with it. They'll just deal with what we tell em"? Ok the last one was a sorta cheap shot but some of us don't always get to play and to ruin a holiday weekend stings, ya dig?

I really would like to know how could a +2 loot bonus compensate for people who like to TR.
    Last week I lost hours of gameplay and when the game finally came back I couldn't use chest items due to ML. Not everyone is stuck on epic levels.
    --Cannith Player--

Main toon: Kyshara of All Trades (current 25th life - completionist/epic completionist) - Shadar-kai Wizard 15 FvS 3 Monk 2 (Getting SK PLs -_-)

FvS, I will be back soon

My EE FvS build: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...S-Caster-Build

Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast