Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Actually, Ghost Touch was combined with Undead Bane.
    It's called Ghostbane now. It gives Ghost Touch plus Bane damage versus Undead.

So far we're seeing encouraging results. The changes made are making it easier for characters at all levels of play to find suitable weapons for the challenges they encounter.

Undead were one of the sore spots that had the potential to turn new and low level players off from DDO, so we're happy we were able to introduce a better tool to help overcome that challenge.

Some other missing effects are only gone temporarily, such as Bodyfeeder or ability score damage on hit.
    They will be re-introduced once higher-level versions are created so that you can continue finding better versions of them as you level.
    Meanwhile all healing amp stuff is gone. All type of procs are gone from weapons. Eveningstar challenge weapons are retroactively borked. The sameness of items seems to circulate the same few deadly and accuracy or ability point through most random items with very little diversity. Damage wise you find items that has more of the elemental damage of shatter/dace etc then you have damage of damage, making items generally unappealing.

I understand that Turbine wanted to simplify the item making so that you can grow the power of them without inventing Acid mega blast as an additional damage type. But at the same time you managed to make named items near worthless as the power of these deadly of whatever items surpass them in power by a mile.

In motu you could find things like helmets and rings of devotion on it - now you can only find that on weapons.

On the other hand you can find named item breaking deadly of accuracy on almost all type of items. So the diversity of things that break the game spreads to almost all slots while the things that would add true diversity like spell power items have been confined to weapon slots.

So far we're seeing encouraging results. The changes made are making it easier for characters at all levels of play to find suitable weapons for the challenges they encounter.

Undead were one of the sore spots that had the potential to turn new and low level players off from DDO, so we're happy we were able to introduce a better tool to help overcome that challenge.

Some other missing effects are only gone temporarily, such as Bodyfeeder or ability score damage on hit.
    They will be re-introduced once higher-level versions are created so that you can continue finding better versions of them as you level.

very nice to know feather... thanks for the input..

i also liked the new way of the undead beaters..

one question tho.. i have been looking for a banishing kama for quite some time now.. at least a year.. and so far haven't found one on AH vendors or even lucky to loot one myself..

do they exist? or kamas don't banish?! :P

thanks

2016 DDO Players Council Qhualor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    Stunning, Vertigo, Shatter have been renamed.
    Bodyfeeder and lifeshield are gone.
    True Law and True chaos have been absorbed into a a general anarchic or axiomatic.
    As the above, the same has happened with elemental and force damage. i.e. there is no more blazing, but there is fire which will do 2d8.
    Force is now known as Eldrich.
    Burst modifiers seem to have been removed.
    maiming appears to have been removed.
    Special 'types' such as Desert Sand, Of the Sun, Rebel, divine light, etc. seem to have been removed.
    There are no more "banes" other than ghostbane which feather has commented on.
    Smiting, Paralizing, Vorpal, Bansihing, Disruption drop less, can happen on any weapon type, and at the upper levels have an improved version. (I don't know if paras actually have an improved version)
    Stat damage has been removed (see feather's comment again)
    poison (hp damage) only seems to be happening on named items.

This pretty much sums up what I've seen. Which I'm sure other people have posted before.
    I have experienced the same thing. I will add in almost every end reward list ghost bane is listed at least once and most common. I see a lot of the same weapon affects in loot pulls and end rewards also like disruption, eldritch and dazing. I saw my first vorpal and paralyzing hand wraps last night (been playing a monk only since loot changes). I have yet to see elemental bane or any other bane except for ghost touch and haven't seen any metal type dr weapons or good/holy. Could be just the Loot Gods, but just saying what I have experienced so far.

You know, I don't develop this game, and I'm sure that perhaps there was a data-driven decision made on this. But honestly, I hate Ghostbane.

You’ve got other mobs that can be incorporeal, where Ghost Touch effect applies, but since they are not considered undead, there is no extra damage applied. The mobs are in a few niche quests, where it doesn’t make any sense to craft beaters, but are not exactly pushovers in combat. Ghost Touch had a very broad-based use. Now, it is being dragged over to being something that only applies to undead, and I think that is extremely limiting.

Likewise, if I wanted to eliminate the undead issue, I usually found a piece of gear that gave me Ghost Touch, and then crafted Holy of Undead Bane (or Flame Touch of Lesser Undead Bane), or whatever. Plus it made getting the Marbar cloak a worthwhile grind. It also gave low-level toons a reason to use the crafting system. Plus, it also gave me a reason to run Marbar, and a point in running certain quests for getting that kind of drop loot.

I think Ghostbane would have been a slick idea along the line of Sun’s Fury, or some of the BtCoE stuff (add light damage and you’re golden), but now it is a standard drop…and one that seems to be dropping on every other piece of equipment (like Solar). This is especially true when you have very few undead mobs in epics. Maybe a giant skelly here or there, and those boss fight skellys in LoD, but that’s about it.

I honestly believe you had a GREAT system with the BtCoE stuff. It made random loot something to really look at when you opened the chest – I know that it was the effect that it had on me. Some of the stuff I took lasted me for several levels beyond what I would have normally used it. Now…notsomuch.

So you may be hearing encouraging results from some people. Some of the new random loot drops have had the exact opposite effect with me.

Yes. That's another issue. Ghostbane doesn't work in IQ.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by djl View Post
    The absence of any new form of Heal Amp is very troubling. Many people are still using the horribly out-dated PDK Gloves from Motu, simply because they are a rare source of 30% heal amp. It would be nice to have heal amp added to the list of new item prefixes that can drop.
    Considering what they have been slowing doing with other effects (dodge, and exceptional bonuses) I suspect eventually healing amp will be changed to a non-stacking (at least with equipment) bonus. As long as they do what they did with dodge (double existing values and add some new higher ones as well) I think I would be ok with the change too.

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    Then..

A) you have absolutely no clue about loot.
    B) you haven't had time to play with the release.

Feather has corrected this somewhat but in general...

Stunning, Vertigo, Shatter have been renamed.
    Bodyfeeder and lifeshield are gone.
    True Law and True chaos have been absorbed into a a general anarchic or axiomatic.
    As the above, the same has happened with elemental and force damage. i.e. there is no more blazing, but there is fire which will do 2d8.
    Force is now known as Eldrich.
    Burst modifiers seem to have been removed.
    maiming appears to have been removed.
    Special 'types' such as Desert Sand, Of the Sun, Rebel, divine light, etc. seem to have been removed.
    There are no more "banes" other than ghostbane which feather has commented on.
    Smiting, Paralizing, Vorpal, Bansihing, Disruption drop less, can happen on any weapon type, and at the upper levels have an improved version. (I don't know if paras actually have an improved version)
    Stat damage has been removed (see feather's comment again)
    poison (hp damage) only seems to be happening on named items.

This pretty much sums up what I've seen. Which I'm sure other people have posted before.
    I also somehow dislike that all descriptions have completely lost any relation to dice. It is just a matter of fact that the distribution of 2d4+4 is not linear as what 6-12 would imply. Same goes for Burst effects, which are not just flat out linear but have a regular and a critical profile.

I mean DDO already explain in Heyton's Rest that one need a blunt weapon for skeletons, but somehow I must have missed the explanation of the dice notation, which would probably a better approach then just removing this identity.

Burst modifiers missing ... does this by the way mean that if we craft now Shroud Weapons, e.g. going from tier II to tier III, that Burst effects get removed? If so, I am not very amused!

Last but not least I think 'Ghostbane' would have been nice as an additional mutation, but it was nice to be able to put this separately on a crafted weapon, e.g. acid + ghost touch which had a broader use and was low in level. You actually remove options for us...
    Last edited by SisAmethyst; 08-30-2013 at 02:52 PM.
    * We have collectable bags, hell even hireling folders, but can I have that 6-pack for my potions please?
    * Having already a past life on the dieng EU servers, I rerolled here and started from scratch as I like the game and the community, so lets see what awaits me here

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by niehues View Post
    one question tho.. i have been looking for a banishing kama for quite some time now.. at least a year.. and so far haven't found one on AH vendors or even lucky to loot one myself..

Unless it's a named Kama, you shouldn't be able to find one with Banishing. The Banishing property should only appears on Blunt and Piercing random weapons but not Slashing weapons, just like Vorpal should only appear on Slashing weapons but not Piercing and Blunt weapons. However, with named items, the rules don't necessarily need to apply.

Quote Originally Posted by oradafu View Post
    Unless it's a named Kama, you shouldn't be able to find one with Banishing. The Banishing property should only appears on Blunt and Piercing random weapons but not Slashing weapons, just like Vorpal should only appear on Slashing weapons but not Piercing and Blunt weapons. However, with named items, the rules don't necessarily need to apply.
    Lol. Tell that to the guy that coded random weapon effects on random weapons. See my post above that I looted vorpal hand wraps.

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    Lol. Tell that to the guy that coded random weapon effects on random weapons. See my post above that I looted vorpal hand wraps.
    Yup, we've seen Vorpal clubs and other ridiculous things.

The loot tables are completely fubared.

2016 DDO Players Council DDOTalk71's Avatar

Snik Snak goes the Vorpal....Hand?.....
    Asheras - Velania - Ventarya - Renvar - Vallorynn - Officer in Loreseekers and Member of Lava Divers - Khyber

Community Member

Unfortunately this means no more ghost-touch of disruption...

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

Quote Originally Posted by oradafu View Post
    DnD rules no longer apply, DDO is heading for the WOW wannabie realms.

The Destroyer of Loot has retroactively rewritten decent non-standard loot to be balanced and mostly made worthless.
    Ultimately it has junked many of my coveted low level years of accumulated goodies and conveted them into deconstruction materials and in some cases vendor trash.

Apparently for the greater good .. the greater good....

Last edited by JOTMON; 08-30-2013 at 05:29 PM.
    Jotmon - Let's not forget why we play these games - to have fun - ~
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(HC 28/42,EC 26/36,IC 12/12), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-EC 32/36), Whatthetruck(Raid farmer-2nd life).. and many many more alts..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.

Default Healing amp items are gone and so are bracers with Sup. Parrying

They updated the name to Parrying IV, but they seem to be gone from the loot tables.

In addition, I have yet get an SP pot from end rewards since update.

Quote Originally Posted by Retrodark View Post
    They updated the name to Parrying IV, but they seem to be gone from the loot tables.

In addition, I have yet get an SP pot from end rewards since update.
    Parrying has been rolled into reposte on random gen loot IIRC.
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    I am not aware of any missing item properties that were not deliberately removed as part of the switch over to various tiered levels of item properties. If you feel an item is missing that should not be, send in a bug on it and someone can take a look.
    First, thanx for the reply, it is appreciated!

So Nibor pointed out that the release notes do apparently include "some effects have been removed or replaced..."
    Perhaps we disagree on what constitutes "some" vs "most." Sure, "of striding" has been replaced with "of speed," perhaps a couple other replacements have been made I'm not thinking of ATM.

Seriously though, how are we to bug report what we think should be there but isn't?
    How often should I send in a report of "I've now looted (X) number of chests, and still no convalescence or clickies of any kind." There is nothing available (please correct me if I'm wrong here) to tell us what should or should not be dropping. This makes proper bug reporting quite difficult.
    Last edited by PermaBanned; 08-30-2013 at 04:28 PM.
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow - btw, do you have change for 10 million population?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Yup, we've seen Vorpal clubs and other ridiculous things.

The loot tables are completely fubared.
    Quote Originally Posted by DDOTalk71 View Post
    Snik Snak goes the Vorpal....Hand?.....
    Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    DnD rules no longer apply, DDO is heading for the WOW wannabie realms.

The Destroyer of Loot has retroactively rewritten decent non-standard loot to be balanced and mostly made worthless.
    Ultimately it has junked many of my coveted low level years of accumulated goodies and conveted them into deconstruction materials and in some cases vendor trash.

Ugh... The Update that just keeps giving...and taking...and giving...and taking...

It's like peeling a freaking onion.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by niehues View Post
    very nice to know feather... thanks for the input..

i also liked the new way of the undead beaters..

thanks
    To the best I know, slashing weapons don't banish. Only piercing and bludgeon. Greensteel excepted ofc.

Default Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok.cry View Post
    Parrying has been rolled into reposte on random gen loot IIRC.
    But, is that only on weapons, or is it on non-weapon items too?

Thank you too for getting back to us about this (issue in general). Like others, I did prefered Ghost Touch as an individual property, as it was useful against more than just undead. However since most of the nice damaging suffixes have been removed I guess this works about as well.

However they (we) no longer seem to be able to loot clickies of any kind. Casters used Hypnotism & Crushing Despair to more efficiently land DC based spells in the high-end epics. Clickies for Rage, Haste, Expeditious Retreat, Invisibility, (the list goes on & on...) we're used by players both new & old at many levels of play. These being removed is not encouraging to any of your players.

There's that word "some" again. When the release notes said "some effects have been removed or replaced" some seemed to mean a lot. So in the above quote does "some" include the clickies? Or just Bodyfeeder & stat damager type effects?

I'm really glad to see y'all open up and converse about this. Please keep in touch!
    Last edited by PermaBanned; 08-30-2013 at 04:57 PM.
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow - btw, do you have change for 10 million population?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast