Thread: weapon bond

Default weapon bond

Is there more value to it than just getting the d20 of force damage on every swing? The higher stuff doesn't look worthwhile

Quote Originally Posted by painkiller3 View Post
    Is there more value to it than just getting the d20 of force damage on every swing? The higher stuff doesn't look worthwhile
    Free metal-type DR bypass, increased crit multiplier...there's some useful stuff in there. Not enough to dissuade me from my halfing ravager plans (in the name of comedy and great victory), but I'd go primary Occult Slayer over Frenzied Berserker for my playstyle.
    Thelanis - Dragons of the Shire
    Naeryna (Sun Elf 24 FvS Evoker) // Dianocia (Drow 22 Warlock) // Valissia (Drow 21 Shiradi Druid)
    Nae haz a story. Go read it.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by painkiller3 View Post
    Vicious Strike is one tier higher than the d20 force damage and it's kind of nice (2W damage with only 12 second cooldown). I've been playing around with throwing points in to Occult Slayer to get the d20 force damage and Vicious Strike (I'm going for a build that loads up as many low-cooldown active attacks as possible), but for my play style, losing the weapon bond stacks when switching weapons is just too much of a hindrance to make OcS my main tree. It's frustrating to lose your weapon bond stacks every time you switch to a ranged weapon to blow up some explosive barrels.

Community Member

Bond of Retribution might be an interesting tier three purchase even without its tier five follow-up. OK, you probably won't be spending all that much time at half health or less, but +1 crit multiplier is a powerful effect for an ability that you can dip into after sinking just 10 points into the tree. Could be worth testing out to see how it feels?

Then there's the defensive stuff. You can get +6 AC and/or +12 PRR from weapon bonds at a fairly low cost, assuming you're willing to live with the weapon bond mechanic at all.

Personally, I think Vampiric Bond would be very nice to have. A regular injection of temporary hit points for going about your ordinary business is kind of neat: too bad the opportunity cost is so high.

Community Member

I don't understand why two weapon fighting is penalized by the 1 second cooldown to build bond charges and to trigger kinetic bond. Part of the allure of two weapon fighting is getting more hits in and occult slayer seems to take away from that.