Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Hero

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmanis View Post
    Can we just get better stat buffs? I don't mind them lasting 1 hour, but can we get just a wee bit better than +2's?
    I'm not sure we need more than +2's. There's already a lot of power available in game (Imagine TR'ing with +4 stat buffs, it's be almost entirely trivial, well more so than it is now). Although I would like to see +40 or +45 resists available to characters above level 20. Maybe have the shrines auto-scale by level similar to how items do it. That way they are reasonable AND helpful at all levels.

And regarding the OP, yes increase the time or pause them in public. And hour is lame and in the end it ends up wasting more time than it saves. (running back and forth to use the AS buffs). ANd if your going to say don't use them if you don't want to waste time, save your breath. It will fall on deaf ears.

Quote Originally Posted by Standal View Post
    The reason I'm proposing a six hour timer is that I believe it should be easy for them to do, but effectively be the same thing. Also, a persist until death or logout system will hurt all the players that get disconnected mid-quest. I don't want that. It doesn't happen to me, but those players are already upset enough without loosing their buffs in addition to getting DC'd.
    You wouldn't lose you buffs by DCing. The DC timer is something like 15 minutes long. As in, if you log back in within 15 minutes it's like you never logged off at all. If it's longer than 15 minutes, the next time you log in you have full health, spell points and all your clickies are recharged just like if you fully rested. My suggestion is to tie ship buffs to logouts using this same logout timer.

Regarding timers in general. Timers don't bother me at all when they're not impacting my immediate play. Would your guild timers bother you if all you had to do to refresh it to max was just run through your guild ship?
    That's a fair point. It is still annoying having a timer at all, but you are correct that if I could overwrite guild augments any time I wanted they would be much less annoying

Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    I'm not sure we need more than +2's. There's already a lot of power available in game (Imagine TR'ing with +4 stat buffs, it's be almost entirely trivial, well more so than it is now). Although I would like to see +40 or +45 resists available to characters above level 20. Maybe have the shrines auto-scale by level similar to how items do it. That way they are reasonable AND helpful at all levels.

And regarding the OP, yes increase the time or pause them in public. And hour is lame and in the end it ends up wasting more time than it saves. (running back and forth to use the AS buffs). ANd if your going to say don't use them if you don't want to waste time, save your breath. It will fall on deaf ears.
    Oh now that would be cool. Say every 6 levels it goes up by a small amount. +1 1-6, +2 7-12, +3 13-18, +4 from then on out. Elemental buffs would work the same way. 10, 20, 30, 40.

Quote Originally Posted by brickwall View Post
    90% of the people i see in PUG's aren't even able to retain said buffs for more then the first 10mins of any quest anyways.
    That's only because all the good players know you and avoid your groups.

Earth and and full time at work: I move 400 lb stainless steel Refrigerators with ease!

Can we just get better stat buffs? I don't mind them lasting 1 hour, but can we get just a wee bit better than +2's?
    I imagine this will happen at level 101, plus 3 stat buffs.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Karavek View Post
    I say the opposite, time to remove ship buffs if people are trying to use the length of time invested in content and a need to rebuff as a reason to interupt play then clearly they just do not need to be there at all. THey become a crutch and an addiction and impact the very game balance and imo why they dont even bother with much new low lvl content even though most other MMO know keeping fresh new lvling paths open to vets is a must for long term player retention.

No buff coming from the ship should be that important, the fact so many clearly treat them as that important shows how OP they are and how they undermine the entire games foundation.
    This is true. Please remove ship buffs.

I think ship buffs should be on as long as character does not die - its like reward for not dying.
    And others like house P should be at least 1 hour.

This is riddiculous - I cant have EVERYTHING on my character - saves, ppr, dodge, stats, +to dmg, +to needed skills, spellpower and then energy resistance... I just cant seem to fit Energy Resistance and thats the only reason I rebuff over and over and over. Also 5% xp bonus :P.
    But Id propably ignore buffs for most content if it was only + 2 to all stats. Resistances are main reason to me on my melee characters.

Its riddiculous because now when we got those stupidly huge areas getting to quest can take like 30 mins - and then player who started first goes to rebuff when others get to it. Then in meantime while he rebuffs others start to think its taking him too long and they go toi rebuff too - and its never ending train :/

Default Please no...

Please no... at best it just increases the divide between the poor new guy and the uber veteran - with the uber veteran having another reason to complain that things are too easy.

Here's a novel ideal - trying running or continuing a chain without the ship buff break - yep, it can be done and usually easily.
    Yehediah (Dwarf Cleric), Zeddek (Human Favored Soul)
    Mezros (Drow Bard), Fieris (Drow Wizard)
    Freibo (Halfling Rogue)

Quote Originally Posted by Standal View Post
    The current length of ship buffs is unacceptable. A group's play should not be interrupted every 45 minutes because someone's buffs are about to wear off. Please extend the buff timer to 6 hours or until death. This will allow people to buff and play without guild buffs being an irritant.

Oh now that would be cool. Say every 6 levels it goes up by a small amount. +1 1-6, +2 7-12, +3 13-18, +4 from then on out. Elemental buffs would work the same way. 10, 20, 30, 40.

If you're going to complain about ship buffs timers and going to ask them to extend them or complain about how they should be higher buffs...

THEN GO FULL TILT!!!!

Make ship buffs permanent or till death...
    make it a punishment for those who can't live without buffs to die in a quest... screw this lame "make them 6 hours" stuff!!!

and while they're at it... make all ability buffs go to +10 and all resists up to +50 and hell you now can get at least a +9 to hit bonus on items, so it's time to pump that Training Dummy up!!!
    although they need to give the Darguun Hobgoblin Warrior a new job as Deadly will have a serious impact on his business.

You're thinking way too small here... changes in DDO need to be big and sweeping nowadays.

For level 60+ guilds, can run through Korthos at level 1 [whether you're a TR or not] with roughly an extra +4 atk, +3 dmg, +4 AC, +2 Fort/Reflex/Will saves and +30 to all elements... some starting characters, especially F2P wouldn't even have that and that's before the twink gear.

Some of you people need to seriously play Guild-less or in Guilds without ship buffs and you might actually appreciate what you do get.

As for the red-headed stepchild and seventh son of a seventh son of buffs...

the House P and House J buffs those need some love... extend them to a minimum of 60 minutes and pause in public

and create a 2nd tier of improved spells at say 200 [J]/250 [P] favor and give at least +30 on the resistances at double their current cost for at least 60 minutes and public paused...
    and since you have to earn the favor & pay for them on your own... they should be at least as good as the Guild buffs.

All forums and no play makes Jack a dull boy.
    You know I had been using the Superior Sarcasm font exclusively but it seems in a unannounced hotfix they slipped in the Sovereign Sarcasm font... keep up the good work guys!

Community Member

Default thats y i dont join a guild

these buffs are performance enhancing drugs and people act like they cant survive wo them yes the resistances are nice buy the elite acid trap that killed me and my brother didnt notice he had ship buffs and i didnt... +1 to all skills saves hit damage isnt really so awesome that i would head to the ship every 45 mins... the xp id like but groups could get more xp if they just went for ransack and agression instead of finish in 2.3 mins personally id be happyer if they had a bulls eagle fox owl bear cat potion for like 1000pp that lasted 5 mins or a bag to cram the 10 diff potions i carry and 30 i find.... js

Community Member TheLegendOfAra's Avatar

I don't want them to change the duration of shipbuffs at all, and heres why:

1 hour is just long enough for most quest chains levels 1-12/13. One chain of quests is usually just about enough chests to fill up my inventory at those levels. When my inventory is full, I will be making a trip to my ship anyways to sell/repair my items regardless of the time left on my ship buffs.

Now, lag and DC's excluded it takes less than 1 minute to run through my entire ship, get every buff(unneeded), repair. Add another 25sec/1min to that for going through my loot I want to sell to see if there is anything interesting to sell/use. Another 30 sec/1min to get back to the general quest hub, depending on location, loading screen times, and lag involved.

This means at most I usually spend 1-5 minutes out of an hour buffing(also taking a minute or so break to get a drink/bio).
    To me, this is usually a perfect amount of time. But then again, I don't make people wait on me to start anything. I tell people when I join a party(if I'm the last one in) start and I'll brt. I also never have a problem waiting for people to buff before we start a quest because most of the LFMs I post are IP, or fill fast enough that I'll still be buffing/heading to quest when the last person joins.

Of course my TR partners are excluded from all of this and are expected to wait for me for minutes, hours or even days before we quest. But that was their choice, and they just have to deal with it.
    Araphina Skycrow - 15Paladin/3Ranger/2Fighter (Life 8/25) 5xRanger, 3xPaladin
    Araphell - Arasin - Arathaes - Arawyn - Aravein
    Guild: Fors Fortis;Guild of Won, & VENOM @ Argo
    "And we learn, as we age; We've learned nothing! And my body still aches."

Quote Originally Posted by Karavek View Post
    I say the opposite, time to remove ship buffs if people are trying to use the length of time invested in content and a need to rebuff as a reason to interupt play then clearly they just do not need to be there at all. THey become a crutch and an addiction and impact the very game balance and imo why they dont even bother with much new low lvl content even though most other MMO know keeping fresh new lvling paths open to vets is a must for long term player retention.

No buff coming from the ship should be that important, the fact so many clearly treat them as that important shows how OP they are and how they undermine the entire games foundation.
    It's a 'crutch' that saves casters SP from buffing entire party and time from wasting their time doing it. Extended buffs or even pausing when in public won't change anything for anyone.

BTW - ship buffs can only be OP if they add a substantial bottom line to a player (like greater resists in low level content) but it's not in any way shape and form in upper end content.

I wish they were persistent until you die.
    ~~~ ~ ~~~ turning each thread into a p2w discussion since 2012 ~~~ ~ ~~~

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendOfAra View Post
    Of course my TR partners are excluded from all of this and are expected to wait for me for minutes, hours or even days before we quest. But that was their choice, and they just have to deal with it.
    For everyone else: there's more truth behind that than sarcasm.

For you Ara: You just brought a dump truck full of salt. :/ It is on like you've never seen before when you come back!

Community Member

I suggest to pause them, while in public areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    extending and pausing buffs doesnt hurt anyone, including Turbine, and makes it so people would be running back to the ship a lot less.

extend ship buffs' duration

pause buffs in public areas

the sooner the better, please rid us of this pointless hassle.

ship buffs are for the weak.
    Mangas Geronimo (Paladin) Grocery Baggs (Ranger) Naiche Geronimo (Cleric)

Guild - Orien's Rejects

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by patang01 View Post
    It's a 'crutch' that saves casters SP from buffing entire party and time from wasting their time doing it. Extended buffs or even pausing when in public won't change anything for anyone.

BTW - ship buffs can only be OP if they add a substantial bottom line to a player (like greater resists in low level content) but it's not in any way shape and form in upper end content.
    casters buffing? even prior to guild ships I never encouraged nor condoned the classic behavior of many a mana sponge to demand resistances. I have myself from the very first days of this game going live, up until this day whenever I play, make sure my characters carry items of their lvl with the best resistances, and swap them on as needed. Going into lava, grap fire res item, fighting acid spitting rust monsters, acid res ring goes on etc. And by epic lvls( and now well before thanks to the new augment system) anyone can be slotting in at least passable resistances.

A good example of how ship buffs completely invalidate both gear choices, and content.

Tangle root is a classic and much loved chain, I know many myself included who favor it still to this day for several runs in a row for fast xp, and useful loot like the flesh render visor. Back in the old days the biggest threat in the chain where the casters who favored spamming firebolt. Those lacking resistance to fire would be shredded by these, and it only became worse after DS and players who solo then pug up and find the increased dmg from such spells alot harsher then they become used to.

Back in the old days even on fighter type characters when running this on elite around lvl 4-5 id wear a old robe of winter, the 20 fire res was far greater then any at lvl caster could hope to offer. It was pretty much a bullet proof vest in the quest line. But I also was making a sacrifice as I got no armor boost, we had no real perma blur items easy to get like the now day house c bracers.

In other words for the advantage of negating the most significant threat I became abit more vulnerable to the other threats. Not alot admittedly but enough it didnt feel like some OP advantage wearing the robe, but a tactical gear selection with give and take. Which I feel to this day is the WAI gameplay design.

While I know for TR zergers these crutches that make them not need to carry and swap out more twink gear must feel like a true need. Its not. They are just a want you dont want to lose even when they are a cancer upon the game.

Cool

/signed. Please extend ship buffs.
    "So maybe it's about time we all get a reality check and realize that if you raid, run epics, and have capped toons and worry about ED's TR's and all that jazz, you are a small part of the population of this game, a very small part in fact." -- Ungood

Default SIGNed!

SIGNED SIGNED SIGNED!

I think we are ALL tired of waiting for people to refresh ship buffs before coming to a raid/quest. Just make them last until death. =)
    Making DDO a better game 1 post at a time!

Triple EVERYTHING Completionist= Heroic 39/39, Iconic 12/12, Epic 36/36

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast