Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Gremmlynn View Post
    Until heal amp items stop stacking. Then we will all be "gimped".
    The Amazing Karnak holds an envelope to his head and says:

In Update 20, Convalescence will return in the form of I-VI at 5% increments, and item based heal amp of differing values will no longer stack.
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post

In Update 20, Convalescence will return in the form of I-VI at 5% increments, and item based heal amp of differing values will no longer stack.
    I also expect what stacking it does have to become additive, rather than multiplicative. It just makes more sense from a MMO design standpoint.

Community Member

Default i think

Quote Originally Posted by dredre9987 View Post
    I don't think you understand the change to deathblock....It still works exactly the same as before by blocking death stuff but it now ALSO has neg energy absorption.
    I think what hes worried about is that they are adding the neg absorbtion because they plan on seriously nerfing deathward as they have so many other immunity effects, I believe hes likely correct if that's his assumption.

Default I sure hope it's a par for the course bug...

I sure hope it's a typical par for the course these days bug as getting the same effects over and over on weapons, armor, and items is getting old. And I too sure miss some of the old stuff...
    Yehediah (Dwarf Cleric), Zeddek (Human Favored Soul)
    Mezros (Drow Bard), Fieris (Drow Wizard)
    Freibo (Halfling Rogue)

Default Old Loot...

One thing not mentioned yet, but have been at the top of my list are Crusader, and Rebel. I've got several ML 18 weapons in the bank with the affect, but haven't seen any in a bit.

P.S. Oh and gotta mention Impellent, and Heavenly Wrath. I think they were mentioned in a previous post.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by mannielrpc View Post
    One thing not mentioned yet, but have been at the top of my list are Crusader, and Rebel. I've got several ML 18 weapons in the bank with the affect, but haven't seen any in a bit.

P.S. Oh and gotta mention Impellent, and Heavenly Wrath. I think they were mentioned in a previous post.
    All of those are gone as well.

Quote Originally Posted by mannielrpc View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    I am not aware of any missing item properties that were not deliberately removed as part of the switch over to various tiered levels of item properties. If you feel an item is missing that should not be, send in a bug on it and someone can take a look.
    There you have it in bold, what we (don't) have is exactly what they wanted us to (not) have. Our only glimmer of hope is this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Some other missing effects are only gone temporarily, such as Bodyfeeder or ability score damage on hit.
    They will be re-introduced once higher-level versions are created so that you can continue finding better versions of them as you level.
    However from the sound of ^that^ anything that can't be made into a scaleable format is probably gone for good, including our wonderfully named combo effects. I suspect if those are going to come back at all, it'll be on named gear only, kind of a reverse of what they did with the "Nightmares" property from Terror and the Tharak wraps.
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

Community Member

Even the things that are still around have become too high in level. They lowered disruption, banishing, and the other similar effects from a +5 to a +4 which means that you should be able to find a +1 great axe of disruption at level 8 instead of 10. Instead I have not found any of these effects on any gear lower than level 18. It appears that every item has to have at least 2 effects on it so you can no longer find items with one really good effect at a low level. By the time you find disruption items the monsters already have so much hp that they are not worth using anymore.
    Everyone who is not in the true definition of "hardcore" is looked down on as a "casual", unwilling or incapable of understanding the true brilliance of having twelve-year-olds insult you while they are teabagging your virtual corpse. - Christian Ward columnist for The Escapist

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by erethizon View Post
    Even the things that are still around have become too high in level. They lowered disruption, banishing, and the other similar effects from a +5 to a +4 which means that you should be able to find a +1 great axe of disruption at level 8 instead of 10. Instead I have not found any of these effects on any gear lower than level 18. It appears that every item has to have at least 2 effects on it so you can no longer find items with one really good effect at a low level. By the time you find disruption items the monsters already have so much hp that they are not worth using anymore.
    agreed, therefore the gap between players with the older gear and those without is gigantic at mid level ranges. My hoarding really payed off this time.

Yes, any weapon that included a bursting or proccing effect seems to have been removed... at least for the present. I am hoping that the intention is to standardize these effects so that they simplify the calculation needed during combat.

I am *really* hoping that is all it is, because, like the rest of the pop, I am finding the new loot tables very dull.
    Bogenbroom's DDO Wishlist.......Tolero's guide to actionable feedback
    Bogenbroom's legion... 83 characters, 3 accounts, and 1 irate wife.

Quote Originally Posted by FlaviusMaximus View Post
    I would love to see convalescent and parrying gear make it back into the loot tables. I literally put some variety of convalescence of parrying bracers on every one of my characters that wasn't healed by negative energy. Those types of items are too good to just go away.

The perfect solution would be to not only reintroduce them to the loot tables, but add them to cannith crafting
    They have parrying, but you can only put it on weapons and shields. It would be nice if you could craft it onto bracers, even if it required a flexible version.

I know they have said they have no interest in revisiting crafting, but i really hope they change their stance on this. I've always thought you should be able to craft anything that can appear on random lootgen.

The level 16 shield from cove is nice, it has superior parrying on it. Nice to equip it to deal with a trap, or doing the crucible swim, or anything where making a save is most important.

I agree, it's likely they will eliminate the stacking nature of amp items. If they do this, though, i'm hoping they double the values, since 30% at the top level doesn't really seem high enough. Many races and classes can only get amp from gear.

Community Member

There you have it in bold, what we (don't) have is exactly what they wanted us to (not) have.
    Yep. And like, I don't know, 80% of the decisions over the last year, it's a plain stupid one. They really need to turnover devs again.

Community Member

Default Thing is

Is it the devs behind these crazy decisions, feather for example, his initial ideas at lootgen item creation, tho maybe a little powercreepish, were creative, made opening non named chests somewhat exciting for a little while, especially if you had a licker. The recent changes however appear to me to be something forced on him by upper management, I could be wrong, but this was a 180 on his initial loot creating tendencies, that's usually not voluntary.

I personally imagine that some suit said things needed to be easier to understand and tiered across the board. Im hard on the devs, but im aware they are likely being puppeteered a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by FalseFlag View Post
    Yep. And like, I don't know, 80% of the decisions over the last year, it's a plain stupid one. They really need to turnover devs again.
    In fairness, the devs implementing the decisions aren't necessarily the ones deciding what needs to be implemented. The turnover may need to come from a different department...

Edit: ninjad!
    Last edited by PermaBanned; 09-01-2013 at 07:46 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12