Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 57
  1. #1
    Community Member garynash7070's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    132

    Default PSA--- Servers are down confirmed by Turbine Customer Support

    I have confirmed with Turbine Customer Report that the Servers are down. That is why nobody can log in and are stuck at various points. They assured me that they are working on it.

    Thought you guys would like to know.
    Krylor----Lauralinn----Thorriin----Hunii----Ciinder----Holdiin----Leader of Templar on Cannith

    " You are not only yourself but everyone and everything around you!"

  2. #2
    Community Member kittiara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    51

    Default

    Thanks for the heads up. But I am still banging my head on the wall I want to play and I want to play NOW!! lol
    "Do not meddle in the affairs of cats for they are vengeful and will pee on your keyboard"

  3. #3
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    90

    Default

    Thanks for this!

  4. #4
    Community Member garynash7070's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    132

    Default Your are welcome...

    I awoke on this long weekend to a corrupted computer, had to restore to factory then started reinstalling DDO. It was finally done and I get stuck at "installing pre-reqs". So after say 45 minutes of this, I called Turbine. Hope we can play soon.
    Krylor----Lauralinn----Thorriin----Hunii----Ciinder----Holdiin----Leader of Templar on Cannith

    " You are not only yourself but everyone and everything around you!"

  5. #5
    Community Member Zillee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    348

    Default

    Thanks!

  6. #6
    Community Member Hendrik's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Bell's Brewery, MI.
    Posts
    10,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by garynash7070 View Post
    I awoke on this long weekend to a corrupted computer, had to restore to factory then started reinstalling DDO. It was finally done and I get stuck at "installing pre-reqs". So after say 45 minutes of this, I called Turbine. Hope we can play soon.
    Thank you for making the phone call and posting the information!

    /respect

    Quote Originally Posted by hsinclair
    I heard the devs hate all wizards, bards, clerics, fighters, and fuzzy bunnies and only want us to play halfling barbarian/paladin shuriken specialists!

    It's totally true, I have a reliable source. You better reroll now.
    Adventurer, Bug Reporter, Mournlander.

  7. #7
    Community Member LXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    86

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by garynash7070 View Post
    I have confirmed with Turbine Customer Report that the Servers are down. That is why nobody can log in and are stuck at various points. They assured me that they are working on it.

    Thought you guys would like to know.
    Definetely. Thanks for investigating and sharing the info. Thumbs up!

  8. #8
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member
    MeliCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,199

    Default

    Why haven't they said anything yet here or in fb? Apparently they've confirmed on twitter too. (But I don't use twitter).
    ~Thelanis ~ Khyber ~

  9. #9
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Thank you!

  10. #10
    Community Member drgsldr69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Marseilles, Illinois
    Posts
    199

    Default

    Thanks for hte info. I logged out to return a couple movies and wentot log back in and BAM initaling pre-reqs stuck on my screen. was getting ready o uninstall and reupdate it AGAIN. Glad I didnt and checked the forums first lol

  11. #11
    Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Krelar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MeliCat View Post
    Why haven't they said anything yet here or in fb? Apparently they've confirmed on twitter too. (But I don't use twitter).
    Ummm.. they posted it on facebook 20 minutes before you posted? (Still nothing here though)

  12. #12
    Community Member LXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    86

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MeliCat View Post
    Why haven't they said anything yet here or in fb? Apparently they've confirmed on twitter too. (But I don't use twitter).
    Simple enough - I figure they're currently working their butts off to diagnose the problem and find a solution. Which involves gathering the competent people, on a sunday, getting an overview of the situation, analysing data and a lot more.

  13. #13
    Community Member Psiandron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    I'm right here.
    Posts
    1,153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LXP View Post
    Simple enough - I figure they're currently working their butts off to diagnose the problem and find a solution. Which involves gathering the competent people, on a sunday, getting an overview of the situation, analysing data and a lot more.

    I figure that currently someone may be driving back from the cape, or wherever they were for the weekend so that they can 'take a look at it.'
    Quote Originally Posted by MalkavianX View Post
    and then dropped it like a burning kitten

  14. #14
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LXP View Post
    Simple enough - I figure they're currently working their butts off to diagnose the problem and find a solution. Which involves gathering the competent people, on a sunday, getting an overview of the situation, analysing data and a lot more.
    Network issue not really a server issue. DDO is pretty good about tweeting when things go badly. No follow up (not much anyway) but you can get the skinny on what's up.

  15. #15
    Community Member Philibusta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    'Murica!
    Posts
    1,005

    Default

    Bummer. Was just getting ready to fire up the game - then decided to do a quick forum check first.

    Ah well - I'm sure Turbine is working hard on resolving the issue so we can all get back to mashing kobolds. The circumstances kinda suck (for us AND for the Turbine staff who have to come in on a holiday-freakin-weekend to fix this) but I applaud and appreciate their efforts in getting us back up and running ASAP.

    Also thanks to the OP for posting here on the forums about it. Heh saved me the time of trying to log in.

    Hopefully they can get the issue solved soon so they can go back to their weekend and we can go back to monster-mashing.

    Till then....Angry Birds!
    All that is wrong with DDO, life, taxes, poltics, religion, music, fast food, education, the criminal justice system, the weather, society, the universe, and previously-discontinued-but-now-on-their-way-back snack cakes, is all the fault of Wizards of the Coast. I know this because Fred told me so, and Mind Flayers are smart.

  16. #16
    Community Member FranOhmsford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Staffs, England
    Posts
    9,272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LXP View Post
    Simple enough - I figure they're currently working their butts off to diagnose the problem and find a solution. Which involves gathering the competent people, on a sunday, getting an overview of the situation, analysing data and a lot more.
    So why on Earth can't the guy/gal who posted on Twitter also Post a Dev Thread Here?

    The DDOForums!!!

    Come on Turbine!

    I for one will NEVER use Twitter and FB is simply for keeping in touch with Friends/Extended Family!

  17. #17
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    I for one will NEVER use Twitter and FB is simply for keeping in touch with Friends/Extended Family!
    Twitter? What's that? That dance that Miley Cyrus was doing on TV?

    Man, I get an opportunity to bust out some levels & BAMM

  18. #18
    Community Member LXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    86

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by woodslord View Post
    Network issue not really a server issue. DDO is pretty good about tweeting when things go badly. No follow up (not much anyway) but you can get the skinny on what's up.
    Yeah, I'm aware of that. Which might mean they'll have to involve their provider, which would lengthen the process.

  19. #19
    Community Member LXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    86

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    So why on Earth can't the guy/gal who posted on Twitter also Post a Dev Thread Here?

    The DDOForums!!!

    Come on Turbine!

    I for one will NEVER use Twitter and FB is simply for keeping in touch with Friends/Extended Family!
    Maybe because she or he is busy with tackling the problem? Is that even so important after all?

    Thanks to the OP, everyone here now knows what the situation is, and that's what counts, imho. Details on what caused the problem still might be unavailable, because not yet diagnosed.
    Last edited by LXP; 09-01-2013 at 06:00 PM.

  20. #20
    Community Member LXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    86

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HedgeHogShadow View Post
    Twitter? What's that? That dance that Miley Cyrus was doing on TV?
    That one deserves a ROFLMAO!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload