Thread: +20 Heart

Community Member

Default +20 Heart

Quick Question.
    Been away for a bit and now coming back, got a 28 point lvl23 build and was looking to use this opportunity to TR using the +20 heart.
    I've heard somewhere that I may come back as a 32 point build. Is this right or not as I can't find the thread I saw it in.
    Think of going from Halfling 13 rog/6Rang/1monk/3 epic to a pure something. Just not feeling the rog/rang/monk thing working for me.
    Any help gratefully accepted.

Quote Originally Posted by Fidjit View Post
    Quick Question.
    Been away for a bit and now coming back, got a 28 point lvl23 build and was looking to use this opportunity to TR using the +20 heart.
    I've heard somewhere that I may come back as a 32 point build. Is this right or not as I can't find the thread I saw it in.
    Think of going from Halfling 13 rog/6Rang/1monk/3 epic to a pure something. Just not feeling the rog/rang/monk thing working for me.
    Any help gratefully accepted.
    A lesser +20 will not make you a 32 point build, but (subject to some rather annoying limitations) it will allow you to change classes at will.

The limitations are that you cant have more than 3 classes (including the ones you had at the relevant level before the LR)
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

Community Member

if you have 32 point build unlocked i think it might bring you back as a 32 point toon (unless you are drow) Turbine were getting rid of Greater hearts and just combining them with lesser ones.

Also the +20 heart doesnt let you TR at all TR requires a heart of wood and is different from an LR but im guessing you just have the wrong term

Community Member

Yep wrong term, meant LR, want to reset all levels, happy with Race, I remember doing it on a ton way back where I used a heart to reset a couple of elvels I took as an experiment (as some experiments do it blew up in my face, but as Disney said just rub it out and start again).

So we have one vote for yes come back as 32 and one for no. lol.

Community Member

Well since there is no Greater Reincarnation anymore, I don't see how else you would create a 32 point character except by Lesser Reincarnating, once you'd hit the 1750 Favor milestone on a server, or shelled out for it in the Store...so I don't know but my guess would be "yes", if you've unlocked it.

TRs, of course, always give you +stats - so there'd be no point in having the 1750 Favor reward, if you couldn't activate it by LRing.

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Well since there is no Greater Reincarnation anymore, I don't see how else you would create a 32 point character except by Lesser Reincarnating, once you'd hit the 1750 Favor milestone on a server, or shelled out for it in the Store...so I don't know but my guess would be "yes", if you've unlocked it.

TRs, of course, always give you +stats - so there'd be no point in having the 1750 Favor reward, if you couldn't activate it by LRing.
    Wait what ?
    Greater reincarnation is alive and well. And still there.

LR won't make you 32 pt build. Not until they make the reincarnation changes.
    Owy Evoker FvS / Praledric Completionist Qstaff Rogue/Monk/Druid / Laraeph DC Wizard / Laraelph AA Monk/Ranger/Pally / Gaenry Shiradi Sorc/FvS/Wiz / Reasis SWF Pally & numerous others
    The Leveller for DDO!

Quote Originally Posted by Fidjit View Post
    Yep wrong term, meant LR, want to reset all levels, happy with Race, I remember doing it on a ton way back where I used a heart to reset a couple of elvels I took as an experiment (as some experiments do it blew up in my face, but as Disney said just rub it out and start again).

So we have one vote for yes come back as 32 and one for no. lol.
    Normally A LR will not get you 32 point from 28. (never tested using an LR with 1750 Favor thoughtit makes sense that it should apply)
    A GR is typicallly used to get to 32 from 28...

Levelling to a pure class with your split may take more than a single +20 LR..

For instance.. Halfling 13 rog/6Rang/1monk

If you want to LR to 20 rogue, or 20 ranger, or 20 monk, or any variation of these.. you can.. no issues...

If you wanted to LR to a class you arenot currently in such as a Fighter... you would not be able to with a sinlge +20LR.
    Assuming Rogue was your first level.. (If you took monk as your first level you could +20LR to a class not in your original split.)
    The current system retains the levels you have as selected classes and you cannot select a 4th class..
    So until you completely eliminate all of the previously selected classes the system would not allow you to select another class.

Another issue for some is if you were not Lawful Good before you started the LR process you could not take Paladin, or Chaotic for Barbarian...

This brings up another issue with LR's .. say you wanted to go barbarian from your current selection.(Similar issue for Paladin if you are not Lawful Good)
    ..you cant with your +20LR....
    You first have to LR to get rid of the monk level and take one of your other 2 classes to make the next LR easier, level all the way back up to cap, get off the LR boat.
    Then purchase an alignment change from the DDO store.
    Wait 7 days for your LR timer to reset.
    Then +20 LR to take your Barbarian Levels.

The whole LR process is clunky and in need of refining.
    Last edited by JOTMON; 08-30-2013 at 09:26 AM.
    Jotmon - Let's not forget why we play these games - to have fun - ~
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(Completionist - before the Otto's/XP pots easymode), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-Epic Completionist), Whatthetruck.. and many many more alts..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by -Zephyr- View Post
    Wait what ?
    Greater reincarnation is alive and well. And still there.

LR won't make you 32 pt build. Not until they make the reincarnation changes.
    Oh is that not live yet? I thought that was part of the patch...well if its not live yet, then your LR+20 should keep you at 28-pts, definitely.