Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 74
  1. #1
    Community Member Standal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    698

    Default Time to extend ship buffs

    The current length of ship buffs is unacceptable. A group's play should not be interrupted every 45 minutes because someone's buffs are about to wear off. Please extend the buff timer to 6 hours or until death. This will allow people to buff and play without guild buffs being an irritant.

  2. #2
    2014 DDO Players Council
    SirValentine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Korea (temporarily)
    Posts
    5,421

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Standal View Post
    The current length of ship buffs is unacceptable. A group's play should not be interrupted every 45 minutes because someone's buffs are about to wear off. Please extend the buff timer to 6 hours or until death. This will allow people to buff and play without guild buffs being an irritant.
    I don't object to longer ship buffs, but to me that takes a back seat to longer House J & House P favor buffs. They should be at least as long as ship buffs.

  3. #3
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,012

    Default

    Both of them could be easily extended, and/or should have their timers paused when I'm just sitting around in guild chat or other non-combat areas.

  4. #4
    The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Dandonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    5,278

    Default

    At this point I think it would be nice. Less downtime, more gaming.
    It's definitely an N-word.

  5. #5
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    west coast U.S.A
    Posts
    1,300

    Default

    I say the opposite, time to remove ship buffs if people are trying to use the length of time invested in content and a need to rebuff as a reason to interupt play then clearly they just do not need to be there at all. THey become a crutch and an addiction and impact the very game balance and imo why they dont even bother with much new low lvl content even though most other MMO know keeping fresh new lvling paths open to vets is a must for long term player retention.

    No buff coming from the ship should be that important, the fact so many clearly treat them as that important shows how OP they are and how they undermine the entire games foundation.

  6. #6
    Community Member Qhualor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    10,022

    Default

    in a way I agree, but I also disagree. only reason why I disagree is because people like to test builds using ship buffs to see if they stack or whatever. killing yourself over and over just for testing purposes can get annoying. its a small disagreement.

    extending and pausing buffs doesnt hurt anyone, including Turbine because they still get paid for the buffs and not how long they last, and makes it so people would be running back to the ship a lot less. could charge more for House J and P buffs to extend them longer.

  7. #7
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Karavek View Post
    I say the opposite, time to remove ship buffs if people are trying to use the length of time invested in content and a need to rebuff as a reason to interupt play then clearly they just do not need to be there at all. THey become a crutch and an addiction and impact the very game balance and imo why they dont even bother with much new low lvl content even though most other MMO know keeping fresh new lvling paths open to vets is a must for long term player retention.

    No buff coming from the ship should be that important, the fact so many clearly treat them as that important shows how OP they are and how they undermine the entire games foundation.

    I'll freely give up my xp buff if you buy all my future pots to make up for it. Deal?

  8. #8
    Community Member Arnez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    342

    Default

    As an avid user of ship buffs, I think the timer is fine. It's not like they're useful IN quests once said person dies. If they have to restart the quests due to not having ship buffs- that's a build problem, not a timer problem.

    Although- I do have to agree on extending House J & P buffs. Would make for excellent Plat sinks if the timers on those would be at least 1 hour if not more.

  9. #9
    Community Member Qhualor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    10,022

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Karavek View Post
    No buff coming from the ship should be that important, the fact so many clearly treat them as that important shows how OP they are and how they undermine the entire games foundation.
    I do agree with this, but ship buffs aren't going away. its money for Turbine and overall the players want them and willing to pay for them. there are a lot of people who rely too much on ship buffs and it gives a false sense of character power. there are a lot players I come across who die and ask for resists because they rely on ship buffs and don't keep pots as a back up. there are some that will not quest and are willing to be late to the party so they can grab their buffs, which is why I think extending the length of them would actually help. shortcuts are implemented into DDO all the time as pay options or for free to cut down on the immersion, so I don't see any reason why ship buffs shouldn't last longer than an hour.

  10. #10
    Community Member goodspeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    I'm just outside that door to your left.
    Posts
    3,564

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    I do agree with this, but ship buffs aren't going away. its money for Turbine and overall the players want them and willing to pay for them. there are a lot of people who rely too much on ship buffs and it gives a false sense of character power. there are a lot players I come across who die and ask for resists because they rely on ship buffs and don't keep pots as a back up. there are some that will not quest and are willing to be late to the party so they can grab their buffs, which is why I think extending the length of them would actually help. shortcuts are implemented into DDO all the time as pay options or for free to cut down on the immersion, so I don't see any reason why ship buffs shouldn't last longer than an hour.
    Are any of those buffs even worth it anymore besides the xp buff? Maybe 1-10, after that it's almost a waste of time since you can carry the resists with you. what +2 str? a sucky +1 ac. The resists I could see if for some reason people were still teaching themselves some kind of flavor pride I don't wanna include umd or even just that class lesson in their build.

    I can tell ya this, when im farming away, I sure don't stop to jog miles away to get some goofy buffs, and then jog back.
    Through avarice, evil smiles; through insanity, it sings.

  11. #11
    Community Member FranOhmsford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Staffs, England
    Posts
    9,243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Standal View Post
    The current length of ship buffs is unacceptable. A group's play should not be interrupted every 45 minutes because someone's buffs are about to wear off. Please extend the buff timer to 6 hours or until death. This will allow people to buff and play without guild buffs being an irritant.

    Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post
    I don't object to longer ship buffs, but to me that takes a back seat to longer House J & House P favor buffs. They should be at least as long as ship buffs.

    6Hrs is too long.

    House P and {ESPECIALLY} J Buffs need boosting.


    I'd suggest:

    Ship Buffs - 3 Hrs and countdown as long as you're logged on.

    House P - 1 Hr and countdown only in Quest.

    House J - A complete overhaul...

    75 Favour currently gives access to...
    -Bless
    -Shield of Faith
    -Remove Fear {Only a Bonus to Saves NOT Immunity}.

    Should Give...
    -Shield of Faith {90 minute Duration - Counts down while Logged on}.
    -Fear Immunity {90 minute Duration - Counts down while Logged on}.
    -Blindness Immunity {90 minute Duration - Counts down while Logged on}.

    150 Favour currently gives EXACTLY the SAME as 75 House P!

    Should Give...

    -Disease Immunity {90 minute Duration - Counts down while Logged on}.
    -Freedom of Movement {90 minute Duration - Counts down while Logged on}.
    -Deathward {90 minute Duration - Counts down while Logged on}.



    And to those People who attack everyone who uses Ship Buffs in threads like these - Please Stop.

    The Ship Sailed Long ago, The Horse has been resprayed and is winning races on the other side of the World!

    DDO has long since moved on and Quests and Mobs have been boosted to compensate for Ship Buffs - Arguing otherwise is an exercise in futility.

    Removing Ship Buffs now...Veterans would get used to the change - Some Quicker than Others.
    Newbies would have yet one more reason to quit DDO!


    And worst of all - The Guilds who've EARNED those Buffs would be irrevocably damaged by any such change!

    Just so you Know - My Own Guild is STILL below the Level of +2 Buffs.

  12. #12
    Community Member Ryiah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Standal View Post
    The current length of ship buffs is unacceptable. A group's play should not be interrupted every 45 minutes because someone's buffs are about to wear off. Please extend the buff timer to 6 hours or until death. This will allow people to buff and play without guild buffs being an irritant.
    While I would love the ship buffs to be extended to lasting till you die, they simply are not necessary enough to waste time running all the way back to the ship to obtain. When running the new content I have simply started to ignore ship buffs. They aren't worth it.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

  13. #13
    Community Member djl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,652

    Default

    There is currently no reward for earning Level 100, other than bragging rights, so it would be nice if they put in as a Level 100 reward the ability to buy shrines for your ship with no timers, that simply expire upon death. They would still have the same stats as the old shrines, but simply be permanent buffs (until death).

    With no decay, earning 100 is an achievable goal for any guild now. It ought to be rewarded.

  14. #14
    Community Member Qhualor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    10,022

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by goodspeed View Post
    Are any of those buffs even worth it anymore besides the xp buff? Maybe 1-10, after that it's almost a waste of time since you can carry the resists with you. what +2 str? a sucky +1 ac. The resists I could see if for some reason people were still teaching themselves some kind of flavor pride I don't wanna include umd or even just that class lesson in their build.

    I can tell ya this, when im farming away, I sure don't stop to jog miles away to get some goofy buffs, and then jog back.
    I don't think they are worth the jog over and compared to clickies, pots and ship buffs they do lose their usefulness eventually. House J and P favor is just another favor reward that needs to be updated.

  15. #15
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    798

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Standal View Post
    The current length of ship buffs is unacceptable. A group's play should not be interrupted every 45 minutes because someone's buffs are about to wear off. Please extend the buff timer to 6 hours or until death. This will allow people to buff and play without guild buffs being an irritant.
    /signed

  16. #16
    Community Member Teh_Troll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Under the bridge
    Posts
    5,874

    Default

    Ship buff should last until death. The Troll hath spoken.

    Make it so.

  17. #17
    Community Member redspecter23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    3,688

    Default

    I'd suggest ship buffs last until death once you activate them upon login. It's a personal issue, but I dislike time limits in games where they aren't a balancing factor. You are no more or less powerful with an unlimited timer as there are no quests that take longer than an hour to complete to my knowledge. It's not like standard buffs that require SP or other balancing costs. It just means less running back and forth. The timer dictates the speed at which you play but does not add any direct challenge. It does, however, add a frustration factor for some players.

    While it's true that nobody really needs ship buffs, I'd like to be able to use them without being annoyed by a timer. Usually while leveling up, I'll grab the xp buff and 4 resists (all on the main deck) and then go about my questing. On my 2 box I skip them altogether as his guild is only level 21 at the moment. If I'm running end game epic elite content, I do try to get a full set of buffs to maximize my stats.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

  18. #18
    Halfling Hero phalaeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    I'll tell you if you take care of your own curses.
    Posts
    5,501

    Default

    However long they might be made, they should pause in public areas. I'm sick of waiting for that one guy who forgot to buy heal scrolls, or needs to take 10 minutes to see if he's flagged to run, or whatever.

    I don't see why it would be a problem to make them longer, especially if it's tied into a benchmark, like guild level 100 or something.
    ~ Pallai, Chennai, Saraphima~
    ~Shipbuff, Sophalia, Northenstar ~
    ~ Ascent~



  19. #19
    Community Member Bilger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    1,792

    Default

    The only buff I even care about is the xp buff. While it isn't major 5% xp adds up and helps with lvling those destinies that you hate because need fate points or have to get where you want in ED.

    Other than that the others are nice but not OP or needed. Just a nice bonus for the time and work put into guild.

    I would love to see the on death even if it takes a guild reaching 100 to get it gives a lil incentive other than prestige of being 100 guild.
    Proud Officer of The Madborn

  20. #20
    Community Member Sarkastik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post
    I don't object to longer ship buffs, but to me that takes a back seat to longer House J & House P favor buffs. They should be at least as long as ship buffs.
    I second that. I'm much more interested in seeing those buffs extend to an hour.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload