Hybrid View

Default What is the new minimum chest level required for +4 tomes and +5 upgrade tomes?

I ask because pre U19 it was definitely level 27. At chest level 27, if you were to receive a tome it would be a +4 or a +4 to +5 upgrade. This was true unless it was a specifically odd chest for some reason. At this same loot level, if you were to receive an augment, it would be a level 24 augment instead of a lower level one. So I guess I have a few questions. Feel free to speculate based on any evidence you've seen. I received a +3 - +4 upgrade tome from a level 29 chest just yesterday and I've heard guildies report similar findings.

1. At what level to +4 tomes and +4 to +5 upgrade tomes now drop on live?

2. Can +5 tomes drop in standard random loot tables? 2a. If so, what level?

3. At what level do level 24 augments drop? 3a. Is the drop rate 5% as was mentioned upon their release?

4. Do level 28 augments drop at all right now?
    (I haven't seen a single one drop at all, even at loot level 33)

5. Is the loot table hard capped? If so at what level?
    (I've seen this past weekend very similar loot levels dropping in EH Gianthold and EH Stormhorns. A 3 level difference, but anecdotally, the EGH loot seems equal to or greater in level)

I guess I'm wondering if anyone else is seeing these loot oddities that I've been seeing since release and perhaps a dev might be able to give some insider insight to help clarify.
    Last edited by redspecter23; 09-01-2013 at 12:08 PM.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

+4 tomes & 4-5 upgrades start dropping in chests that generate level 27 loot.

so minimum level would be

-1 dragonmark of finding
    -2 +2 loot gem
    -2 +2 world loot event.

22 = Absolute minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by fTdOmen View Post
    +4 tomes & 4-5 upgrades start dropping in chests that generate level 27 loot.

so minimum level would be

-1 dragonmark of finding
    -2 +2 loot gem
    -2 +2 world loot event.

22 = Absolute minimum.
    This is how it worked pre U19. My question is, what level is it now on live? Have you pulled +4 tomes or +4 to +5 upgrades at level 27 since the expansion hit? To my knowledge any tome pulled in a level 27+ chest prior to the update would be +4 or +4 to +5 upgrade, but this is no longer the case on live. It appears the minimum required chest level is now higher than 27. I'm just wondering what the new magic number is.

Community Member

I'd also like a response to the original post. During update 18, I got a +5 upgrade tome from a hard TOR on a +2 loot holiday, but I need to know where to get a +4.

I got 4 dex tome from hard Fot yesterday with +2 gem, so it looks like nothing has changed.
    Except Reaver hits twice as hard in melee, but that's for another thread .
    Shahang Nezhat Bellezza Wipekin Farida of Ghallanda

Quote Originally Posted by Encair View Post
    I got 4 dex tome from hard Fot yesterday with +2 gem, so it looks like nothing has changed.
    Except Reaver hits twice as hard in melee, but that's for another thread .
    Fall of Truth chests might have special loot tables. You can pull +4 tomes from ToD, but the chests are definitely not level 27 in ToD on any difficulty. It's good to get some more data, but the fact that it's a raid chest doesn't help narrow down the necessary chest level for the higher tomes to drop in assorted random chests.

Quote Originally Posted by airbornerangers View Post
    hey kaar and cet,,, when they started selling +5supreme tomes for rl money, do you really believe they want them to drop in game any more?
    you know I am not a negative person, but, really? hmmm, make money or put in free in game?
    Well I didn't want to go with the automatic tin foil hat, rage reaction that they purposely bumped up (or removed completely) the chest level required to get the highest tomes. I was hoping to gather some data first and if I were really lucky, get a dev to stop by this thread and mention if it's WAI or not. It is potentially very sketchy that they made it harder to pull these tomes in game while at the same time releasing them in the store. I'll gather more data before starting a rage thread later perhaps I'm fairly certain there is something wonky with the loot tables right now. I'm just not quite sure what it is yet.
    Last edited by redspecter23; 09-04-2013 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by redspecter23 View Post
    This is how it worked pre U19. My question is, what level is it now on live? Have you pulled +4 tomes or +4 to +5 upgrades at level 27 since the expansion hit? To my knowledge any tome pulled in a level 27+ chest prior to the update would be +4 or +4 to +5 upgrade, but this is no longer the case on live. It appears the minimum required chest level is now higher than 27. I'm just wondering what the new magic number is.
    I haven't see squat to be honest I haven't even see any +3 tomes from end rewards either..not sure if it's borked.

Some random rock hurdling through the universe to who knows where...

Do level 28 augments drop at all right now?
    I haven't seen any drop but I have seen a few on the AH, so they must be dropping somewhere.
    Totally Bass Ackwards ~ int based/heavy armored pure tempest<>The Count of Monte Cristo ~ dps/CC/survivability focused pure swashbuckler<>Santa's Little Slayer ~ dragonmarked elf centered kensai<>Hassan's Assassin ~ 76 DC/dps/survivability focused human assassin<>Dubbell O'Seven ~ casting/ranged WF artificer

Hero

Something changed with regards to FoT 20th lists. Pre U19 you could get a +4->+5 upgrade tome. After U19, I've seen two people get +3->+4 upgrade tomes on their 20th. That's lame.
    U19 Kensei: Centered Cleaver | TR Junkie Leveling Framework

~Ying~ (10 lives), ~Hamada~(9 lives), ~Vadanken~ (6 lives), ~Kobeyashi~ (10 lives)
    Over Raided of Orien, First Level 100 Guild

I ran an EE stay at the inn, and pulled a +3--> +4 Upgrade tome with a jewel running. Something is definitely NOT operating as it used to.
    Cetus Heroic Lives: #32/32 | Epic Completionist: #20/24 | Iconic Lives: #6/6
    Cetusz - Pure Sorcerer: Heroic Lives: #24/24 | Epic Lives: #6/12 | Iconic Lives: #1/3
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

Community Member airbornerangers's Avatar

Default +5tomes

hey kaar and cet,,, when they started selling +5supreme tomes for rl money, do you really believe they want them to drop in game any more?
    you know I am not a negative person, but, really? hmmm, make money or put in free in game?
    thtasselhoff completionist vladimar lvl 20 tr barb thenabler lvl 20 cleric carthoris lvl 20tr wiz solestinger lvl 20 bard darksnemisis lvl 20 cleric gwylimn lvl 20 cleric thufar lvl tr arti ceer mutt tr mutt lindenavery lvl 20fvs hergromm lvl 29wf barb
    khyber gerty lvl 16 cleric mephistoles lvl 16 sorc

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by airbornerangers View Post
    It's not about being negative. You're thinkinhg what many of us do already. Why wouldn't they lower drop rates when they have a +5 clearance sale going on.

Community Member

4. Do level 28 augments drop at all right now?
    I've pulled a couple level 28 augments, both from EH wheloon prison quests. I don't remember if a global loot boost was active, but I did have a +2 gem going.

I'm also fairly certain something is wonky with the loot levels. This past weekend I was getting min level 25-26 stuff out of EE wheloon/storm horn quests with the +2 global loot and +2 gem. EE GH sides were giving min level 28 stuff.