Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    302

    Default EVASION! And the Things That Should Not Have It!

    This is not a complete list by any means, but just some of the things that should not have evasion and would not have evasion if the developers didn't hate everything this game is based on:

    Training dummy
    Portals
    Minotaurs
    The final red name bad guy in STK
    Earth Elementals
    Hobgoblin clerics
    Orthons
    EDIT: bog standard Troglodytes
    EDIT: Dogs
    Most everything else you have given evasion to lately because you apparently dont' want to design a game based on 3E.

    Seriously, just rebuild the game you want and get it over with instead of this nickel and dime ****.
    Last edited by FalseFlag; 08-30-2013 at 03:00 PM.

  2. #2
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    827

    Default

    Pretty sure most of the things you listed don't have Evasion. There's just a bug currently that shows "Evade" over monsters that make a save (and not just reflex saves, any save).

  3. #3
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    801

    Default

    One question is if they're just being displayed as having Evaded, or if they actually are. I'm pretty sure I saw a mob "Evading" something with a Fort save.

  4. #4
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FalseFlag View Post
    This is not a complete list by any means, but just some of the things that should not have evasion and would not have evasion if the developers didn't hate everything this game is based on:

    Training dummy
    Portals
    Minotaurs
    The final red name bad guy in STK
    Earth Elementals
    Hobgoblin clerics
    Orthons
    EDIT: bog standard Troglodytes
    EDIT: Dogs
    Most everything else you have given evasion to lately because you apparently dont' want to design a game based on 3E.

    Seriously, just rebuild the game you want and get it over with instead of this nickel and dime ****.
    I can't even comprehend how bad you have to be at this game to not recognize a display bug. Here's a hint. When things "evade", they don't take damage!

  5. #5
    The Hatchery danotmano1998's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The rainy side of earth
    Posts
    4,199

    Default

    Yes, this is definitely a display bug.
    I routinely see evade pop up over most mobs when using my frost lance SLA. (Which is a fort save) Yes, they are still taking damage.

    On another note, I wonder why the magefire canons in the house C manufactury have reflex saves? (It's probably been like this forever, but I never noticed until last night.)
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

    Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

  6. #6
    Community Member Chaoscheerio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Canaderp
    Posts
    203

    Default

    I personally agree that way too many higher level mobs have evasion. It just doesn't make sense to me why every evocation spell I toss has to be absolute highest caster level with all +evocation DC items in order to even hit them.
    But I don't get how you would even be able to see if the training dummy has evasion since you can't cast spells on it.
    Server: Khyber
    Completionist!
    Pyrerose, the Mother of Life
    Life #26: Honey I Shrunk the Warlock - Pure 20 Warlock

  7. #7
    Community Member Toro12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Philly Burbs
    Posts
    486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaoscheerio View Post
    I personally agree that way too many higher level mobs have evasion. It just doesn't make sense to me why every evocation spell I toss has to be absolute highest caster level with all +evocation DC items in order to even hit them.
    But I don't get how you would even be able to see if the training dummy has evasion since you can't cast spells on it.
    Make an arti grab the flicker rune arm and shoot at it.
    Dummy gets a saving throw.

  8. #8
    Community Member Ykt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaoscheerio View Post
    But I don't get how you would even be able to see if the training dummy has evasion since you can't cast spells on it.
    Charged Gauntlets proc? I don't remember seeing "Evade", but it does succeed Reflex saves for half damage.

  9. #9
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    the rgv in south texas
    Posts
    19

    Question since were on evasion im going to take the next step

    why is uncanny dodge not passive by definition evaision is a response to a preceved threat and uncanny dodge is like spidey sence???? its like handing someone kevlar and saying put this on before you get shot, no not now wait till just before they pull the trigger?!

  10. #10
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    the rgv in south texas
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaoscheerio View Post
    But I don't get how you would even be able to see if the training dummy has evasion since you can't cast spells on it.
    splash wepons like thunderstone

  11. #11
    Community Member Soulfurnace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Land of Oz
    Posts
    1,534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by esteban956 View Post
    why is uncanny dodge not passive by definition evaision is a response to a preceved threat and uncanny dodge is like spidey sence???? its like handing someone kevlar and saying put this on before you get shot, no not now wait till just before they pull the trigger?!
    Less usage of "?" and "!" please, it just makes you sound childish.

    Anyway, it IS passive. You gain X% dodge passively, based on how often it is acquired.

  12. #12
    Community Member ddo.rsmo.pt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ykt View Post
    Charged Gauntlets proc? I don't remember seeing "Evade", but it does succeed Reflex saves for half damage.
    Yes, on a 20.

    Carry on.
    ~ Gaeryus (Sor14/FvS4/Pal2) Firebrand ~ ~ Phlegma (12Fgt/6Rog/2Pal)(L13)(eTR2) van Moyst ~
    ~ Hakashe (Pal14/Monk6)(L3)Nurigatu ~ ~ Koergan (Cle17/Brb2/Fgt1)Flamebeard ~
    Ex-Captain of the Flying Funk ~ ~ Ascent ~ ~ Epic Farming Videos ~ ~ New and Exciting Bugs

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload