Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast
    Community Member

[QUOTE=Wardzide;5086640]

With the new loading, it seems that the game needs to redownload stuff for 5-10 min once each 2 or 3 loggins, AND I need a 2nd load each "first-time" per day. Whats up with that? And now it just crashed.

This happens to me all the time too when I try to load the game. I wish Turbine would invest more into making their product run better. Perhaps situations like now could be minimized or avoided.

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by snook59 View Post
    Has anyone from Turbine posted anything about this yet? Can you please link me to it? As you can see I am one lazy #%$. lol, well It might work.
    Not here on the forums, solely on their Facebook and Twitter accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by 2pleasegimmie View Post
    Try RIFT - went ftp, but you get the full game (no xpac BS), and the class system is pretty unique. World is beautiful, and they do regular updates, hotfixes, etc. Team is dedicated and has good ideas. Might not be your cup of tea in the end, but it's great for logging on, getting into something fast, getting stuff done, and logging off timely for dinner, etc.
    Or maybe Sherwood Dungeon. It's about as quick and brainless... erm, painless... as an MMO can get.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Community Member

Default Feh

Was playing all day today just fine.
    Then, on Teamspeak, guildie after guildie said they couldn't log in. I was still playing, runnin around killin' thangs, and of course, as I proceeded to take out that green dragon in kings forest faster than I ever had before. I dc'd.

LOL

Ah well.

Hope they sort it out soon.

Community Member

Unhappy Glad I'm not alone!

Was beginning to wonder if it was just me and a bad connection or something.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by pnpsince83 View Post
    I dont get the backlash against those of us who are a bit ****ed? Some of us pay cash and expect to be able to play when we want, especially on a HOLIDAY weekend. Yes whining wont fix the problem, but surely this is still America where I have the right to expect to get what I pay for no? I truly dont care if its their fault or not! Its THEM who gladly accept our money and it best damn well be THEM who get off their asses and fix the problems wether it's their fault or not is irrelevant. Take my money? It's ur fault! After all can I call their ISP and *****? NO I cant.
    HOnestly? Because it's annoying. No one said you didn't have a right to do anything. But it takes a special kind of person to get overly upset and then rationalize their behavior by pointing to unreasonable expectations. We all know the type, and we all try to stay away from those types of people in real life. It's harder to do here.

And in case you aren't just a drama queen with unreasonable expectations, I'll give you a hint. Technology doesn't work the way you think it does. DDO has very few non-update related down times compared to other MMOs. It's just the nature of the business. If this upsets you so, I don't think MMOs are the place for you, because you clearly can't handle something that happens quite frequently.

Community Member LucasMacKinnon's Avatar

I was planning on farming for some +4 and 5 tomes while we had a loot bonus going on. It just gets very frustrating that over the course of the past month it has been nothing but lag, bugs, 2 hot fixes, Old bugs from more then a year ago making a come back. Yet none of it really is fixed. It just boggles the mind. Honestly if there was this much incompetence on a job with me someone would be fired, or a whole crew would be fired. With DDO all we get is Please be patient with us as we work to resolve the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by kittiara View Post
    Hey now it is our god given right to act like little babies and whine like immature brats so there!!!! :P
    ...hey you already got you cheese to your whine

Quote Originally Posted by Psiandron View Post
    I don't agree.

Whining and complaining and reading other people's whining and complaining helps me a lot. It passes the time and makes me laugh.

And they can log in to the website whenever they choose. They have smart phones (I'm reliably sure of this) and could log in to this website just as we can and post up a storm, just as we can.
    ... however you are right, can I server some more? I guess I still have some spare cheese
    * We have collectable bags, hell even hireling folders, but can I have that 6-pack for my potions please?
    * Having already a past life on the dieng EU servers, I rerolled here and started from scratch as I like the game and the community, so lets see what awaits me here

Quote Originally Posted by GreyBlaze View Post
    Even though it actually isn't their fault this time?
    It never is their fault, is it?

Alas I have been a DDO addict for 7 years I wont leave the game they will have to pry this mouse out of my cold dead hands before I quit!!!! But I still hate waiting!!!
    I feel the same way. But your comment made my fingers cold. Does Razer make a naga with a built-in heater?
    Quote Originally Posted by MalkavianX View Post
    and then dropped it like a burning kitten

Quote Originally Posted by SisAmethyst View Post
    ...hey you already got you cheese to your whine

... however you are right, can I server some more? I guess I still have some spare cheese
    Hey now I am not a cheesehead lol I am a Viking :P hehe
    "Do not meddle in the affairs of cats for they are vengeful and will pee on your keyboard"

I guess ill be playing Candy crush and watching Nine inch Nails live at 830pm and drinking Beer......
    Member of Mythical

Quote Originally Posted by pnpsince83 View Post
    I dont get the backlash against those of us who are a bit ****ed? Some of us pay cash and expect to be able to play when we want, especially on a HOLIDAY weekend. Yes whining wont fix the problem, but surely this is still America where I have the right to expect to get what I pay for no? I truly dont care if its their fault or not! Its THEM who gladly accept our money and it best damn well be THEM who get off their asses and fix the problems wether it's their fault or not is irrelevant. Take my money? It's ur fault! After all can I call their ISP and *****? NO I cant.
    Oh ya it is still america where you can BUY a game system that you don't own even after paying for it and taking it home. Which of course is the PS3. Sony put a disclaimer in stating that you do NOT own the system you are leasing it from them. Meaning they can do whatever they want to it and with it whenever they want too.
    SO ya this is America where you can buy something and still not have ANY rights to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    It never is their fault, is it?
    Sometimes, yes. Most of the time, probably. This time, not really.

By the way it took me 38 posts to figure out how to reply with a quote lol doh EPIC FAIL!!!
    "Do not meddle in the affairs of cats for they are vengeful and will pee on your keyboard"

I am done with my pie and working on cheese puffs now lol
    sound tasty, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Vengenance View Post
    Sorry, don't want to slog through all 18 pages, but has Turbine acknowledged this issue yet?
    ...shouldn't it show up in the dev-tracker if so, or you think they broke that one too?
    * We have collectable bags, hell even hireling folders, but can I have that 6-pack for my potions please?
    * Having already a past life on the dieng EU servers, I rerolled here and started from scratch as I like the game and the community, so lets see what awaits me here

Hero

Roughly 4 hours and almost 20k views on this thread alone. That has to be some sort of record!

Default Acknowledged on Twitter and Facebook... But...

Acknowledged by Turbine... on TWITTER, at least. And on Facebook, as I understand it.

Turbine, why not say something here? You know? On your OFFICIAL FORUMS...

Community Member

Wow, new post every 5-20 seconds on this thread. Hot hot hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Cauthey_No_CCInfo View Post
    Acknowledged by Turbine... on TWITTER, at least. And on Facebook, as I understand it.

Turbine, why not say something here? You know? On your OFFICIAL FORUMS...
    No kidding. Some people dont use social networking, yet turbine (and other game companies) use it frequently instead of official lines of communication to the players.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    I'm on it. Nerfing the new thing asap.
    Also, nerfing the old thing too, for balance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Failedlegend View Post
    nnnnnnnmn....Pie is greater than Cake....nnnnnnnnn
    ^^^^didn't need to hypnotize me to make me say that :P ^^^^^^

Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast