Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Are old weapon effects forever gone? Or is it just a bug?

I am not too happy about the new loot. It's all the same. A lot of effects have been removed: Convalescent and Parrying namely some stuff i haven't been able to get for my char.

Understandable if Parrying has been phased out and replaced with Dodge, but Convalescent was nice. Anyone missing the old effects too?

The main use in parrying was the stacking save bonus it provided. If you really needed to beat that elite trap save, you could stack resistance, parrying, and good luck. The fact that it also provided AC was a useless add-on to an otherwise good effect.

Community Member FlaviusMaximus's Avatar

I would love to see convalescent and parrying gear make it back into the loot tables. I literally put some variety of convalescence of parrying bracers on every one of my characters that wasn't healed by negative energy. Those types of items are too good to just go away.

The perfect solution would be to not only reintroduce them to the loot tables, but add them to cannith crafting

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jingwei View Post
    The main use in parrying was the stacking save bonus it provided. If you really needed to beat that elite trap save, you could stack resistance, parrying, and good luck. The fact that it also provided AC was a useless add-on to an otherwise good effect.
    i forgot about that. +4 to saves on top of AC.. :'(

To be honest, it's kinda weird that item, not just weapons, fixtures that got introduced just a few (somehow I think it's just one) update(s?) ago are gone from the game.

Like double strike used to be found on gloves, now can only be found on armor and shield in the form of flurry.
    While flurry is a better enhancement as it gives ranged another option to strive for, taking it away from clothing and jewelery gives all of us less options.
    Last edited by LightBear; 09-01-2013 at 04:17 AM.

One, two! One, two! and through and through. The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
    He left it dead, and with its head. He went galumphing back.

Quote Originally Posted by LightBear View Post
    To be honest, it's kinda weird that item, not just weapons, fixtures that got introduced just a few (somehow I think it's just one) update(s?) ago are gone from the game.
    Looks like a definite bug to me. And what's with deadly of accuracy items and ghostbane weapons dropping all the time?

Community Member
    3rd star from the left, and on til morning...

My major worry is effects like deathblock...

Are we going to be stuck with Deathblock 10%, 20%, 30%?

So nothing is ever assured and we're on a constant %creep?

Community Member

It's not a bug, Feather of the Sun already responded to another thread a couple of days ago saying they removed them and decided to go with a tiered system that provided loot across all ranges (I, II, III, IV, V, VI, etc.). Most everything that was unique is gone, convalescent, obscenity, mangling, lacerating, desert sands, omniscience, annihilating, erosive, nights grasp, pandemonium, riptide, searing, scintillating, wintry, supreme good, auroral, the sun, the suns fury, hemorrhaging, blazing, boreal, caustic, coruscating, cosmic, impellent, tempestuous, wailing, a thousand suns, heavenly wrath, phlebotomizing, etc.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mystera View Post
    It's not a bug, Feather of the Sun already responded to another thread a couple of days ago saying they removed them and decided to go with a tiered system that provided loot across all ranges (I, II, III, IV, V, VI, etc.). Most everything that was unique is gone, convalescent, obscenity, mangling, lacerating, desert sands, omniscience, annihilating, erosive, nights grasp, pandemonium, riptide, searing, scintillating, wintry, supreme good, auroral, the sun, the suns fury, hemorrhaging, blazing, boreal, caustic, coruscating, cosmic, impellent, tempestuous, wailing, a thousand suns, heavenly wrath, phlebotomizing, etc.
    geez, I don't get it, this stuff was actually interesting and made lootgen occasionally in the top tier dps/effectwise for some builds.

Community Member

Tiered systems are terribly boring, so hearing that's what's happening going forward is really disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by 01000010 View Post
    geez, I don't get it, this stuff was actually interesting and made lootgen occasionally in the top tier dps/effectwise for some builds.
    Because the imortant part is that under the new system new players will have an easier time fighting undead!
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

Community Member

My favorite change here is going from "stunning +X" where X is the bonus to stunning to "dazing I-IX" where the dazing levels (in roman numerals! how classy!) give various stunning bonuses in amounts not equal to the level, and increasing in a non-linear manner (it's something like twice the level up V then 5+lvl after that).

How is this possibly an improvement? What in the world was wrong with "stunning +X"? I mean, it's not that big a deal I suppose, but it's just mind numbing silly.
    Gildus, Sabathiel, Einion, Yhvain

Cannith

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mystera View Post
    Actually some of those, caustic, blazing, etc. were a previous attempt at upgrading what we had and are replicated by acid III, fire III, etc. While IV+ versions of those things exceed them, albeit in a rather boring fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by My2Cents View Post

I don't think you understand the change to deathblock....It still works exactly the same as before by blocking death stuff but it now ALSO has neg energy absorption.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitesco View Post
    Oh and honestly, you are all carrying portal beaters on your casters? What on earth are you using it on often enough to clog up your bag with it?
    Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    Portals.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by My2Cents View Post

"Stuck" is an odd way to describe this, as it is a buff over old deathblock.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by supott View Post
    I am not too happy about the new loot. It's all the same. A lot of effects have been removed: Convalescent and Parrying namely some stuff i haven't been able to get for my char.

Understandable if Parrying has been phased out and replaced with Dodge, but Convalescent was nice. Anyone missing the old effects too?
    parrying got replaced with riposte, it deals damage when things miss you in melee AND you get insight to ac and saves bonus

I don't mind when Turbine renames effects, but just dropping really nice effects because they don't like them is annoying. Convalescent bracers of parrying were an awesome item. I guess I'm glad I got mine before they disappeared. I don't see how it helps new players though. Now they'll never have what I have and their melee toons will be gimped because of it. I guess it will make them tough and resilient.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Standal View Post
    I don't mind when Turbine renames effects, but just dropping really nice effects because they don't like them is annoying. Convalescent bracers of parrying were an awesome item. I guess I'm glad I got mine before they disappeared. I don't see how it helps new players though. Now they'll never have what I have and their melee toons will be gimped because of it. I guess it will make them tough and resilient.
    Until heal amp items stop stacking. Then we will all be "gimped".

Quote Originally Posted by evoles View Post
    parrying got replaced with riposte, it deals damage when things miss you in melee AND you get insight to ac and saves bonus
    Which be awesome if we could get convalessant bracers of reposte, but, well... you know...
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

Community Member
    3rd star from the left, and on til morning...

Quote Originally Posted by dredre9987 View Post
    I don't think you understand the change to deathblock....It still works exactly the same as before by blocking death stuff but it now ALSO has neg energy absorption.
    Well then that's a good thing! I will read the description very closely...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast