Community Member

Default Nether Orb questions

The Nether Orb drops from the new quest Trackers Trap.

Does the Nether Orb allow a monk to stay centered?

Is the SP proc a certain proc or does it only proc at a low chance each hit? I know its just once per min - but if its additionally a low chance to proc each hit then its less valuable compared to proccing on the first hit each min.

Is it possible to unwear the Orb after it procs and then rewear it 1 min later to get another proc or does the 1 min timer only count down when its worn?

Quote Originally Posted by mikarddo View Post
    The Nether Orb drops from the new quest Trackers Trap.

Does the Nether Orb allow a monk to stay centered?

Is the SP proc a certain proc or does it only proc at a low chance each hit? I know its just once per min - but if its additionally a low chance to proc each hit then its less valuable compared to proccing on the first hit each min.

Is it possible to unwear the Orb after it procs and then rewear it 1 min later to get another proc or does the 1 min timer only count down when its worn?
    You would probably be uncentered but you can't hit with a orb. It's kind of like a shield.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by patang01 View Post
    You would probably be uncentered but you can't hit with a orb. It's kind of like a shield.
    I am not worried about hitting - I am worried about losing the bonus to dodge.

Quote Originally Posted by mikarddo View Post
    I am not worried about hitting - I am worried about losing the bonus to dodge.
    If you're looking for the SP proc I recommend the boots from Fall of Truth instead.

I have it on my druid.

It will uncenter a monk
    It has a high proc rate but not 100%
    It will only proc on a shield bash

Haven't tried unequiping it as it's where I have my evo dc item.

Community Member

Thanks.

Hmm, I wonder what would happen if you had several of those and swapped them each time one procs. If the proc is linked to the item and not the character then you might get alot of SP that way. If the proc timer is linked to some (hidden) buff on the character it obviously would not work.
    Last edited by mikarddo; 09-04-2013 at 04:22 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by patang01 View Post
    If you're looking for the SP proc I recommend the boots from Fall of Truth instead.
    Those are listed as 5% chance to give 15 sp. Is that description incorrect since you recommend the boots? Thats 80 hits to get 60 sp on average so it hardly seen as good as the Nether Orb wrt SP proc though it might still be worth having for sure Mind, this is on a Shiradi caster - on a melee the perspective will obviously be different.
    Last edited by mikarddo; 09-04-2013 at 04:40 PM.