Default Devs - can you update Deception on old named items please

The new deception effect makes the old deception effect look pretty pathetic. The new version comes with sneak attack bonuses attached, and they are bigger than anything that is on named loot.
    I agree.

Please fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

Updating Golden Guile would be ubber.

No one else agrees?
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

personally, ive never liked skills on meleeing weapons like upgraded Terror. named items will be slated for a new re-balancing to offset the the new re-balancing of random loot that was to offset the new re-balancing of old loot in a future update.

Community Member

I would love the new deception on some of the older items or even items from last update.

Community Member

They should have upgraded all the named loot with the new effects if they do the same thing.

The only exception is Ghosttouch, since they borked the Ghosttouch from Ghostbane to only work on Undead.

Quote Originally Posted by oradafu View Post
    They should have upgraded all the named loot with the new effects if they do the same thing.

The only exception is Ghosttouch, since they borked the Ghosttouch from Ghostbane to only work on Undead.
    Yar. Definitely.

Set "deception" the old one to be "deception 1 or 2" and "improved deception" at whatever as well, etc.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Can we get a "read by a dev" please?

So what you would be asking is for my Backstabber's Gloves to be given Deception VII, or something like that?

On that note, the deception sneak bonus. Does it stack with the old sneak bonuses like on Tharne's Goggles and Epic Ring of the Stalker?

Default +5 Sneak Attack Bonus from Items and the New Deception

I would also like to know if the bonus from +5 Sneak Attack Bonus (not the exceptional) on some old items and the new Deception are redundant.

Reycervantes, Avoro and Rodneys of Maelstrom Tharashk Guild, Thelanis

Community Member

I agree with the OP

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    No one else agrees?
    Well I do, however Turbine seem to try to give us incentive to trash named items to free our bank space of them as each single random gen loot meanwhile outclass named items. Heck even the increased dice on GS weapons is now available on each Paragon weapon
    * We have collectable bags, hell even hireling folders, but can I have that 6-pack for my potions please?
    * Having already a past life on the dieng EU servers, I rerolled here and started from scratch as I like the game and the community, so lets see what awaits me here

Updating Golden Guile would be ubber.
    Yes it would. I already wear the thing on my level 18 guy, along with level 16 brawling gloves which i get the sneak attack bonus from. It would be nice to free the glove slot.