Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Starting Static Group - 1 or 2 nights a week

Hi All,

I'm a returning player looking to start a new static group with the following rules :

First run Elite only
    No AH use - drops, end rewards , challenge buyables only (possibly vendor buyables also, can be discussed)
    No multiclassing and only one of any class.
    No Zerg. We will have players of all ability levels and I want every to have fun and learn from one another.

I'd like to get the group together 2 nights a week after 8:30 EST and run until 11:00 or so. If 2 nights is too much for some, 1 night a week will do.

Players of all skill levels, experience, ect... are welcome.
    VIP, Premium and FTP are welcome, but non VIPs may need to purchase some packs here and there.

I've been gone a long time so I'm looking forward to meeting some new players and having some fun learning all the changes to the game. If you are interested, please PM me or respond to the thread and I'll contact you.

Cheers,

3 Slots still open for anyone interested.

Current Party

Rogue Lvl 3 - Alaunriia
    Cleric Lvl 3 - Valuren
    Bard Lvl 3 - Horsepackage

All other classes still open.
    Last edited by Varhann; 09-12-2013 at 02:59 PM.

Community Member

I've also been away from DDO for a while, and am looking for a change of pace. Haven't re-subbed yet, so still premium but I own all the packs I needed for chain TRing... access to a good amount of stuff.

What server did you have in mind? Wouldn't mind rolling a fresh bard somewhere away from my pile of loot on Ghallanda.

I was waiting on folks showing interest before deciding on a server. Any server would work but I wanted to get a consensus first.

A bard would be a welcome addition to the group, so if you are really interested there is still space. Let me know.

3 spaces left in the group.

Only class that has been chosen is Bard, so it's wide open if you've always wanted to try X class but were nervous or never had a chance. No judgements here

I'm looking to get us together within a few days and work out all the details.

For those of you who have never tried a Static group before, you should consider giving it a shot. Some of the best times I've had in game and some of the best people I've met. Enough said.

Cheers.
    Last edited by Varhann; 09-04-2013 at 08:24 PM.

Still 3 spots left for anyone who wants to join in on the fun.

We currently have :
    Rogue
    Cleric
    Bard

All other classes open and welcome.

We will be playing on Cannith server. Day(s) and times to be announced.

Default Static Fix is formed - First night results

Our first night Meet and Greet went well. It was decided that we would play on Wed nights at 9:00 EST until 11 ish.
    The group formed the guild "Static Fix", we reviewed the rules and ran a few quests. Due to connection issues, we called the night early.

Quests run :
    Storehouse Secret / Elite
    Heyton's Rest / Elite
    The Cannith Crystal / Elite
    The Collaborator / Elite
    Stopping the Sahuagin / Eilte

Everyone level up to 2, divided up loot and logged. All in all, it was a great start .

We still have 3 openings in the group if anyone is still interested. Send me a PM or reply to this thread and I'll get in touch.

Default Week 1 results

Our first full play session went great (no deaths, no issues, fun had by all, ect..) Our play style and roles are filling out and we work well together as a team. All in all, good times

Quests Completed

Sacrifices - Elite
    Redemption - Elite
    Necromancers Doom - Elite
    Misery's Peak - Elite
    Information is Key - Elite
    Durk's Got a Secret - Elite
    Defend Haverdasher - Elite

Major Loot Find - 1 Muckbane (Horsepackage)

Everyone leveled up to 3. Being well under geared is making this challenging, but fun.

We still have room for more if any would like to join. We are not so far along that anyone could catch up within a few hours of play. Or are ya a chicken? Come on, join us, I dare ya

Cheers,

Community Member

I'm interested in playing.

Either a Wizard or a Fighter; not sure which. I'm coming back after more than a year of hiatus, so I've got to figure out the enhancement changes

The timing works for me; as for packs and the like, I have Vale and Devils of Shavarath and a couple of epic ones (the House D and House P lines, specifically).

Quote Originally Posted by LordOf13 View Post
    I'm interested in playing.

Either a Wizard or a Fighter; not sure which. I'm coming back after more than a year of hiatus, so I've got to figure out the enhancement changes

The timing works for me; as for packs and the like, I have Vale and Devils of Shavarath and a couple of epic ones (the House D and House P lines, specifically).
    Great. You are welcome to join us with either a Fighter or Wizard. Please let me know exactly what you are going to play and I'll add you to the listing.

You will need to run the above quests on Elite, following the rules we have set forth. Once you do that, you should be exactly where we are xp wise. If you need a hand or have any questions, please let me know and I'll help you out.

Cheers,

Default Week 2 results

This week we added two new players. Welcome aboard Statickat, Monk and Silonus, Wizard

We had one death, our wizard. I have to give him credit for taking that Lightning Bolt to the face at level 2, distracting the kobold long enough for us to kill it. Kobold Shamans and unlimited SP, a pox on you all

We completed the following quests :
    Walk the Butchers Path - Elite
    Garrisons Missing Pack - Elite (mmm,kay)
    Kobolds New Ringleader - Elite
    Baudry Cartamon Chain - Elite
    Recovering the Lost Tome - Elite

Major Loot finds - nothing great this week.

With the addition of two new players, we noticed the scaling increase. While it made it a bit more challenging, it wasn't that bad and we adjusted just fine.
    Everyone leveled up to 4, except Silonus. He will get caught up during the week.

We discussed finishing up the Harbor next week and heading over to House C for some challenges.

There is still room for one more player if anyone is still interested. Classes still open are : Sorcerer, Paladin, Fighter, Druid, Artificer, Favored Soul and Barbarian.
    Please contact me in this thread or via PM . I will lend a hand getting caught up to us and it should only take a few hours.

