Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

on the bright side i remembered i was working on a PnP campaign

Quote Originally Posted by storm357 View Post
    LOTRO has one of the most amazing worlds and story lines ever made for an mmo ( personal opinion I know), but their combat system is sooooooooooo slow. Still well worth a look at just for the world... but not right now as they are having the same issues over there :P
    Thx im gonna have to give LOTRO a shot!...not now though :P

Quote Originally Posted by drgsldr69 View Post
    The reason there is no posts here is because like the customer service gal told me, "We can't even connect to the forums cause our entire network is down." From what she told me the techs think they found the problem just not sure how long it will be to get it fixed. However, just so you all know why they ain't posted. It is because they can't! They can't log into the forums or anything cause their system is down.
    Mmhhhh, didn't someone else quoted twitter, saying it is an outside issue...

Quote Originally Posted by SerPounce View Post
    I love the twitter message:

DDO Unlimited ?@DDOUnlimited 29m
    We are working to resolve login issues from an outside connection problem. Thanks for your patience!
    So it's only those people logging in from "an outside connection"! Silly us for not logging in from Turbine's office!
    ... now I am puzzled!
    * We have collectable bags, hell even hireling folders, but can I have that 6-pack for my potions please?
    * Having already a past life on the dieng EU servers, I rerolled here and started from scratch as I like the game and the community, so lets see what awaits me here

Community Member

Neverwinter is fun for about 2 days.
    I played through beta weekend 2, by Sunday I was bored silly. Maxed out to level 30 (I think that was the max that weekend).

Neverwinter does have sort of a Halo type of appeal for a few days. DDO is far superior in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by SerPounce View Post
    I love the twitter message:

So it's only those people logging in from "an outside connection"! Silly us for not logging in from Turbine's office!
    So how much does cost using turbine's pc service?

Quote Originally Posted by thunir View Post
    Any word on when this is getting fixed?
    Soon! ©

Quote Originally Posted by Cyndder View Post
    For those that are curious; this is not the same issue from early August--in that a VPN connection will not work around this issue. So this issue appears to be closer to Turbines ISP and not the previous Verizon issue. Could be a DNS propagation like the one that happened a few years back....will have to wait and see if they provide IP addresses to test that theory.
    You mean, someone forgot to pay the DNS bill again?
    * We have collectable bags, hell even hireling folders, but can I have that 6-pack for my potions please?
    * Having already a past life on the dieng EU servers, I rerolled here and started from scratch as I like the game and the community, so lets see what awaits me here

Quote Originally Posted by Shmuel View Post
    you dumb mother *****er. It is teh fault of the other party and you know it all you commie satan worshipping pot smoking child molesters!!!!

Plus there are fema camps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know i serious cause this is all caps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my imaginary deity is better than your imaginary deity!!!!!!!!!! nanananananana
    Reading this thread backwards... This was looking good. Got to the post you responded to... Disappoint!

if you really want attention, post the exploit about Threnal...
    "The lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves." Niccolò Machiavelli
    Thelanis: Arbix Completionist (23rd Life), ArbySoul, ArbyBarb, ArbyPriest, Arbificer etc.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SisAmethyst View Post

... now I am puzzled!
    That's not what they mean by outside connection problem. They mean something that ain't them.

Community Member

Default Same problem

Yeah, this is painful. I bet it's a hacker again

Well this might make you smile..
    I have been having trouble for a while with long loggins.. SOooooo.. today I decided to load the preloader.
    When I had it all unzipped etc. I tried logging in.. and guess what I got? Correct the screen everyone is getting.
    So.. me in my little shallow world thought.. I'ts just ME... and deleted the preloader.. no luck logging.. so deleted DDO thinking I could just log back in after I got rid of that BLASTED preloader.. well NOW... since DDO is down ( not really sure).. I can't resinstall DDO. stuck on the Pando screen.
    So just when you think life stinks.. it stinks a little more for someone else..
    Hope you laughed a little :-). hee hee

... now I am puzzled!
    I'm going by what i was personally told by a person that couldnt log into the forums nor the game that works for turbine and not a customer service post (that is made to not tell anything except we are aware of the problem)

What the firetruck is going on I am sick of waiting to play this game I PAY for. DUDE fix your SHT please and get it together.

Quote Originally Posted by CongorKill View Post
    Sorry... it was me... I caused this. I hit that darn re-roll loot button, to my shock, the loot was worse than before *eyeroll* - then I cursed the game, wishing the flies surrounding a thousand camels infest DDO's server...

I am so sorry.
    I pressed the re-roll button yesterday.

Well, actually I hit the chest and when it didn't open I clicked again, just as the open chest appeared with the re-roll button right under my cursor. It was a low level toon, so it only cost me 3 AS, but I can't say that I was happy about it. Kind of like if someone were to steal a quarter from you. It's not enough to worry about, it's just the principle of the thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by MalkavianX View Post
    and then dropped it like a burning kitten

You mean, someone forgot to pay the DNS bill again?
    It is the 1st of the month....you never know.
    Leader Apocalyptic Knights Khyber
    Alts Dustia, Fierry, Divus, Serpins, Cognatio, Atrau, Leigharoy, Pinkish, Triturate (Ret.) Harragan, Cynderr, Ginnsu, Cyndder, Calagian, Gorthagus, Bluntaxe, Zarloc, Docbot

Quote Originally Posted by vampiregoat69 View Post
    DUDE fix your SHT please and get it together.
    This.
    Shmuel Xadin Xadins Errand Mohnster Yitzhak

Quote Originally Posted by DanteEnFuego View Post
    Reading this thread backwards... This was looking good. Got to the post you responded to... Disappoint!

if you really want attention, post the exploit about Threnal...
    This is a good example of what i was saying. IF they could log in that guy woulda already been banned or post deleted for his language.

Default NWO/DDO Comparison

Quote Originally Posted by Sam1313 View Post
    Has anyone actually played this? If so how is it?
    Now that you mention it, that's a good alternative, I'll go play a little of that now :P

As in feedback about it:

+ It's waaay easier to NOT screw up in char creation (since all the choices are made for you), making it easier to start playing asap, and also inviting newbie friends to play with you without having to teach them the mechanics;
    + The world/environment graphics are better than DDO, and a little more colorful
    + More people to group with, a lot more people playing in general
    + The Foundry has a HUGE potential. It's basically an in-game creation kit that let's you design and publish your own quests for others to play. Tried a player-made Delera's some days ago :P. I'll probably spend more time playing foundry quests than official ones (because they're usually better!)
    + At first, it gives you the illusion of not being has much of a money-grabber (it's not filled with "BUY THIS NOW!" ads in the ridiculous amount all turbine's f2p titles seem to be, and free accounts can play all races. it becomes way worse later, but if you only play it from time to time, is a lot easier to play for free)
    + Quests are usually shorter, making it easier to manage the time you have available to play
    + Gameplay's pace seems to be a little faster

- The character customization is simply non-existant. Imagine if DDO didn't allow you to customize your build, making you choose one of the pre-built paths (which noone in their perfect mind chooses). Now imagine that there were only half the number of paths you have available in DDO, and only 5 classes. And that's it. Be ready to see every "Trickster Rogue" build (the only rogue there is) playing exactly the same as yours
    - Forget about multiclassing and, to some extend, choosing your stats (they are randomly assigned, although you can re-roll as much as you want to). For the most part, playing your character or another person's character with the same class, you usually can't even tell the difference. It basically has nothing to do with D&D (even less so than DDO)
    - If you think lag and forum's doom is bad here, please don't go check it there, for your own safety xD.
    - Devs are apparently screwing up some PvE abilites in order to balance PvP
    - Everything is waaay more linear, and waaay more repetitive. In the first ~50% of the levels, every-single-quest was either "go collect x items", "go kill/loot x enemies" or "enter dungeon, kill trash on your singe-path way to boss, kill boss"
    - While the environment graphics are cool, the characters graphics and artwork are terrible, don't even seem to be from the same game sometimes, and while you can customize you appearance better than in DDO, the artwork is really not to my taste either
    - Every item/equipable item you get is a clone of your previous one, with different number values
    - While the combat pace is faster, it often feels like your character is chained, it gets really clumsy, not being able to move and attack at the same time might have something to do with that.

DDO is superior to NWO as a game, at least for now, but I can recognize some things really well done in Neverwinter.
    Last edited by A3oN95; 09-01-2013 at 07:17 PM. Reason: typo correction

Quote Originally Posted by jalont View Post
    That's not what they mean by outside connection problem. They mean something that ain't them.
    Oohhh, ok ...well, I have to admit, I have some trouble with the term "outside"

Community Member

Default the internet

There are over 1bil things to do on the net and I sit here staring at a login error!

Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast