Immortal Executioner & Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Default Put the crossbow to my head and Pull

I have the ottos box xp stone and got my toon to Lv 8 only to find I cant use it now that I'm level 8. Ahh! When they first showed up you could use them at lv 8, but now (my fault for not reading the fine rune print) "You must be below the stones level" to use it. Now I have to run the full level to 20 to do my Next TR..

So just a FYI, make sure you use the xp Rune at lv 7 or suffer the grind.
    >>>>>>> NobleFist Guild <<<<<<<
    DeepCutter ~ MidnightRed ~ Cardeeo ~ Dalmore ~ TracyDragon ~ Aftershock ~ MakersMark ~Imortalwrath
    Beta player & Leader of a Founders Guild 9yrs and going

Uhmmm...you just have to be below level 16 to use the stone, not level 8. Are you sure you used it correctly? Put it in your hotbar, target yourself then try it. I can confirm it absolutely works the way it used to. Level 8, xp pots, vip 10%, voice, ship buffs...all of it.
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

Leader of The Dark Creed

Quote Originally Posted by Shorlong View Post
    Uhmmm...you just have to be below level 16 to use the stone, not level 8. Are you sure you used it correctly? Put it in your hotbar, target yourself then try it. I can confirm it absolutely works the way it used to. Level 8, xp pots, vip 10%, voice, ship buffs...all of it.
    might not be tlking about ottos. might be tlking bout the other exp stone thingy.

Bigby's works the same, just without the xp bonuses, and it only levels you to 15. You still can't use it until level 8...
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

Leader of The Dark Creed

Quote Originally Posted by Arianka View Post
    might not be tlking about ottos. might be tlking bout the other exp stone thingy.
    There's a bug that was noted on lam that if you use the daily dice xp award on that life you can not then use the otto's or bigby's stones. Might be that.

2016 DDO Players Council eris2323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    There's a bug that was noted on lam that if you use the daily dice xp award on that life you can not then use the otto's or bigby's stones. Might be that.
    Wait.... what?

That should be in big block letters in DDO store and in otto's description, if that is the case

Quote Originally Posted by eris2323 View Post
    Wait.... what?

That should be in big block letters in DDO store and in otto's description, if that is the case
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ens-are-bugged

Quote Originally Posted by fTdOmen View Post
    This is kind of difficult to explain, so I'll try my best.

As expected, using the xp tokens from gold daily dice rolls gives you xp, but at the same time your xp bar turns blue, as though you're banking experience over level.
    It's not a problem at first, but at levels 7+ it's preventing me from using experience stones.

Step by step repro:

0: Make a golden daily dice roll.
    1: at level 1 use an experience token (you now have a blue xp bar permanently.)
    2: level to 2.
    3: acquire xp to level to 7.
    4: try to use a bigby's xp stone, you can't.
    5: level to 8
    6: try to use an ottos xp stone, you can't.

For further testing,
    I tried using an xp token small enough to prevent me from leveling, theoretically avoiding a blue xp bar. It doesn't matter, the moment I use an xp token the bar turns blue and seems to stay that way no matter what.
    It also doesn't matter if someone else uses the xp stone on you, same problem, you won't get any experience from the stone.

2016 DDO Players Council eris2323's Avatar

Hmmmm; well, thanks - although a dev does state that they found the cause and have proven to themselves that it's fixed...

I guess... that wasn't true

Ouch, mental note, just don't use those free exp tokens before a stone. ugh.

Immortal Executioner & Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Humm, I have been using all the daily dice xp icons on this toon, I think I'll have to check with a 2nd lv GM to see if it can be used, or corrected, as I lost all interest in my 7th life toon because of this.

I'll report back with the results.
    >>>>>>> NobleFist Guild <<<<<<<
    DeepCutter ~ MidnightRed ~ Cardeeo ~ Dalmore ~ TracyDragon ~ Aftershock ~ MakersMark ~Imortalwrath
    Beta player & Leader of a Founders Guild 9yrs and going

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by CavernDragon View Post
    I have the ottos box xp stone and got my toon to Lv 8 only to find I cant use it now that I'm level 8. Ahh! When they first showed up you could use them at lv 8, but now (my fault for not reading the fine rune print) "You must be below the stones level" to use it. Now I have to run the full level to 20 to do my Next TR..

So just a FYI, make sure you use the xp Rune at lv 7 or suffer the grind.
    Did you get the whole box, or trade for just the stone?

Even though the stone is tradable, it is useless if traded. You have to give it back to the person who originally opened the box, and get him to use it on you.

Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffWatson View Post
    Did you get the whole box, or trade for just the stone?

Even though the stone is tradable, it is useless if traded. You have to give it back to the person who originally opened the box, and get him to use it on you.

Geoff.
    That's not true anymore.
    New stones can't be used on others. But can be used even if you aren't the one who opened the box. The reverse of old stones.

And yes, otto's box stones have been updated to reflect that.
    Owy Evoker FvS / Praledric Completionist Qstaff Rogue/Monk/Druid / Laraeph DC Wizard / Laraelph AA Monk/Ranger/Pally / Gaenry Shiradi Sorc/FvS/Wiz / Reasis SWF Pally & numerous others
    The Leveller for DDO!

So using any of the exp gems prevents you from using a Stone of Experience?

Glad I read this thread ahead of time.

Hero

From my experience, XP tokens from gold rolls do not prohibit you from using a Otto's stone. On 2 characters I have used gold rolls to creep myself barely into lvl 8 and used a Otto's box stone with no issues.