Community Member

Default Returning player looking for a PnP/ PD experience.

Hey all, coming back again from another hiatus. I've been off playing some other games, but they lack the character depth that DDO provides and is what keeps drawing me back in.

The problem is, I always slide back into my old characters and a powergaming style of play here with a dwindling base of friends and guildies. Having played this game since around launch, it's just what I'm accustomed to. I'm looking to change that.

I've had a go or two at PD here before, but the "groups" I've joined were more apt to play solo or were completely devoid of any recklessness. I understand being cautious is important and death is final, don't get me wrong, but where's the fun? While finding a solid PD crawling group would be great, I could really go for some interesting PnP style play with that unique semi-rp socializing that comes along with it... similar to the THAC0 style I've been reading about.

I'm available to play mostly anytime and not opposed to any particular server. If anyone has a spot open or is starting a new group, let me know here or drop me a pm.

2015 DDO Players Council Hazelnut's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LMC View Post
    Hey all, coming back again from another hiatus. I've been off playing some other games, but they lack the character depth that DDO provides and is what keeps drawing me back in.

The problem is, I always slide back into my old characters and a powergaming style of play here with a dwindling base of friends and guildies. Having played this game since around launch, it's just what I'm accustomed to. I'm looking to change that.

I've had a go or two at PD here before, but the "groups" I've joined were more apt to play solo or were completely devoid of any recklessness. I understand being cautious is important and death is final, don't get me wrong, but where's the fun? While finding a solid PD crawling group would be great, I could really go for some interesting PnP style play with that unique semi-rp socializing that comes along with it... similar to the THAC0 style I've been reading about.

I'm available to play mostly anytime and not opposed to any particular server. If anyone has a spot open or is starting a new group, let me know here or drop me a pm.
    I joined that THAC0 group you mentioned a few weeks ago. I assume that indicates we are open to taking new members. You might like what the STORM group is doing, too.
    Zyinniah Hazelnut and Curissa Hazelnut on most servers.

Community Member

Either one of those sounds perfect, but it's hard to tell when exactly they play now after sifting through some of their posts.

Also, I figured they'd all be far beyond lowbie land by now, or do they have multiple groups of toons in different level ranges?

2015 DDO Players Council Hazelnut's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LMC View Post
    Either one of those sounds perfect, but it's hard to tell when exactly they play now after sifting through some of their posts.

Also, I figured they'd all be far beyond lowbie land by now, or do they have multiple groups of toons in different level ranges?
    THAC0 has 2 groups (that I'm aware of). Monday nights, which I'm in, and Wednesday nights. Both nights on Thelanis. Mondays range from level 3 (me) to level 6, I believe.

There is also the STORM group that runs on Sunday nights. I'm not sure what level they are at but they are friendly.
    Zyinniah Hazelnut and Curissa Hazelnut on most servers.