Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 223
  1. #21
    Community Member darthhento's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    854

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Spirit View Post
    So your solution for the borked Shiradi ED is to enable another caster type the same overpowered ability to trivialise EE content and make other teammembers obsolete?
    Shouldn't the solution to overpowered first life Shiradis be something that involves Shiradis? And not making another Class/ED combination as overpowered?
    Reading comprehension is a skill that needs to be mastered.
    =$==$==$==$==$==$==$==ORIEN==$==$==$==$==$==$==$=
    Darthwolf **(?_?) Zendarth m(?_?m) Darthnoheals \(?_?)
    =$==$==$==$==$==$==House Do'Urden==$==$==$==$==$==$=

  2. #22
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,785

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Atremus View Post
    Melee has been far more viable than a DC Caster since the High Road. The mob saves are inflated in EE making DC casting a hail marry play style. DC casting needs an adjustment to be viable as a play style.
    That's what everyone tells me on the forums, but I sure didn't experience that in-game.

    And no, the guy was not drinking a ton of pots. Why would he need to, when every quest is now liberally sprinkled with rest shrines?

    Adrenaline overpowered? Even with it active I can't one-shot a mob the way an arcane can, and I get only a handful of them. I'm sure a maxed-out Barb could one-shot yellows but still, only get a few, and they have significant downsides like lack of self-healing that arcanes do not.

    Master's Blitz? Great fun if you can get one going. Except of course that there's no mobs to kill when the casters get them all first. And the second you step through a door or portal, it's gone. Not even remotely comparable.

    I loved using Blitz but quickly discovered there were only a handful of quests with enough mobs and few enough doors/portals that it was viable. It was situational at best. Arcane spells are valuable nearly everywhere.

    My experience running Storm Horns and epic raids with arcanes quite literally prompted me to TR out of my fighter weeks before I had initially planned. I was simply taking up a party slot that would have been better filled by another caster. It was incredibly boring and frustrating.
    Last edited by Qaliya; 08-30-2013 at 08:32 AM.

  3. #23
    Community Member Forzah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,765

    Default

    Devs should really reconsider their aims for endgame. Imo, a rebalance of all epic destinies and modification to CR of monsters on EE are needed to make endgame viable for many more types of builds. Currently endgame is extremely bland.

  4. #24
    Community Member anivaj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    339

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qaliya View Post
    That's what everyone tells me on the forums, but I sure didn't experience that in-game.

    And no, the guy was not drinking a ton of pots. Why would he need to, when every quest is now liberally sprinkled with rest shrines?

    Adrenaline overpowered? Even with it active I can't one-shot a mob the way an arcane can, and I get only a handful of them. I'm sure a maxed-out Barb could one-shot yellows but still, only get a few, and they have significant downsides like lack of self-healing that arcanes do not.

    Master's Blitz? Great fun if you can get one going. Except of course that there's no mobs to kill when the casters get them all first. And the second you step through a door or portal, it's gone. Not even remotely comparable.

    I loved using Blitz but quickly discovered there were only a handful of quests with enough mobs and few enough doors/portals that it was viable. It was situational at best. Arcane spells are valuable nearly everywhere.

    My experience running Storm Horns and epic raids with arcanes quite literally prompted me to TR out of my fighter weeks before I had initially planned. I was simply taking up a party slot that would have been better filled by another caster. It was incredibly boring and frustrating.
    I have a suggestion...instead of spouting off anecdotal evidence about arcane endgame EE DCs, how about you actually play a caster and let us know how that works out? Endgame DCs make melee and Shiradis gods when compared to their gimpness.
    Cannith - Sorrion - Glassbones - Galodon - Farsnipe
    Sarlona - Glassbones

  5. #25
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,104

    Default

    Agree with the Thread Opener, DC Caster need a buff.
    OR all other need a heavy nerf.

    Even my under geared wanneby Tukaw can Blitz through EE but no my PM with way more Equip and way more PL cant run them without jugging SP pots and using tons of scrolls.
    Sure i could keep gulping pots and just run them with my PM but thats not what i consider fun, because it just feels wrong to NEED to rely on so much pots/scrolls.
    Taenebrae, Daemonsoul, Daemoneyes and Daemonheart of Argonessen
    Glitzakram - Trade Thread

  6. #26
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    641

    Default

    Exactly how I feel about the game, my PM is very similar to the OP (except I have nether orb +5 necro and +3 insightful int item but no EE gloves), just capped him last night, tried some EEs, not to complete more to see how they feel and today I am that close to quit the game altogether, casters are so far behind the melee on EE it's not even funny, almost as far as they are behind arcane classes abusing the completely broken ranged ED. It just ruins my game experience, I have zero incentive to level up my FvS now cause his DCs can't even touch the ones of the PM (and the PM is useless in EE), so what are my options? TR to healbot cleric? Or use shiradi? Very frustrating experience. Probably not the place here but if they do not fix shiradi I am leaving (by that I mean - add DC to venom, primal stat based maybe, make it proc on each spell not each projectile, lower the random damage, or completely remove it from spells), choices is what hooked me up on this game and being forced to do what everybody else does is gonna drive me away.

  7. #27
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,785

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anivaj View Post
    I have a suggestion...instead of spouting off anecdotal evidence about arcane endgame EE DCs, how about you actually play a caster and let us know how that works out? Endgame DCs make melee and Shiradis gods when compared to their gimpness.
    Why, because a caster I make will magically be different than my guildie's?

    Even if they are using Shiradi, that's just another example of melees being completely outclassed. They need buffing far more than casters do, even if the Shiradi style is currently better than DC casting.

    We do not need more instakills in the game. Unless they put in ways for all classes to do it with something approaching balance.
    Last edited by Qaliya; 08-30-2013 at 08:52 AM.

  8. #28
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,785

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Spirit View Post
    Shouldn't the solution to overpowered first life Shiradis be something that involves Shiradis?
    Yes, it should.

    When the percentages of people choosing certain classes and EDs are completely out of balance, that's a sign that adjustment is necessary.

  9. #29
    Community Member Teh_Troll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Under the bridge
    Posts
    5,874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Firepants View Post
    So you're complaining that the hardest challenge in the game is actually a challenge? If you wait long enough maybe someone else will do it for you too.
    As the authority on all things trollish I rate this post a 7 out of 10. Not bad but I believe you can do better.

  10. #30
    Community Member kned225's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qaliya View Post
    Yes, it should.

    When the percentages of people choosing certain classes and EDs are completely out of balance, that's a sign that adjustment is necessary.
    Seems to me a slight lowering of EE mobs saves and a slight buff of EE mobs hps would make everyone happy. Dc casters feel useful and damage-heavy shiradis and melee can still do their thing

  11. #31
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    133

    Default

    I haven't played much recently but this was the same 'problem' people complained about with the epic Gianthold update. I never saw any problems there on ee, are you having about the same success rate in the new packs at 28 as you did in GH at 25?

    I wonder if people are just not using the right spells vs appropriate enemies? The design has always been 'target their weak saves' if you want to land a spell. Even very high dc casters should not expect to easily instakill anything with a high fort save, if you can then its too easy. Are you having issues against enemies with low fort saves also?

    SR has also been an issue for some creatures but there are ways to lower it and even more options now, it just requires a little teamwork. High SR should not be a problem, especially against boss types.

  12. #32
    Community Member Teh_Troll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Under the bridge
    Posts
    5,874

    Default

    My wizard is only 26 and has a 62 necro DC. I've found this to be acceptable, good enough overall.

    SOME mobs could use a saves adjustment but overall it's fine.

  13. #33
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    408

    Default

    First of all, im sr i cant answer all points setup so far due to limited time.
    2 things i want to stress out:
    1) my necro DC is at 66 right now, with Yugo pot running, possible raise options are listed.
    2) I dont want a cakewalk EE, I want a reason NOT to choose schiradi and be usefull

    There are different ways of teamwork aviable. Some tactics can include someone draging the party till the boss fight, some require the sam etoon to hold back to take care of the trash during the boss fight, some may require a high focus on melee and buffing them, some focus on strong casting. However you decide how you want to play, these are given options and all should be viable.

    Am i more powerfull on lower difficulties? most likely. am i overall more powerfull than a shiradi, hard to tell, as my spells have significant higher sp cost, and timer combined with lesser dmg. The shiradi therefore clearl has the advantage against mobs with dw, db, red and purple namend. I would vote both styles get the job done pretty well.

    But pls consider, i am not talking about anything less than EE.
    The dcs compared on EH to EE are pretty off scale. This is my concern right now. Not only that I have major problems, but i again want to clearify, if a toon like mine has such troubles, what about those with less gear/pls.
    Thelanis: Errtu-1, Cherubael, Nararian, Seyria, Yarrrkk, Apothecarius, Tarcus-1, Kheradruakh, Evesor, Experimentum

  14. #34
    Hero JOTMON's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Orillia, Ontario
    Posts
    4,985

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forzah View Post
    I disagree. The gains of TR'ing should be minor at best. You can't expect a new player or new toon to TR 10 times before becoming effective.
    I disagree here.
    Grinding out gear /TR levels/ whatever... these all need to show significant improvements over rolling up a basic character stoning to cap and being effective with basic off the shelf gear, a mediocre geared player should only be 50% effective if that..

    Someone who is fully geared and past life loaded should be 90% effective solo and better with party buffs.

    Every tweak piece of geat needs to make the player a little bit better otherwise there is no point or challenge or reason to grind out those obscure and unusal bonusses.

    Quote Originally Posted by Forzah View Post
    That said, I don't want to see the insta-kill fest that started with the removal of epic ward returning. Making DCs of non insta-kill spells work is perfectly fine with me, but please, no more of that insta-kill pale master nonsense that ruins teamplay.
    I can agree with this, Insta-kills need to be balanced, aka not all mobs easily insta-killable, others however should be very easily insta-killable... like a pack of wolves..

    More personal attention to specific mobs is required, the blanket protections that the devs have a habit of doing is sloppy and lazy.
    Epic Wards were one of the worst thing ever introduced into the game.

    Every mob is supposed to have strengths and exploitable weaknesses, not 400,000hp and mass cleaving beyond the visible weapon range for 400 points of damage.... or cast flesh to stone with a save DC of 73 that only splash Paladins can achieve.
    Last edited by JOTMON; 08-30-2013 at 09:36 AM.
    Jotmon - Let's not forget why we play these games - to have fun - ~
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(HC 28/42,EC 26/36,IC 12/12), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-EC 32/36), Whatthetruck(Raid farmer-2nd life).. and many many more alts..

    Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.

  15. #35
    Community Member anivaj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    339

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    My wizard is only 26 and has a 62 necro DC. I've found this to be acceptable, good enough overall.

    SOME mobs could use a saves adjustment but overall it's fine.
    How are the enchant DCs working?
    Cannith - Sorrion - Glassbones - Galodon - Farsnipe
    Sarlona - Glassbones

  16. #36
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,785

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kned225 View Post
    Seems to me a slight lowering of EE mobs saves and a slight buff of EE mobs hps would make everyone happy. Dc casters feel useful and damage-heavy shiradis and melee can still do their thing
    Right now melees "doing their thing" seems to mostly involve beating down red names and trying to run ahead of the casters so they can maybe get a kill in before the red finger appears.

    I'm sensitive to the fact that DC casting is difficult right now. I just think it should be. I pretty much have no way of instakilling anything when I'm playing a fighter, and I don't think it should come easily to other classes either.

    Bards, fighters and paladins need significant buffing. Wizards do not.

  17. #37
    Community Member Teh_Troll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Under the bridge
    Posts
    5,874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anivaj View Post
    How are the enchant DCs working?
    Decent, I think I'm 54 and it gets enough to be worth using. Again I'm not maxxed. My guildie has an 18/2 drow with a 66 necro and a 57 enchant and he's just awesome. I'm really wondering what game the "mah DCs no work!" people are playing. Do they want it to be the god-mode we have in Inspired Quarter?

    Don't get me wrong . . . back when High Road and EGH came out I was leading the charge to make DC casting more viable. From what I've observed with this new setup if your DC caster isn't strong the problem exists between your keayboard and chair.

  18. #38
    Community Member Charononus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anivaj View Post
    How are the enchant DCs working?
    pretty well in wheloon less well in stormhorns but earthquake shines in stormhorns making me think it might be a weak save type issue as earthquake has a harder time in wheloon.

  19. #39
    Community Member kned225's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    592

    Default

    Assuming no changes to the mobs are made, maybe its time for a different approach. Necro-spec has been under the gun for a long time and i highly doubt EE was designed to be forgiving to pms. Maybe put that 66dc in enchantment?
    I realize this isnt what you want for a pm but a contribution is a contribution. Just a thought

  20. #40
    Community Member Teh_Troll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Under the bridge
    Posts
    5,874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kned225 View Post
    Assuming no changes to the mobs are made, maybe its time for a different approach. Necro-spec has been under the gun for a long time and i highly doubt EE was designed to be forgiving to pms. Maybe put that 66dc in enchantment?
    I realize this isnt what you want for a pm but a contribution is a contribution. Just a thought
    i don't think you can hit that, but you can break 60.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload