Community Member

Default Things That Are Missing from DDO

So, I don't understand why, instead of making stupid changes to the game like:

Removing poison/disease immunity
    Changing basic combat system
    Making magic items exceptionally boring
    Giving everything and its dog the Evasion ability
    Nerfing fortification
    Nerfing spellcasters
    Nerfing spells (Wail, FoM anyone?)
    Astral shards
    And every other single bad decision made over the last year or so,

The developers aren't working on adding to the game. There are still quite a few things from D&D that are missing from teh game and should be added, like:

Psionics
    Gnomes
    Boatloads of magic items that exist in PNP
    Low-light vision
    Darkvision
    Spells (seriously, give me fly - not having it is lazy; give me polymorph, protection from arrows, wish and miracle; not including these things is the sign of weak design capabilities)
    Rope
    Spears
    Stupid only-in-D&D exotic weapons

Seriously, please start adding to the game instead of detracting from it. Thanks.

What about Gnomes?
    Member and owner of "The Mad Midgets" of Khyber.
    Characters; Skrangle, Eileenia, Thyrantraxus, Clonkstar, Eilert, Nidvisa, Sellyse, Lobotobias, Crimsoneye, Whimpsy, Meeep, Maszter, Andromansis etc

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeEyedBob View Post
    What about Gnomes?
    Gnome is the last core player races of D&D.

It should be in the game, just like Goblins should be a mob in the game. Without either Gnomes as a player race and Goblins as a mob in the campaign setting, it can't sincerely be called a D&D game.

Hey everyone, check out our new class!

It's a Warforge Paladin!

Hey everyone, we're adding epic spells!

Wait, no.

They're feats.

But they're like spells.

And epic.

But, they're epic spells... er, feats.

Well, wizards can get them. But there's no spell list.

But... uh, well, we're not really sure what the difference is between a spell and a feat. This is just a little confusing.

Maybe we'll phase them out altogether.

On the bright side, Shadar Kai can swing around a chain they don't have.

Where's mah wand bracelet ??!

(was supposed to be added with Cannith Challenges)

why is it when people talk about nerfs its always casters and spells? melees get nerfs too you know.

Community Member

When I was 9 in the first dungeon I ever Dungeonmastered I had a lone kobold with 1 HP guarding a treasure chest with 50,000 gold pieces in it.

When I was 10 I DM'ed a game where a Portuguese Man'o'War appeared from a pool wielding a two handed sword. When I read the Monster Manual I didn't realise it was a jellyfish, I thought it was a Man'o'War from Portugal.

Quoted these as some more reasonable suggestions for additions to this fine game.

I don't think any of these things are really NEEDED in DDO when we have clerics in the harbour walking around turning pale masters for fun. Priorities.
    Server: Khyber
    Completionist!
    Pyrerose, the Mother of Life
    Life #26: Honey I Shrunk the Warlock - Pure 20 Warlock

Quote Originally Posted by Hoglum View Post
    Hey everyone, we're adding epic spells!

They're feats.
    But you have to have somewhere to put your shoes, and what can be better than to magic them on?

Earth and and full time at work: I move 400 lb stainless steel Refrigerators with ease!

Smile

On the bright side, Shadar Kai can swing around a chain they don't have.
    LOL

<----see the picture of that guy in the background on our left with the cloak and two swords. He is missing the 20 or 50 other weapons we can all carry around like they are nothing. So he must be gimp. Not to mention the 5 to 10 or so outfits we carry and with no horses! Our characters are amazing that they can carry so much gear. I am willing to let it go. Shadar Kai get chains they don't have and we get our unrealistic gear to carry around. I can remember when I was playing pnp when I was 12 with a Fighter who had 150 catapults in his backpack.

This game breaks those kind of rules. We need to get tough and have a limit on the number of weapons we can carry then so it is not ridiculous like it is now.

Nah just kidding. It would not be feasible to make a game such as this if we were limited to real life restrictions. Or would it? Would it be more fun to only be allowed 10 potions, 5 weapons at the most and one outfit and 10 scrolls. Rogues get to carry around 5 traps.
    Once wizards use a spell, that's it for that spell! One time use and they have to shrine again if they want to use the same spell again! Wanna cast two fireballs! well tough! Etc. Lets get hardcore!
    Last edited by zDragonz; 08-31-2013 at 03:08 PM.

Hey everyone, check out our new class!

It's a Warforge Paladin!
    I thought that was a new race? lol

Dragon born.

DDO needs dragon born.

Quote Originally Posted by dynathecat View Post
    dragon born.

Ddo needs dragon born.
    no we dont

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Quote Originally Posted by zDragonz View Post
    LOL

<----see the picture of that guy in the background on our left with the cloak and two swords. He is missing the 20 or 50 other weapons we can all carry around like they are nothing. So he must be gimp. Not to mention the 5 to 10 or so outfits we carry and with no horses! Our characters are amazing that they can carry so much gear. I am willing to let it go. Shadar Kai get chains they don't have and we get our unrealistic gear to carry around. I can remember when I was playing pnp when I was 12 with a Fighter who had 150 catapults in his backpack.

This game breaks those kind of rules. We need to get tough and have a limit on the number of weapons we can carry then so it is not ridiculous like it is now.

Nah just kidding. It would not be feasible to make a game such as this if we were limited to real life restrictions. Or would it? Would it be more fun to only be allowed 10 potions, 5 weapons at the most and one outfit and 10 scrolls. Rogues get to carry around 5 traps.
    Once wizards use a spell, that's it for that spell! One time use and they have to shrine again if they want to use the same spell again! Wanna cast two fireballs! well tough! Etc. Lets get hardcore!

Oh, yeah, well I can jump off a cliff and change my boots before I hit the ground! Glide nice and easy for a smoooooth landing!

BTW, all the weapons and gear make perfect sense. That Halfling caddy always following me around is a huge plat sink!

Earth and and full time at work: I move 400 lb stainless steel Refrigerators with ease!

Oh, yeah, well I can jump off a cliff and change my boots before I hit the ground! Glide nice and easy for a smoooooth landing!
    Wow! That is impressive!

Well I can cast a firewall with my Wizard and lead intelligent mobs through it one way and then the other. Also my firewall spell is spec't to only hurt the bad guys. My Friends in my party have built in sensors matching the spec't so they do not get hurt.

It is pretty sweet!