Thread: Again, SLA dcs

Community Member

Default Again, SLA dcs

Most slas require a dc check to be effective, however no dc for them is displayed, additionally nowhere are we given info on how the dc of the majority of slas is even calculated...

SO, we cant know if multiclassing them will still allow decent dcs. E.g. if the dc is calculated by character level + stat mod, or character level + x(whatever it may be) then a multiclass build could get decent dcs, however if the slas were based on caster level in the class that they were meant for (on some of them even that isn't apparent), then they would be near pointless for many multiclass builds.

Even worse, we don't even know what feats and increases will apply to any given sla, from massive testing I can tell you that energy burst dc is not increased by many things that youd think should increase it, ED evocation dc twist would increase it, but an evocation dc item would not? Same thing with caster levels, some stuff increased burst level, some didn't, no obvious rhyme or reason to it.

Which leads us to what I feel is the real problem, the reason dcs are not displayed on slas is that there are so many discrepencies and bugs that would be apparent if you did, is there any legitimate reason for not showing dcs on all spells that im not thinking of? I mean the dc must be getting calculated before each cast, so its no secret to the game.

Community Member

Default tin foil?

This doesnt bother anyone else?

Am i going tin foil hat here with my guess at why this isnt fixed?

"Bother" is maybe too strong.

We're conditioned to assume that anything with a DC, even if intended to add / stack, will likely be nigh-meaningless as either it will (a) not stack as we'd hope (b) not be programmed to stack properly (c) not work at all.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Yeah, it bothers me. I assumed that they were the same as the spell DC, but who knows? My guess could be totally off.

Quote Originally Posted by 01000010 View Post
    Most slas require a dc check to be effective, however no dc for them is displayed, additionally nowhere are we given info on how the dc of the majority of slas is even calculated...

SO, we cant know if multiclassing them will still allow decent dcs. E.g. if the dc is calculated by character level + stat mod, or character level + x(whatever it may be) then a multiclass build could get decent dcs, however if the slas were based on caster level in the class that they were meant for (on some of them even that isn't apparent), then they would be near pointless for many multiclass builds.

Even worse, we don't even know what feats and increases will apply to any given sla, from massive testing I can tell you that energy burst dc is not increased by many things that youd think should increase it, ED evocation dc twist would increase it, but an evocation dc item would not? Same thing with caster levels, some stuff increased burst level, some didn't, no obvious rhyme or reason to it.

Which leads us to what I feel is the real problem, the reason dcs are not displayed on slas is that there are so many discrepencies and bugs that would be apparent if you did, is there any legitimate reason for not showing dcs on all spells that im not thinking of? I mean the dc must be getting calculated before each cast, so its no secret to the game.
    Lol
    At times like this I actually miss Shade
    Getting an answer from Turbine is rare, getting one that's directly informative and helpful rarer still. If you feel up to it, take a friend to a brawling pit and start testing. He should be able to see what he's rolling to save against your SLAs. Start out with no save modding gear/twists/abilities to get a baseline. Once you have the "this number saves, this one doesn't" established, you can brake down how it's calculated by inference. Then start adding things to see what helps and what doesn't.

Personally, I don't have the patients for that level of testing & # crunching, but some of these folks love it.
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow - btw, do you have change for 10 million population?

Community Member

Default testing burn out

Ive tested so much recently its adversely affecting my game experience.

Testing to see how a build performs or how something odd stacks for an edge in the game is one thing, having to test for hours on end just to see how a spell/sla works and what works with it is another.

Its absurd really, i mentioned energy burst earlier, i can say for sure that very few people in the game know much about it, all assumptions, and many logical assumptions are entirely incorrect unfortunately.

Transparency in this will allow any stacking bugs to be exposed, and that may very well lead to less bugs in the future.