Default Is something wrong with the loot tables?

Lately, I've been seeing a TON of:

- retribution (damage to attacker when wearer is struck)
    - elemental absorbsion
    - masterful craftsmanship
    - deathblock
    - ghostbane
    - deception

This was when I was playing on my ranger, if that makes any difference. The thing is, I've been seeing these more of these items than anything else. Also, I suspect that the chance for an augment slot to appear on an item has been increased a bit.

The volume of available loot affixes have gone from an olympic size swimming pool to something you might find in a back yard; there is simply a lot less options available for loot to be randomly generated from now.
    Last edited by PermaBanned; 08-30-2013 at 11:34 PM.
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

apparently new players were confused about ghost touch so the devs increased drop rates to the point its in almost every loot table now. looking at the end reward list is like looking at the lfm. its the same stuff over and over again. I would also say loot is dropping a lot more depending on class and race. more so class as ive seen a random dwarven axe here and there on my dwarf monk. variety would be nice once in awhile.

I have seen nothing from the old loot tables. It would seem that they have taken them out. Went through my buy back tab to repurchase any decent items from the old loot tables.

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    apparently new players were confused about ghost touch so the devs increased drop rates to the point its in almost every loot table now. looking at the end reward list is like looking at the lfm. its the same stuff over and over again. I would also say loot is dropping a lot more depending on class and race. more so class as ive seen a random dwarven axe here and there on my dwarf monk. variety would be nice once in awhile.
    I wish. I've seen a lot of Dwarven axes dropping for my Drow FvS.

Community Member

Default plz add a little old to the new

I REALLY WANTED THAT TIDAL ICE WATER BOW FOR MY PALLI but now it seems i can only get ghost touch shock or retributive so sad about that hope they mix it up a bit soon most of my wepons are preshadowfell but i only started like a week or 2 before the launch so they will soon be underpowered

Quote Originally Posted by 2pleasegimmie View Post
    ...seems some prude needs a dictionary.
    Rofl
    Indeed, it's as silly that people get offended about throwing sticks on a fire as it is when they get offended at being called happy...
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by esteban956 View Post
    I REALLY WANTED THAT TIDAL ICE WATER BOW FOR MY PALLI but now it seems i can only get ghost touch shock or retributive so sad about that hope they mix it up a bit soon most of my wepons are preshadowfell but i only started like a week or 2 before the launch so they will soon be underpowered
    And I really want a Keen V Khopesh of Mangling (the MOTU version) with a Red Slot.
    Argonessen: Breyard, Kayuss, Breymer, Vilar, Zhanmadao
    Guild: Fellowship of the Shrine
    Disclaimer: All my posts are in the official DnD language of Common. Common is not a standardised language, so if you think you see a spelling mistake - you are wrong!

It's making my end reward choosing much easier than before.

Is it a weapon? Don't take it.
    Is it an armor? Don't take it.
    Is it a shield? Don't take it.
    Is it an accessory? Check for slots, master craftsmanship or desirable combination abilities. Take if it's good.

For leveling up, it might be a different story, but so far I've found exactly 0 remotely desirable weapons, armor or shields from standard end reward lists at cap. Even the absolute best combination on a wonderful crafted armor or shield is still vendor trash.

I'm hoping that some of the old abilities get rotated back in soon. Also, what's the fear with making loot gen armor useful? I'm not understanding the hesitation. Guards do not scale well into higher difficulties and epic elite.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    I would also say loot is dropping a lot more depending on class and race. more so class as ive seen a random dwarven axe here and there on my dwarf monk. variety would be nice once in awhile.
    Don't forget Warforged and 3/4s of EVERY SINGLE End Reward being Vendor Trash Docents!

Look - I'm wearing a Docent - It's Named!

I don't need 6 Docents on every End Reward List - I need to sort out my other Gear Slots thank you very much!

2 or 3 Docents per Reward List is more than enough so that We get a Choice - We don't need SIX!

Also - Getting seriously fed up of Every Reward List being full of Items I can't use because of their Min Level Requirements!
    End-Gamers may love having +2 Loot Boosts but for those of us who are Levelling they're simply a Pain in the Posterior!

Running Elite Relic yesterday as a Lvl 12 - Every Single Reward was Lvl 16+!
    This is Ridiculous!

For the People who level fast - They're not interested in that gear anyway - They HAVE Most of what they need and yes might find something they can add in to their twink gear BUT most likely will stick to looking for specifics!

For the rest of us - Who don't level so fast - Again we might find something worth holding onto till we can use it {if we have bank space that is!} but most likely newbies will just get P'd off with only getting items that they can't use for another 2-4 levels!

When I joined DDO back in 2010 Loot was much weaker and you changed it {a good thing} BUT I feel you've taken things too far in the opposite direction!
    Newbies didn't like getting Min Lvl 1 End Rewards at Lvl 4!
    Getting Min Lvl 8 End Rewards at Lvl 4 is Far Worse!
    At least they could USE the Min Lvl 1 Stuff!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by redspecter23 View Post
    It's making my end reward choosing much easier than before.
    Is it a weapon? Don't take it.
    Is it an armor? Don't take it.
    Is it a shield? Don't take it.
    Is it an accessory? Check for slots...
    Basically this. Except a silver weapon with a red slot I pulled earlier. Which I thought is nice.

Community Member

On top of the distinct lack of variety, the loot level seems to be funky. Supposedly there's +2 loot bonus now, and I've been running EH stormhorns with a +2 loot gem. That should be lvl 32 loot, but it the value of the item properties seems to be basically the same as when I was running Wheloon mid-week.
    Gildus, Sabathiel, Einion, Yhvain

Cannith