tldr? Are the GWF feats working with animal form working as currently intended? Are you thinking about changing them so that they do not benefit druids while on animal form in the future?
Just came back to ddo and found a pleasant surprise; Druids now benefit from TWF feats. I am pretty certain its not working as intended and is going to be fixed soon, but I certainly hope you guys reconsider and it will be declared wai as an early Christmas gift to us druids that were looking to be in animal form from the start and had to change into a caster 18/2 or tr into another class.
Personally I think it was a bit silly that animal form did not benefit from TWF feats from day one as Elemental form has quite a few advantages:
1.On the melee hybrid side splashing 2 monks and using Water elemental form while still doing good in melee since GWF added offhand strikes while on ele forms. You also gain 2 extra feats that you can use for TWF and Stunning fist or Power attack, thanks to these you can more meta magic feats.
2. Water elemental form made landing your quake and other spells more reliable for all other casters thanks to Mantle of the Icy Soul made and for fire you could have a fire aura aoe that is pretty decent, compared to ele forms it seems like Animal form Druids where just there for flavor.
3. Spells do not have a 2.5 increased cooldown on elemental forms compared to animal forms, even with the capstone from nature warriors you will still end up with a 50% longer cooldown than Fire/Water ele forms.
4. Crown of Summer (I seriously love this spell on my 18/2 druid)
5. Sla's from Natures Herald that can be empowered, maximized, etc.. for free. The SA is nice addition to wolf forms but without offhand attacks you will still do much more melee damage as a 18/2 splash with GWF feats.
6. Cannot use heal scrolls while in animal form.
Animal form druids have a lot going against them, it seems that the only thing that would make animal forms a decent alternative to pure caster druid, or 18/2 builds is the GWF feats working while in animal forms. I honestly believe that they intended for GWF feats to work while in animal form on live, if anything just to test it out since I didn't see many druids, let alone animal form druids and they wanted to make them more viable, I just want some clarification if its going to stay that way and its as intended.