Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by patang01 View Post
    And since Turbine keep releasing the latest Tomes for gold it's near impossible to sell a good Tome you pull yourself.
    Well maybe if people didn't keep trying to sell their tomes for 2 million plat for a +3, or 400+ shards for a +4, they might actually sell more often.

I can't blame this one on turbine. I've been watching tome prices on my server for a while and they're always crazy expensive.

If you want them to sell, price them lower.

Or people will be forced to use the DDO store, and it is actually YOUR fault

probably would have bought Shadowfell if I could have logged on to Lama so I could have checked out the new enhancements. I didn't like the restriction of having to buy to preview enhancements and other game changing things in the game that had nothing to do with the expansion. than character copy was not working when I could get on there as a VIP and when it was open beta.

the people I have talked to about the expansion said some of the loot wasn't that great and they beat the quests the first day on the highest difficulty. most said it was pretty challenging, but I know after a couple weeks people figure out how to beat it and than it becomes standard completion like other quests are.

Quote Originally Posted by eris2323 View Post
    Well maybe if people didn't keep trying to sell their tomes for 2 million plat for a +3, or 400+ shards for a +4, they might actually sell more often.

I can't blame this one on turbine. I've been watching tome prices on my server for a while and they're always crazy expensive.

If you want them to sell, price them lower.

Or people will be forced to use the DDO store, and it is actually YOUR fault
    ^this

but it is easier to sell tomes for plat. its an easy disposable income for some of us who have plat burning a hole through our belt bags. I look at the P2WAH all the time and cant believe the prices are so high.

Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post

I bought the collector's edition, and yes it was stupid, but I actually thought it'd be more like eGH and less like 3BC.
    Wheloon seems to be an amalgamation of everything bad in Necropolis!

Insanely Irritating Mobs - Check!
    Long Periods of Nothing followed by Red Alert THEN back to Nothing again till the next Red Alert! - Check!
    Inferno of the Damned - Check!
    Multiple Mazes - Check!
    Trapper a Necessity - Check!
    Every End Boss the Same - Check!

And then we get Bad from Elsewhere added in:

Annoying Epilepsy causing Graphics - Check!
    Explorers with Requirements before you can find them - Check!

And my New Pet Peeve:

Lizard Folk being Troglodytes in all but name!

Look - Tangleroot would have been perfect for Lizard Folk - We got Trogs instead.
    Wheloon's Sewers are Perfect for Trogs - Now we get Lizard Folk and you shoe-horn them in there!

And worst of all - There is NO WAY I'm gonna bother Slaying in Wheloon - I have always been a defender of Explorer Zones BUT NOT ANY MORE!
    Wheloon is So bad it Hurts!
    It's instantly made it to #1 on my list of Worst Explorers in the Game!

If Wheloon was anything like 3 Barrel I'd be ecstatic!
    It's NOT though!
    Last edited by FranOhmsford; 08-31-2013 at 09:16 AM.

I think the biggest thing is once you've run all the quests on elite there's nothing left to do. It's just too small, calling it an "expansion" is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    Yes, I agree. I'm one of the sinners, and on behalf of us all, I profoundly apologize to everyone else. I am sorry if this leads to more of the same in the future.
    For us addicts, it was a hard sell. As (one of the seemingly few) who thoroughly enjoyed MoTU enough to buy it for 4 accounts- I too stood on the edge at 12:00am of the last day trying to arguing with myself to not buy it. Then- I reminded myself of the 75% off sale on MoTU that happened 3 months after release and held out.
    Well- that and absence of a Raid. I asked myself- "Self, would you spend 50$ on Three Barrel Cove & Sorrowdusk Isle if they bundled it with a flying kitten?"

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Arnez View Post
    For us addicts, it was a hard sell. As (one of the seemingly few) who thoroughly enjoyed MoTU enough to buy it for 4 accounts- I too stood on the edge at 12:00am of the last day trying to arguing with myself to not buy it. Then- I reminded myself of the 75% off sale on MoTU that happened 3 months after release and held out.
    Well- that and absence of a Raid. I asked myself- "Self, would you spend 50$ on Three Barrel Cove & Sorrowdusk Isle if they bundled it with a flying kitten?"
    But... kittens!

I bought it because I'm an addict. I'd still like to apologize to everyone for encouraging them to do this kind of "expansion" again.
    It's definitely an N-word.

Community Member

I'm not gonna say I told you so.

Wait, yes I am. I told you so.

I absolutely did. To everyone who preordered the thing before the content was even announced. I mentioned it on the forums. I warned guildies to wait until they at least gave us details. And I knew there would still be plenty of folks who'd shell out for it ASAP and then cry foul when it came along, because this community is nothing if not predictable [within 2 pages Chai will shoehorn in a p2w argument]. I bet someone at Turbine's figured that one out by now.

And hey, if you enjoy it, by all means continue to enjoy it. I hear there are Griffons.

The fact that there are maybe two or three named items worth getting out of the whole pack (EE goggles and EE gloves, and perhaps the Nether Orb), coupled with a reduced amount of randomgen effects, means that loot is very bland now.

Loot is the driving force in this game, and the reason people do anything. Why do people still run Shroud, even though it's one of the oldest raids and offers no semblance of challenge to LV28 toons even on Elite? Because it still has relevant loot. The loot in this new pack is, frankly, not very good. Sure, there are a couple exceptions but the majority of it just doesn't quicken your pulse like some of the things in High Road or eGH. And then you have head-scratchers like why the EE Giant's Fist has a mere +4 enhancement bonus. WHAT IS UP WITH THAT?! It would be a really nice weapon, if it had a +8 or +10 enhancement bonus, as a ML28 EE item SHOULD.

So, after playing the quests a couple times and realizing the loot is not all that thrilling, people went back to whatever they were doing prior to the expansion. Some quit again, some went back to TRing.
    Last edited by djl; 08-31-2013 at 11:35 AM.

Too little bang for too much buck.

I am beyond glad I haven't dropped money on this expansion, and never plan to. Shadowfell is Shadowfail.
    Last edited by Memnir; 08-31-2013 at 11:40 AM.

Default I confess

That I spent the money for the pre-purchase and the legendary upgrade. Overall I have been really disappointed. Whilst MotUD was bug ridden (many of those bugs remain), that aside I still enjoyed the expansion...liked the quests and the loot changes.

This? No. None of it really. So much fail. And then deciding it is time to take a break from the game as I have done before from time to time when frustrated or bored, (granted MotUD kept me playing for several months) I canceled my VIP account today. Received an email:

"Hello DDODefault FTUIPack Account Creation,

You are receiving this email to confirm your subscription cancellation"

Nice personal touch there. Even their auto emails are bugged.

If you bought, youre stuck with it. So why complain?

If you didnt, why complain?

Oh... right... DDO forums, silly me.
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    ^this

but it is easier to sell tomes for plat. its an easy disposable income for some of us who have plat burning a hole through our belt bags. I look at the P2WAH all the time and cant believe the prices are so high.
    Yeah, if you can buy +4 upgrade for several hundred TP in store and exactly same tome for 500 astral shards (cheapest, some people are asking 1000s), which is what - 10 times more TP, which one would you buy? This one is definitely not on turbine to blame not really related but on my server an item appeared on ASAH with buyout of 25,550 astral shards, yes, not joking somebody thought an item from this game is worth $1500.

Quote Originally Posted by bartharok View Post
    If you bought, youre stuck with it. So why complain?

If you didnt, why complain?

Oh... right... DDO forums, silly me.
    I bought it when it first came out, I figured it would be at least on par with MOTU, instead its about 1/3 of what MOTU was. With horrible named loot and a badly re-done loot system. I regret spending the money. Next time (if there is a next time) I will be doing what Memnir is doing waiting for the 75% off sale. I suspect they won't be able to get away with another expansion because of this bait and switch.

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Vordax View Post
    I bought it when it first came out, I figured it would be at least on par with MOTU, instead its about 1/3 of what MOTU was. With horrible named loot and a badly re-done loot system. I regret spending the money. Next time (if there is a next time) I will be doing what Memnir is doing waiting for the 75% off sale. I suspect they won't be able to get away with another expansion because of this bait and switch.
    Oh, you DO know that only the ones who dislike it spend their days on the forums telling how bad it is. The rest just play.

Quote Originally Posted by bartharok View Post
    Oh, you DO know that only the ones who dislike it spend their days on the forums telling how bad it is. The rest just play.
    And you spend your time on the forums trolling those who criticize the update instead of playing it yourself.

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Vordax View Post
    And you spend your time on the forums trolling those who criticize the update instead of playing it yourself.
    Cant play at work, but i can troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    Too little bang for too much buck.

I am beyond glad I haven't dropped money on this expansion, and never plan to. Shadowfell is Shadowfail.
    Thirty bucks is too much buck? Lol. That isn't even as much as a decent pizza and drinks.

Love how all these angsty 'quitters' who have NOT purchased Shadowfell know all about how bad it is.

Honestly, this post is funnier than any goofy gif you've ever put up.

Quote Originally Posted by Postumus View Post
    Thirty bucks is too much buck? Lol. That isn't even as much as a decent pizza and drinks.

Love how all these angsty 'quitters' who have NOT purchased Shadowfell know all about how bad it is.

Honestly, this post is funnier than any goofy gif you've ever put up.
    $30 bucks isn't that much, I bought the legendary upgrade too, but for me its not really about the money. Its what the money purchased. I was expecting a MOTU like pack. Instead we got 10 quests, no raids, 3 levels with no real increase in power (the destiny feats are pretty lame) and craptastic named loot and a very lacking new random loot system.

I was hoping for something that would pull me back (and my guildies) in and want to play. Loot is a driving factor for many people to play an MMO and it is severely lacking in this update (I mean expansion).

Do you think this Expansion compares favorably to MOTU?

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

Well it's Sunday morning.
    Time to vent some frustration.

Bought the minimum version to get all the shinies.

The Legendary Upgrade had no appeal, the Owlbear is more or less useless as the Kitty has more survivability and punch.

Now honestly, the content is barely at level with a standard update in quantity... As for quality....

Wheloon is a real pain. Between that purple nuisance that makes you see nothing and blinds you when it comes and go,
    the stupidity of a mazelike explorer area, the just plain annoyance of respawning mob ( why did you move to that for all the new areas... areas that you can empty of all the mob are way way way better IMHO ? ), the retarded idea that requiring a rare to get an explorer is bright and the inability to reach quests without requiring a teleporter in such a small area makes it go at the top of the list of the Do Not Want To Go There areas ( above Demonweb and Restless Isle ).

Stormhorn is nice ( beside the fact that I'd like to be able to empty it but can't due to the stupid respawns ).

Now the Retarded Streak is still there as a grouping killer, so a lot of people are just waiting until they have friends they know can cope with EE difficulty zergs to group with and do not try to group with others... It's even worse in the new quests where the difference in level and gear becomes obvious between those that have and those that have not. Plese, please, kill that Streak fast, it's killing the game.

Then there's a few other stuff that irks players away from the game :

- Fubared Guest passes ( ok, now they are fixed ) drove players away at least for a bit, as those players couldn't enter areas they didn't own.
    - Fubared 20th reward Lists drove players away ( sometime permanently ) as it's the only thing we have left to do at end game.
    - Fubared Raid Counters is a killer, and it's going to drive people away if it's not fixed the right way and fast.
    ( and nobody believe the 'No Epic record before MoTU' stupidity you told Tolero to say to us because we have proofs it's incorrect. )
    - Semi-fubared Enhancement Crash that makes us spend hours to rebuild our characters.
    ( this drove away people, they couldn't be arsed to spend an hour on each and every of their characters to fix them under the new system while avoiding all the broken things. )
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast