Community Member

Default Returning Player Enhancements Problem

After quite some time i decided to check all the new content in DDO only to be rather depressed to find out the new enchancements might have killed my two favourite chars. One of them i can salvage to something lesser, but still playable, the other however im not sure what to do with (except TR which i really dont want to do right now).

To be more specific its a Bard 16 / Ranger 2 / Rogue 2 build. An all rounder trapper (that also used to be able to do epic traps), support and AA build.

The problem now is, i cant find any way to get any rogue enhancements, nor can i find a way to get back elf AA and all the crucial enhancements like slaying arrows, etc.

Really not fond of how this turned out after spending so much effort on the build and some pretty hard to get gear to make it work.

Is there still any way to do this or is this char now rubbish?

You can take enhancements from six class trees, plus your one racial tree. So you probably just have to scroll right (click the arrows on the side) to get to the Rogue ones. Or you might have to use a dropdown box (at the bottom of each tree) to swap in the Rogue tree you want (probably Mechanic, if you're concerned about trap skills).

You can gain access to the Elf version of the Arcane Archer tree by buying it from your racial tree. This will cost you at least 14 points in that tree, and you'll need to Accept the points spent before the tree will appear, and then you can spend more there.

I also have a heavily splashed Bard (15Bard/3Rog/2Ftr) that I was concerned about with the new system, but she turned out better than before. Hopefully, you'll have the same luck.

Community Member

Well i did manage to get to slaying arrows, but im screwed on the bard side doing that. Now you can only pick one tier 5 enhancement which screws my otherwise fun build. Great...

Quote Originally Posted by HeavenCry View Post
    Well i did manage to get to slaying arrows, but im screwed on the bard side doing that. Now you can only pick one tier 5 enhancement which screws my otherwise fun build. Great...
    A tip - drop slaying arrows. It's been turned into a silly little clicky, with an avg of 12.5 dmg/second. (not including crit multiplier)
    Better off investing in bard tree imo.