Community Member

Default Dear Quartermaster: How to sell your shared plat bank.

50,000 plat cap.

So with 2 million in my account, if I want to switch it to an alt, you want me to log in and out of the game... 40 times.... to access my money. 40 times, in and out, with a game that loses a little memory each login... so really you want me to totally restart my game about 20 times to be able to access my 'shared' money.

This is silly. I won't do it. You won't punish me that way. Guess I'll just have to keep asking trusted guldies to hold my plat for me, and deny you the income.

If you'd like this to sell like hotcakes, I'd suggest changing this to 500k plat.

If you do, I'll buy one today, if you don't modify the prices.

Deal?

(Yeah, okay, I didn't see the extra upgrade options, and no mention of it was given looking at the DDO store, so let's change the deal to 'make it 500k for 495 tp and i'll still buy one today)
    Last edited by eris2323; 08-31-2013 at 10:07 AM. Reason: cause i r stupid and ddo store is unclear

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Well, I think the point is that they want you to pay to upgrade the amount you can hold in the shared bank. Which, incidentally, I believe can be upgraded to 2 mil.
    It's definitely an N-word.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    Well, I think the point is that they want you to pay to upgrade the amount you can hold in the shared bank. Which, incidentally, I believe can be upgraded to 2 mil.
    Oh, you know what - I've been playing for years, and thought the limit was 50k, and that that wasn't enough to ever bother spending money on.

But I see you are correct, if I do 'show all' there are more options listed.

Then I'd like to amend my statement to: If you could actually make it clear that said item can be upgraded, more people would consider purchasing it.

Although not for that price, lol - I'm not paying them money to avoid rebooting DDO, a trusted guildie will do...

C'mon now. Seriously.

"If you pay us 5 bucks we'll allow you to reboot 40 times to access your money'

"If you pay us 20 bucks we'll allow you to reboot twice to access your money' (1 million limit I see)

How shady.

But hey, thanks for pointing that out!

Community Member

I bought all the Upgrades for it and got to say, 2mil is not enough.
    Give us a last upgrade to infinity and it would be a great feature.

(its 2mil with VIP, prem 1mil)
    Which is a bit ridicules considering that good items start with 1mil minbid..
    Last edited by Daemoneyes; 08-31-2013 at 10:07 AM.
    Taenebrae, Daemonsoul, Daemoneyes and Daemonheart of Argonessen
    Glitzakram - Trade Thread

I hereby nominate this thread to be in the running for Most Ridiculous DDO Complaint Ever.
    All that is wrong with DDO, life, taxes, poltics, religion, music, fast food, education, the criminal justice system, the weather, society, the universe, and previously-discontinued-but-now-on-their-way-back snack cakes, is all the fault of Wizards of the Coast. I know this because Fred told me so, and Mind Flayers are smart.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Philibusta View Post
    I hereby nominate this thread to be in the running for Most Ridiculous DDO Complaint Ever.
    There's been way worse. I'd lose.

DDO Store still needs to use basic marketing techniques to make money.

If I am not aware I can purchase something, they failed.

And now back to my coffee, I obviously need it.

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

The Shared Bank wasn't designed to transfer your entire plat capped wealth from one character to another (the devs have also said only about 5% of the population has plat capor even close to the plat cap) its meant so you can avoid needing to flip flop from character to charcater using a 3rd party to move money around instead you have easy access to say 50k plat
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Failedlegend View Post
    The Shared Bank wasn't designed to transfer your entire plat capped wealth from one character to another (the devs have also said only about 5% of the population has plat capor even close to the plat cap) its meant so you can avoid needing to flip flop from character to charcater using a 3rd party to move money around instead you have easy access to say 50k plat
    Why thank you; for doing the DDO Stores job and explaining their products to us, the consumer!

Point stands: They failed at making me aware there was any way to go above a 50k limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemoneyes View Post
    I bought all the Upgrades for it and got to say, 2mil is not enough.
    Give us a last upgrade to infinity and it would be a great feature.

(its 2mil with VIP, prem 1mil)
    Which is a bit ridicules considering that good items start with 1mil minbid..
    I have two premium accounts and have a 2.5 mil cap on both of them. Have you missed an upgrade ?
    Still, I agree it's too low.
    Owy Evoker FvS / Praledric Completionist Qstaff Rogue/Monk/Druid / Laraeph DC Wizard / Laraelph AA Monk/Ranger/Pally / Gaenry Shiradi Sorc/FvS/Wiz / Reasis SWF Pally & numerous others
    The Leveller for DDO!

Community Member

xx

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by -Zephyr- View Post
    I have two premium accounts and have a 2.5 mil cap on both of them. Have you missed an upgrade ?
    Still, I agree it's too low.

Hmm dunno maybe, i got 1mil max as prem. atm.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by eris2323 View Post
    There's been way worse. I'd lose.

DDO Store still needs to use basic marketing techniques to make money.

If I am not aware I can purchase something, they failed.

And now back to my coffee, I obviously need it.
    I think, in your embarrassment and chagrin, you've actually just called for them ADDING in additional Store buttons to the GUI.

That's a transgression worse than anything else you've done. Repent!

Honestly I would much rather they completely remove the hard cap and made plat shared across the account as with astral shard. As someone with shared plat bank on two accounts I wouldn't complain if they didn't refund or throw a kick-back for TP spent if they implemented the above.
    Officer of Disciples of the Apocalypse on Sarlona
    Himawari Life 3 - 1 FvS | Svipul Life 3 - 1 FvS | Chikaze Life 2 - 2 PAL / 2 MNK / 4 FVS
    Completionist Project: GLaDOS - Life 14 of ??: Bladeforged 'Zeus' - Started 22/02/14

Community Member

Default Shared Plat Bank

The max is $2.5 million - not sure if VIPs have a higher limit.

The DDO Store is bugged insofar as only one upgrade shows up at a time. Just buy one, close the store, then reopen it to get the next one until you get the final $2.5 upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Failedlegend View Post
    the devs also said only 8 people had their epic destinies capped.. . . ... . . ......

[...]

(Yeah, okay, I didn't see the extra upgrade options, and no mention of it was given looking at the DDO store, so let's change the deal to 'make it 500k for 495 tp and i'll still buy one today)
    Yes, make it 495 tp - because the 585 tp it currently costs to upgrade the plat bank from 50k to 500k is outrageous!

Point stands: They failed at making me aware there was any way to go above a 50k limit.
    Well if you would like Turbine could put up a nice big sign that says "Click here to upgrade the platinum limit". Personally though I prefer an interface that is not completely cluttered with advertisements.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers