Community Member

Default EVASION! And the Things That Should Not Have It!

This is not a complete list by any means, but just some of the things that should not have evasion and would not have evasion if the developers didn't hate everything this game is based on:

Training dummy
    Portals
    Minotaurs
    The final red name bad guy in STK
    Earth Elementals
    Hobgoblin clerics
    Orthons
    EDIT: bog standard Troglodytes
    EDIT: Dogs
    Most everything else you have given evasion to lately because you apparently dont' want to design a game based on 3E.

Seriously, just rebuild the game you want and get it over with instead of this nickel and dime ****.
    Last edited by FalseFlag; 08-30-2013 at 03:00 PM.

Community Member

Pretty sure most of the things you listed don't have Evasion. There's just a bug currently that shows "Evade" over monsters that make a save (and not just reflex saves, any save).

Community Member

One question is if they're just being displayed as having Evaded, or if they actually are. I'm pretty sure I saw a mob "Evading" something with a Fort save.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by FalseFlag View Post
    This is not a complete list by any means, but just some of the things that should not have evasion and would not have evasion if the developers didn't hate everything this game is based on:

Training dummy
    Portals
    Minotaurs
    The final red name bad guy in STK
    Earth Elementals
    Hobgoblin clerics
    Orthons
    EDIT: bog standard Troglodytes
    EDIT: Dogs
    Most everything else you have given evasion to lately because you apparently dont' want to design a game based on 3E.

Seriously, just rebuild the game you want and get it over with instead of this nickel and dime ****.
    I can't even comprehend how bad you have to be at this game to not recognize a display bug. Here's a hint. When things "evade", they don't take damage!

Yes, this is definitely a display bug.
    I routinely see evade pop up over most mobs when using my frost lance SLA. (Which is a fort save) Yes, they are still taking damage.

On another note, I wonder why the magefire canons in the house C manufactury have reflex saves? (It's probably been like this forever, but I never noticed until last night.)
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

I personally agree that way too many higher level mobs have evasion. It just doesn't make sense to me why every evocation spell I toss has to be absolute highest caster level with all +evocation DC items in order to even hit them.
    But I don't get how you would even be able to see if the training dummy has evasion since you can't cast spells on it.
    Server: Khyber
    Completionist!
    Pyrerose, the Mother of Life
    Life #26: Honey I Shrunk the Warlock - Pure 20 Warlock

Quote Originally Posted by Chaoscheerio View Post
    I personally agree that way too many higher level mobs have evasion. It just doesn't make sense to me why every evocation spell I toss has to be absolute highest caster level with all +evocation DC items in order to even hit them.
    But I don't get how you would even be able to see if the training dummy has evasion since you can't cast spells on it.
    Make an arti grab the flicker rune arm and shoot at it.
    Dummy gets a saving throw.

Charged Gauntlets proc? I don't remember seeing "Evade", but it does succeed Reflex saves for half damage.

Community Member

Question since were on evasion im going to take the next step

why is uncanny dodge not passive by definition evaision is a response to a preceved threat and uncanny dodge is like spidey sence???? its like handing someone kevlar and saying put this on before you get shot, no not now wait till just before they pull the trigger?!

Community Member

splash wepons like thunderstone

Quote Originally Posted by esteban956 View Post
    why is uncanny dodge not passive by definition evaision is a response to a preceved threat and uncanny dodge is like spidey sence???? its like handing someone kevlar and saying put this on before you get shot, no not now wait till just before they pull the trigger?!
    Less usage of "?" and "!" please, it just makes you sound childish.

Anyway, it IS passive. You gain X% dodge passively, based on how often it is acquired.

Quote Originally Posted by Ykt View Post
    Charged Gauntlets proc? I don't remember seeing "Evade", but it does succeed Reflex saves for half damage.
    Yes, on a 20.

Carry on.
    ~ Gaeryus (Sor14/FvS4/Pal2) Firebrand ~ ~ Phlegma (12Fgt/6Rog/2Pal)(L13)(eTR2) van Moyst ~
    ~ Hakashe (Pal14/Monk6)(L3)Nurigatu ~ ~ Koergan (Cle17/Brb2/Fgt1)Flamebeard ~
    Ex-Captain of the Flying Funk ~ ~ Ascent ~ ~ Epic Farming Videos ~ ~ New and Exciting Bugs