Cheers,

Default Week 3 Results

Week 3 went well. We started off finishing off any Lvl2 quests we had not completed and decided to run a few House C challenges. Silonus logged in late. Statickat was absent.

Quest completed
    Sunken Sewer - Elite
    Missing in Action - Elite
    Smugglers Warehouse - Elite
    Where There's Smoke - Elite
    The Captives - Elite

Challenges complete
    Behind the Door (lvl4) - x2
    Kobold Chaos (lvl4) - x2

Major Loot Finds - Nothing remarkable but Horse obtained a Frost Greataxe and Valuren obtained a Devotion scepter.

It was decided that on nights that two or more folks are missing, we will run challenges for the first hour to give latecomers time to log in. Challenge rewards will be hoarded to buy and upgrade items from the challenge vendors. A limit still needs to be decided on how many challenge items can be obtained.

We still have space for 1 more player. Please contact me via this thread or PM.

Cheers,

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Varhann View Post
    Week 3 went well. We started off finishing off any Lvl2 quests we had not completed and decided to run a few House C challenges. Silonus logged in late. Statickat was absent.

Quest completed
    Sunken Sewer - Elite
    Missing in Action - Elite
    Smugglers Warehouse - Elite
    Where There's Smoke - Elite
    The Captives - Elite

Challenges complete
    Behind the Door (lvl4) - x2
    Kobold Chaos (lvl4) - x2

Major Loot Finds - Nothing remarkable but Horse obtained a Frost Greataxe and Valuren obtained a Devotion scepter.

It was decided that on nights that two or more folks are missing, we will run challenges for the first hour to give latecomers time to log in. Challenge rewards will be hoarded to buy and upgrade items from the challenge vendors. A limit still needs to be decided on how many challenge items can be obtained.

We still have space for 1 more player. Please contact me via this thread or PM.

Cheers,
    Hello, I might be interested to join this static group. I'm still considering if I can fit in the time zones since I'm from EU. But there seems to be lack of static groups for ppl in EU timezones.

If I'm starting, I would like to try a barbarian (I've never played this class before).

Quote Originally Posted by learst View Post
    Hello, I might be interested to join this static group. I'm still considering if I can fit in the time zones since I'm from EU. But there seems to be lack of static groups for ppl in EU timezones.

If I'm starting, I would like to try a barbarian (I've never played this class before).
    If you are interested you are welcome to join. My only concern is that we play 9pm EST on Wed nights. That would be pretty early in the AM for you.

Please let me know if this would still work.

Cheers,

Default Week 4 and 5 results

Week 4 was a non event. We had a few folks missing due to log in issues, so we called it quits early.

Quests completed -
    Lava Caves : Circles of Power once -1 star completion, but it was Alaunriia's first time in the challenge and we were a duo. No deaths.
    Redfang the Unruled - Elite - 1 death do to a crit from the troll. Crit happens

Week 5 was a great week. We managed to get a lot done and worked very well together. Statickat and Silonus were absent.

Quests completed -
    Lava Caves : Circles of Power x2 Both completions 2 stars
    The Kobold's Den: Clan Gnashtooth - Elite - No deaths
    The Kobold's Den: Rescuing Arlos - Elite - 1 death, Valuren took a Lightning Bolt to the mug while healing the others and neglected his resist buffs. Bad cleric.

Major Loot Finds -
    Everyone managed to get a challenge item from the Cannith broker.
    Horsepackage looted a +2 Acid II Falchion of Ghostbane,
    Alaunriia looted a +3 Clever cloak.
    Valuren got a rock.

The group leveled up to 5. All in all, a great night. We are working well together and have been able to speed things up.

We are still looking for another player or two. Please contact me via PM or this thread. If you are looking for a good challenge and a static group, this is the place for you. You won't be disappointed.

Community Member

Default Interested in joining

hi i would like to join ur group if there is still room? i have a lvl 4 arti named warficerd. i will be on tonite plz send tell if there is room thank u

Default Been a while...looking for more

Been a while since I posted progress, but the group is going strong. The last few weeks have been good times. Solid play, really nice folks and a lot of fun balanced with enough challenge to keep things interesting.

Group is as follows:
    Valuren - Cleric 9 (banking 10)
    Alaunriia - Rogue 9 (banking 10)
    Horsepackage - Bard 8 (banking 9)
    Warficerd - Artificer 9 (banking 10)

We have completed most content up to level 7-8 and run the occasional challenge on short manned nights.

We are always looking for more and all are welcome to join. We only ask that you follow the guidelines posted in the first thread and join us with an open mind. All classes are open except those already taken.
    If interested, please PM me or reply here.

Due to the holidays, we are taking a break until after the New Year. Next play session will be Jan 7th.

Default Power Out

I probably won't make it tonight. Power is out due to ice storms.

Run whatever you feel like and have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Varhann View Post
    I probably won't make it tonight. Power is out due to ice storms.

Run whatever you feel like and have fun.
    I won't make it either.

Default Hopefully not too too late..

Hi All,

I am interested in joining you guys if there is room. I have been looking for a static group on a different server from mine to get away from the zerg pug scene for an evening each week. It looks like you are all having a great time and I am sorry I didn't see this from the beginning.

My mains are on Thelanis and I am on the east coast. Wednesdays 9pm are perfect for me. I will jump a character to lvl 7 on Cannith and let you know what name I come up with. If I can't get ready for tonight in time I will definitely be up to speed for next week.

I am considering a great sword Paladin to add another raise dead chance to the group and some muscle. I can also go fighter.

Thanks in advance.

Hi TankerWade,A couple of updates, the group now runs from 8pm est to 10 pm est. on Wednesday night. We seem to have lost our bard and artificer but gained a PDK fighter. A pally would be great, if still interested let us know. We are at level 10 at this time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast