Community Member

Default A super easy fix for the lr20 multiclass bug.

After the xp is rewarded, just let us off ship to go choose the classes we want from the in-game trainers.

I cant see any reason not to do this, I have several lr20 bugged builds that im just leaving on the ship til this gets fixed, for example, one build just wanted to switch from 6 fighter defender to 6 paladin defender, but cant do it, not like I was changing the idea of the build, or even the alignment.

Don't know about everyone else, but I have way too many builds to start from lvl 1 that got nailed by this enhancement pass and the bugged lr20.

Although I really do feel for those that are getting screwed, I see two issues with this suggestion.

First, they already monetized changing class levels by selling +X hearts in the DDO Store. So they'd have two choices:

1) Change the code to let everyone off the boat after getting XP and therefore trivializing the +X hearts, ****ing off people who recently bought one, and loose a revenue stream of "some" quantity (how many people purchase +X vs +0).
    2) Change the code to detect when the +20 heart is used an only allow those people off the boat.

The second issue is both of the changes require changing the code... In either case it's been proven time and time again that Turbine changes code with a sledge hammer wielding elephant instead of a scalpel. The dev's (I believe it was Varg) have already posted they weren't willing to crack open the LR code right now for an immediate patch, but maybe in the future.
    Officer of the Platinum Knights of Cannith, Founder of the guild GHOSTBANE of Cannith
    Main - Death - Completionist and then some...
    Other Characters - Holy, Leap, War, Optimusprime, Intimitank, Lanfear, Can, Afkbiobrb, Garagesale, Leverpuller and many more

Community Member

Default but its such a small change

just flag anyone who used an lr 20 to leave boat, that's it, the flag would normally be given after you've leveled 20 times, so its not like theyd have to rewrite any complex code, its just a flag.

Community Member

This is WAI accourding to devs/GMs.. I sent a ticket in about this when I TR'd my main and was told I would need to change my classes (somehow..?) before using the +20 heart. This was when I was already on the boat. It's purely a Money Grab.. Just like 80% of the **** they implemented lately. Now I've 15 toons all pretty much worthless right now, not quite sure how I want to proceed except delete everything and give Turbine the final one-finger Salute.
    Zaphear(Completionist), Lugziurious, Lugzmeat Shield, Lugzii, Lugziii, Lugzsing Measong - De Profundis